This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

C/D: Mega Evolution is a new battle mechanic, not new Pokemon

#1Lapras24Posted 10/7/2013 8:39:21 PM
They may be new designs of pre-existing Pokemon, but they are not new Pokemon. More like a stronger form of a small select group of Pokemon.
#2HakeemTheDreamPosted 10/7/2013 8:42:56 PM
C, though it does sort of blur the line between the two
---
Remember the Name
http://i.imgur.com/i2aAOiu.png
#3LightHawKnightPosted 10/7/2013 8:49:58 PM
The hell is an evolution then.
---
The Official Odin of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
"You know how confusing the whole good-evil concept is for me."
#4Bruce_WanyePosted 10/7/2013 8:50:28 PM
C. So people can stop trying to pass them off as new Pokemon.
---
I'm Batman!
#5ShadowMaster684Posted 10/7/2013 8:51:08 PM
Mega evolutions are just like shots of genetic steroids that cause your Pokemon to go into an evolutionary roid rage until they wear off at the end of the battle. It's a forced, short-term evolution, more than anything.
#6The_Undying_84Posted 10/7/2013 8:51:33 PM
C. It only happens in battle, sounds like a battle mechanic to me. They're just different forms, not different Pokemon.
---
PSN: TheUndying84
#7vohniePosted 10/7/2013 9:10:20 PM
Lore-wise: C --They seem more like powerups or transformations to me.

Logistically: D -- Even if they're only on screen for a short time they have their own models, designs, animations, battle cries, moves, strategies, and game balance impacts.

I ultimately consider them to be new Pokemon when I imagine the logistics involved in programming and designing the Pokemon.
#8DryGuy84Posted 10/7/2013 9:11:07 PM
vohnie posted...
Lore-wise: C --They seem more like powerups or transformations to me.

Logistically: D -- Even if they're only on screen for a short time they have their own models, designs, animations, battle cries, moves, strategies, and game balance impacts.

I ultimately consider them to be new Pokemon when I imagine the logistics involved in programming and designing the Pokemon.

---
Currently Playing: GTA 5, Saints Row 4, UMvC3, and Sonic Adventure 2
"What are you doing in my basement? GET OUTTA HERE!!!" -Danny Sexbang, 2013
#9FowhawkPosted 10/7/2013 9:11:34 PM
D. They are new Pokemon. They may have limited uses but as far as I am concerned they are considered new.
---
Imagine giving a child 100 new toys but he throws a tantrum because 5 or 6 of them he doesn't like the look of. This is also known as the Pokemon fanbase.
#10Hirokey123Posted 10/7/2013 9:12:53 PM
D

They are evolutions it's even in their name, the only reason are like this is because they are mostly evolutions for pokemon that can't evolve naturally which are most 3 stage pokemon as well as legendaries with some 1 stages thrown in.

Basically they are evolutions for those that can't have evolutions, and are temporary both as a balance and not to take away from the fact that his pokemon can't natural reach any higher state than they are already at.
---
I've got a quote that embodies you perfectly, but it's seventy-three posts long, has a few massive flowcharts, and lots of Xion-KMA to Me