This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So how will we find out IVs for new Pokemon?

#1WiseWarrior101Posted 10/7/2013 10:11:59 PM
One of the Pokemon I plan to use online is Greninja. It will probably be the weakest on my team, but I love it, and judging by what I've seen so far it will still be a worthy addition. However, how on earth will I find out the IVs? I've used Metalkid's site to find out IVs for older Pokemon, but since the game is brand new, what should I do? I don't want to go through the whole game not knowing only to find out there's straight 0s all across lol.

Also, if there's an easy method available, please excuse me, as this is the first Pokemon game I'll be playing competitively, so I don't know much yet. :)
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNsSfiTm5yI
My Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 0173-1411-9831
#2GoldenSWarriorsPosted 10/7/2013 10:12:38 PM
go into a level 100 wifi battle and look at their stats yo
---
GT: F3rocious Panda
http://i.minus.com/iyd6J984Oz8cy.gif
#3BikkiBikkiPosted 10/7/2013 10:13:53 PM
Don't worry about EV/IV's until Post-Game. Then you can start focusing on breeding and more info will be available.
---
PSN: RpgGamer4Lyfe
FC: 0645-6743-3966
#4toyota172Posted 10/7/2013 10:15:00 PM
Hopefully it won't be long until someone makes a new iv calc
---
not changing untill sharks win the Stanley Cup-November 11, 2008
#5FuneralCakePosted 10/7/2013 10:15:20 PM
Eventually the base stats will be figured out, either by cracking the game or by pure mathimagics. From there, the Pokemon will be added to IV calculators, and you can calculate their IVs. I'm sure there's an in-game dude who tells you the best IV(s) and the overall potential.

Also, if you use your in-game Pokemon competitively, you're doing something wrong.
---
YOU WANT SOME FUNERAL TO GO WITH THAT CAKE?
shut up before i make you shut up
#6RoyalDroneXPosted 10/7/2013 10:17:41 PM
FuneralCake posted...
Eventually the base stats will be figured out, either by cracking the game or by pure mathimagics. From there, the Pokemon will be added to IV calculators, and you can calculate their IVs. I'm sure there's an in-game dude who tells you the best IV(s) and the overall potential.

Also, if you use your in-game Pokemon competitively, you're doing something wrong.

that, but then most of Gen V's competitive battle was simply "Pokegen or GTHO"
---
3DS Friend Code: 0387-9017-6003
#7StaticnovaPosted 10/7/2013 10:19:27 PM
BikkiBikki posted...
Don't worry about EV/IV's until Post-Game. Then you can start focusing on breeding and more info will be available.

Probably this. You're gonna wanna wait for the finer details to be confirmed.
---
Toph: Why? You think I can't put up posters on my own? *glues a poster with the picture to the wall*
Toph: It's upside-down, isn't it?
#8Gameandwatch2Posted 10/7/2013 10:22:20 PM(edited)
I'm assuming you'd need to find the obligatory IV checker, then obtain a Pokemon that has a perfect IV in one or more of its stats.

Then you'd be able to estimate its base stat by getting it to level 100, then subtracting any increases from IVs and EVs.
---
Black 2 FC: 3654-8394-0937
#9FuneralCakePosted 10/7/2013 10:25:11 PM
RoyalDroneX posted...
that, but then most of Gen V's competitive battle was simply "Pokegen or GTHO"

Pokegen or something similar will exist in gen 6. It might take some time, but it will happen sooner or later.

Even if by some miracle it doesn't, people will actually have to breed their new gen 6 Pokemon or older Pokemon with new egg moves, and they will do it, and they will complain about it, but they will still do it.
---
YOU WANT SOME FUNERAL TO GO WITH THAT CAKE?
shut up before i make you shut up