This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Backwards compatibility?

#1Man-BoobsPosted 10/7/2013 10:56:11 PM
First pokemon game since gold so I have missed quite a bit, finally the temptation became too much and I find myself drawn back into the pokemon world, that being said will this game be backwards compatible with older versions in terms of trading? If so how far back and which versions will contain pokemon that cant be obtained in either X or Y?
#2ApplepiemanPosted 10/7/2013 10:56:36 PM
Not till December 27th
---
N3DS Friend Code: 1091-8034-4661
ACNL | Town: Sardomo
#3Man-Boobs(Topic Creator)Posted 10/7/2013 11:02:15 PM
Applepieman posted...
Not till December 27th

I have no idea what you mean by that, a little more info perhaps?
#4gamer22rpgPosted 10/7/2013 11:02:50 PM
Well you could theoretically transfer pokemon from as back as R/S/E and Fire Red/Leaf Green but you would need a DS Lite with a copy of Pearl/Diamond/Platinum to transfer the pokes from the GBA games to one of those games. Then you would have to trade the pokemon from P/D/Pt to a copy of Black/White or Black 2/White 2 by using two DS's. And finally you'd have to wait till the pokemon bank opens to transfer those pokemon to X and Y.
---
Non-believers are saying he was caught in place of TC. I, however, have faith. Asian man can never be defeated. ~SmidgeIsntBack
#5Man-Boobs(Topic Creator)Posted 10/7/2013 11:06:28 PM
gamer22rpg posted...
Well you could theoretically transfer pokemon from as back as R/S/E and Fire Red/Leaf Green but you would need a DS Lite with a copy of Pearl/Diamond/Platinum to transfer the pokes from the GBA games to one of those games. Then you would have to trade the pokemon from P/D/Pt to a copy of Black/White or Black 2/White 2 by using two DS's. And finally you'd have to wait till the pokemon bank opens to transfer those pokemon to X and Y.

I see, how generous is the pokemon community? Would they be willing to transfer a few rare and legendary pokemon my way through the bank?
#6gamer22rpgPosted 10/7/2013 11:09:20 PM
I'm not sure, but from my experience (very limited) they were very nice. I could possibly help you out as well but you should probably not worry about trading these old pokes until pokemon bank is open.
---
Non-believers are saying he was caught in place of TC. I, however, have faith. Asian man can never be defeated. ~SmidgeIsntBack
#7MetaunPosted 10/7/2013 11:11:33 PM
Gold as in the original Gold or the Remake?

If it's the original Gold your Pokemon ain't coming any time soon.
---
The first thing a god masters is itself.
Legion is a Badass. So is Mordin.
#8SuperRup91Posted 10/7/2013 11:12:04 PM
Man-Boobs posted...
gamer22rpg posted...

I see, how generous is the pokemon community? Would they be willing to transfer a few rare and legendary pokemon my way through the bank?

legendary pokemon you might have trouble getting...but you should have no problem obtaining any pokemon that is breedable. people over at the trade boards are usually pretty nice and willing to help you out.
#9JustCallMePosted 10/7/2013 11:13:57 PM
DO NOT worry about it. Once we're able to transfer Pokemon you can go onto the trading board and ask for people to breed Pokemon for you. What I mean by that is they will take their Pokemon to the daycare and give you the hatched Pokemon, which will be the base form in an evolution line. Therefore, you'll easily be able to get any breedable Pokemon. Most people will do this and expect nothing in return, just give them some random Pokemon you catch.
#10Man-Boobs(Topic Creator)Posted 10/7/2013 11:15:33 PM
Metaun posted...
Gold as in the original Gold or the Remake?

If it's the original Gold your Pokemon ain't coming any time soon.

The original, don't worry I don't expect to be able to transfer pokemon from the original Gameboy series and even if I could my copy of gold and my Gameboy have been lost.