This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So what is this Grass system, again?

#1ChrnoDstroyer12Posted 10/7/2013 11:16:19 PM
I haven't heard about it but some guys keep mentioning it's the reason the regional dex is so high?
#2DigiDude77Posted 10/7/2013 11:49:25 PM
ChrnoDstroyer12 posted...
I haven't heard about it but some guys keep mentioning it's the reason the regional dex is so high?

From what I hear, every single square of grass has a different makeup of pokemon on the route.

So while one square might have for instance Fletchling, Bunnelby, and Pidgey, the square next to it could have Pidgey, Caterpie and Fletchling. (Not sure if they're on the same route, just as an example.)

Not sure if it's how it is, just what I've been hearing.
---
Pokemon SoulSilver: ~*Friend Code: 1462-8550-1166 Name: Fyn*~
Pokemon White: ~*Friend Code: 0647 5616 2276 Name: Myzou*~
#3CharizardFirePosted 10/7/2013 11:50:55 PM
From what I hear, every single square of grass has a different makeup of pokemon on the route.

So while one square might have for instance Fletchling, Bunnelby, and Pidgey, the square next to it could have Pidgey, Caterpie and Fletchling. (Not sure if they're on the same route, just as an example.)

I think it's connected to the color of the flowers in that patch of grass - so instead of varying by individual patch of grass, it varies by flower color.
---
http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq303/CharizardFire6/Char-Brawl.gif
#4BossBangPosted 10/7/2013 11:55:41 PM
That sounds amazing.

So i could walk one square and see Pidgey, Caterpie, and Fletchling. And then walk another square and see Fletchling, Pidgey, and Caterpie.

And if i took ANOTHER step. I could even see Caterpie, Fletchling, and Pidgey.
---
"I can't speak for everyone else, but I'm angry because I'm not getting laid.." -stargazer64
#5LexifoxPosted 10/7/2013 11:56:42 PM
CharizardFire posted...

I think it's connected to the color of the flowers in that patch of grass - so instead of varying by individual patch of grass, it varies by flower color.

Yeah, there was an interview with people from Game Freak (I think Masuda was there), where they put emphasis on the flowers affecting encounters.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#6DigiDude77Posted 10/7/2013 11:57:35 PM(edited)
BossBang posted...
That sounds amazing.

So i could walk one square and see Pidgey, Caterpie, and Fletchling. And then walk another square and see Fletchling, Pidgey, and Caterpie.

And if i took ANOTHER step. I could even see Caterpie, Fletchling, and Pidgey.

It was an example.

One square could have 3 pokemon. Next square could have 3 completely different pokemon, 1 of the same, 2 of the same, etc.

It was an example.

To the people mentioning flowers: From the gameplay I've seen, the vast majority of routes don't have flowers in their grass.
---
Pokemon SoulSilver: ~*Friend Code: 1462-8550-1166 Name: Fyn*~
Pokemon White: ~*Friend Code: 0647 5616 2276 Name: Myzou*~
#7Gameandwatch2Posted 10/8/2013 12:12:52 AM
I'm guessing the flowers are mostly going to show up in the central part of Kalos, as it has the lowest number of areas to fit its 150 Pokemon into.
---
Black 2 FC: 3654-8394-0937