This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

After reading/seeing some story spoilers, more Kalos pokemon later? (SPOILERS!!)

#11xyzlacticPosted 10/8/2013 11:40:07 AM
Omg I can't wait for the rest of the Kalos Pokemon :)
---
Homosexual Hipster of Smash Bros and Pokemon X and Y boards. G.A.Y = Good At Yugioh. Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/xyzlactic
#12Zero97(Topic Creator)Posted 10/8/2013 12:21:40 PM
Holoogamooga_ posted...
Genericgamer667 posted...
so uh

why the hell did reviewers say this was a childish story?

Because it sure sounds like a been-there-done-that JRPG story.

not really, no.

over the top stuff happened before, but I don't remember playing a jRPG with a story like this one.

and what I posted isn't the full thing, I didn't spoil it all :p
---
3DS: 0173-1416-4513
NNID: Zero97 (no, I wasn't born in 1997)
#13VergilsGirlPosted 10/8/2013 12:28:04 PM
Holoogamooga_ posted...
so uh

As the daughter of an author and a writer myself, I'll tell you the bitter truth: there are only about 21 plotlines in existence, and 26 character archetypes. Thus, if you read/play alot of a certain genre of books/games, you start seeing the same plot over and over because it's what works. Reviewers b**** because they don't know or refuse to understand this fact.
---
Pokemon White FC: Oua yin/ 3784-0205-1998
Official head of the Kansas Assassin's branch for the ACIII boards
#14Zero97(Topic Creator)Posted 10/8/2013 12:33:30 PM
VergilsGirl posted...
Holoogamooga_ posted...
so uh

As the daughter of an author and a writer myself, I'll tell you the bitter truth: there are only about 21 plotlines in existence, and 26 character archetypes. Thus, if you read/play alot of a certain genre of books/games, you start seeing the same plot over and over because it's what works. Reviewers b**** because they don't know or refuse to understand this fact.

or they simply don't give points for story in a pokemon game?

or they are like gen 1 crowd, who still play but not for story because lol plot.
---
3DS: 0173-1416-4513
NNID: Zero97 (no, I wasn't born in 1997)
#15Holoogamooga_Posted 10/8/2013 2:07:59 PM
VergilsGirl posted...
Holoogamooga_ posted...
so uh

Oh, I know. It takes a special writer to actually incorporate strong characters that make the reader care about the twists and turns of the plot.

I personally play Pokemon for the gameplay. My least favorite part of Gen V, at least on a second playthrough, was that I couldn't skip cutscenes. I was actually impressed with the story as far as Pokemon games go (primarily the relationship between Ghetsis and N), so maybe I'll be surprised again.
#16ThunderPotatoPosted 10/8/2013 2:09:25 PM
Holoogamooga_ posted...
so uh

Even if it had been done thousands of times, it isn't childish per se.
---
Signature.