This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Can you really "catch them all" this time?

#1NUKER002Posted 10/8/2013 5:53:55 AM
I have not played a Pokemon since, ua,,, Leaf Green/Fire Red, and I remember there was always at least 1 being locked. In R/B(/G)/Y it was Mew, and you had to go to some dumb event at a mall to get it, Yellow also had a special Pikachu. For G/S/C it was, I think (and I know going to miss spell it) Celabe. I forget what it was in R/S/E/LG/FR. Now I know I will have to get both X & Y, will I be able to get them all or is there some B.S. with it?
#2toadiemanPosted 10/8/2013 5:54:51 AM
Oh yes, there will be bs.
---
Currently playing: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
#3EtoRangerPosted 10/8/2013 6:01:05 AM
It's more like "Catch a lot and trade for the rest."

Which doesn't bother me as much as it used to thanks to online trading. (I still don't like event only pokemon though especially when I was younger where most of the events were at New York and I couldn't go because I am half ways across the country from it.)
#4MM125Posted 10/8/2013 6:02:52 AM
It's gotten easier than ever. Most event-exclusive Pokémon are distributed over Wi-fi.
---
Oooh, MM, he be tryin' you, dawg. He be tryin' you. Best mind you biiiiiiiz-ness. ~KMA
*triple z snap* ~AluminumTicket
#5MephsuitPosted 10/8/2013 6:04:55 AM
More like "catch a couple dozen, spend laborious time transferring and trading for hundreds".
---
"Mephsuit, as he so often is, is right." - Token sane 261 member Saber_Tiger a.k.a. SST
#6IceCooleyPosted 10/8/2013 6:17:10 AM
Yeah there most likely will be and I hate it. I want to actually catch em all :(

So how does someone go about getting some of these bs legendaires if they were trying to collect most of the pokemon for the new pokebank? I'm talking about Celebi, That multitype guy, Keldo (that pony thing), Darkrai, and even Zorak (its so lame that the computer can use it in the battle subway too), Melotta, Genesect, and all those guys.

Will the pokebank know if you hack your way to one of the "secret" islands but catch the pokemon legitly? Cause honestly that seems like the only way to get some of the eariler legends like Deoxys, Lugia / Ho-oh (technically you can get these from the gamecube games I guess but then ho-oh isn't even under your ID), and Mew.

I just ask these questions cause i'm a bit out of the loop when it comes to the current way to get some of these newer legendaires. I know its something with connection to wi-fi, but is there like a rotaion on how they do the events or is it where if you missed one you cant get that pokemon anymore?
#7NUKER002(Topic Creator)Posted 10/8/2013 6:18:30 AM
Online trading, didn't the learn anything form Fable 2/3, and every MMO out there, someone will always find a way to cheat the trade item, in this case a pokemon, and cheat someone out of it. Can I at least find Mew in the game?
#8calvin_0Posted 10/8/2013 6:29:55 AM
NUKER002 posted...
Can I at least find Mew in the game?

this game? nope, you need pokemon ranch to get mew or event from nintendo years back.

every pokemon game have locked pokemon... so you cant really literally "catch em all"...
---
You cant compare RE5 to Dead Space, its like comparing a broken SDTV to brand new HDTV.
Supended on Gamefaqs:- 2; Other Forum:- 0
#9TheDecepticonsPosted 10/8/2013 6:31:23 AM
Gotta Catch Em All...

... than you import all the rest...
---
Proceed on your way to oblivion...
#10CalciferJenkinsPosted 10/8/2013 6:33:01 AM
calvin_0 posted...
NUKER002 posted...
Can I at least find Mew in the game?

this game? nope, you need pokemon ranch to get mew or event from nintendo years back.

every pokemon game have locked pokemon... so you cant really literally "catch em all"...

Do we know for sure that Mew isn't available in-game? I mean, I'm not expecting it, but I don't think it's been explicitly deconfirmed.
---
Thank you, gentlemen! Someday, I will repay you. Unless, of course, I can't find you or if I forget.