This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So...The last Pokemon game I played was Pokemon Yellow.

#1WaxMurdererPosted 10/8/2013 9:51:52 AM(edited)
YES! Embarrassing it may be!

I would very much like to play this one. Should I bother playing the ones that came before X and Y and after Yellow? Would I be missing much?
---
.(\__/)
(o^.^o)
#2InninXIPosted 10/8/2013 9:51:42 AM
Just play this.
---
PSN: YoninXI 3DS FC:1161-1061-8447
Forever Fat Princess
#3fry07Posted 10/8/2013 9:53:14 AM
If you played one you played em all, feel free to skip to the current version.
#4Phantom_NookPosted 10/8/2013 9:54:27 AM
fry07 posted...
If you played one you played em all, feel free to skip to the current version.

great bait.
---
1 universe, 8 planets, 204 countries, 804 islands, 7 seas, 7 billion people and it is JUST you. - PhaseSlaethe
#5Tigo73Posted 10/8/2013 9:55:16 AM
Play this one, go back if you like It.
---
The man who will steal your candles.
Official Omoikane of the SMT IV board.
#6Missingno_MastrPosted 10/8/2013 10:00:25 AM
WaxMurderer posted...
YES! Embarrassing it may be!

I would very much like to play this one. Should I bother playing the ones that came before X and Y and after Yellow? Would I be missing much?

There's a fair amount of new mechanics and stuff, but the overall system hasn't changed. You did miss some stuff, but it shouldn't be that hard for you to get used to certain things. Here's some of the more major points;

1: Moves used to be designated as physical or special depending on their type. Now it's determined for each individual move. For instance, Sludge is now a special attack, but Poison Sting remains a physical move. Likewise, Thunder Shock is still a special attack, but ThunderPunch is now physical.

2: Each Pokémon now has an Ability that can affect battles. For instance, Weezing has the Levitate Ability, which gives it an immunity to Ground moves. Arbok can have either Intimidate or Shed Skin- Intimidate lowers the foe's Attack when the Pokémon enters the battle, and Shed Skin gives Arbok a 1-in-3 chance of healing off any status conditions between turns.

3: Pokémon can now hold items which can influence the battle. For instance, if a Pokémon holds Black Sludge, it takes a little bit of damage each turn, unless it's a Poison-type holding it, in which case it restores HP instead.

4: There have been three new types introduced since you last played- Steel, Dark, and Fairy. Magnemite and Magneton are now Electric/Steel. Jigglypuff and Wigglytuff are now Normal/Fairy. Mr. Mime is now Psychic/Fairy. There are more that are now Fairy-types, those are just off the top of my head.
---
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9247960/1/404-Error
http://gottaglitchemall.smackjeeves.com/