This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

GameStop questions...

#1JazzCardPosted 10/8/2013 9:55:18 AM
I know there are some GameStop employees lurking, so my question is for you guys or people who know.

I called the store I preordered the game in to ask if they were having a midnight, and they said they didn't, but I checked on their website and another site said that a nearby store would be having a midnight. I asked if I went to that store and tried to pick up my copy, would it be possible...they said no.

So my question: Is it possible to move Pre-Order funds to another store? I want to go to the midnight at the other store.
---
SSF4 (3DS) Maining Makoto - RINDO-KAN KARATE IS THE BEST!!!!
#2p00platysPosted 10/8/2013 9:56:51 AM
I don't work there, but you could just cancel the pre order and take the money to pre order it at the other store.
---
i7-3970x Extreme 4.7GHz | EVGA GeForce GTX Titan x2 | Samsung 840 EVO 1TB SSD x2 | WD Black 4TB HDD x2 | G.Skill Trident X 24GB DDR3-2800 | ASRock X79 Extreme11
#3JazzCard(Topic Creator)Posted 10/8/2013 9:58:35 AM
p00platys posted...
I don't work there, but you could just cancel the pre order and take the money to pre order it at the other store.

I guess I'll call the midnight store and see if they can just transfer the funds to their store or something.
---
#4ShadowHunter035Posted 10/8/2013 10:00:19 AM
You can't move preorders, theres nothing in the system to let you too. Cancel at the original store and pre order at the new one. They will beg you not too because the employee who cancels gets a hit. Try and pre-order something else to help them out (if you know you're getting something else) to make up for the hit.
---
Name Lucas FC: 2105 5236 1805
#5moshpitt133Posted 10/8/2013 10:00:31 AM
JazzCard posted...
p00platys posted...

I guess I'll call the midnight store and see if they can just transfer the funds to their store or something.

You can't do pre-orders over the phone.

You have to go to the store you want the pre-order moved to, in this case the midnight store.

Have them call the store that has your pre-order and move it to the midnight store.
---
http://i.imgur.com/OKCcoeA.gif
#6JazzCard(Topic Creator)Posted 10/8/2013 10:07:32 AM
ShadowHunter035 posted...
You can't move preorders, theres nothing in the system to let you too. Cancel at the original store and pre order at the new one. They will beg you not too because the employee who cancels gets a hit. Try and pre-order something else to help them out (if you know you're getting something else) to make up for the hit.

Well, when I canceled my preorder for Ps4 and moved it to 3DS XL Pokemon X edition, they did it no problem. They just moved the funds from the PS4 into the 3DS XL. Isn't there just a way that they could update the info to say that the new store now has the pre-order set?
---
#7jayman7Posted 10/8/2013 10:09:42 AM
Note that this could be a dangerous move if the store that is doing the midnight promotion is already sold out of preorders - and they won't be able to order more at this point.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#8JazzCard(Topic Creator)Posted 10/8/2013 10:15:40 AM
jayman7 posted...
Note that this could be a dangerous move if the store that is doing the midnight promotion is already sold out of preorders - and they won't be able to order more at this point.

Well, they wouldn't accept the preorder if they wont get enough in stock, right? Just like with the Wii U stock sellout, they made an overflow pre-order list
---
#9ShadowHunter035Posted 10/8/2013 10:16:07 AM
JazzCard posted...
ShadowHunter035 posted...

Well, when I canceled my preorder for Ps4 and moved it to 3DS XL Pokemon X edition, they did it no problem. They just moved the funds from the PS4 into the 3DS XL. Isn't there just a way that they could update the info to say that the new store now has the pre-order set?

You can move funds around in the same store (all i was saying was they get a hit for a cancel which is why they would be hesitant), but there is no way for them to move pre-orders between stores. At least they aren't supposed to. It sucks, it really does. I have no idea why Gamestop has same-store preorders.
---
Name Lucas FC: 2105 5236 1805
#10t3hNubPosted 10/8/2013 10:20:32 AM
JazzCard posted...
I guess I'll call the...store

This could have prevented this entire topic that has absolutely nothing to do with this board. Either call the store(s) in question, or go in person to resolve any issues or concerns regarding that store(s). /topic
---
Don't get hit and hit it until it dies, in that order.
Kill it, carve it, wear it, repeat it.