This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

GameStop questions...

#21ShadowHunter035Posted 10/8/2013 10:42:23 AM
Let me clarify, as you may have noticed I have had horrible thought, grammar, and spelling issues. Lack of sleep sorry! haha

I understand inventory. I should have said I don't understand why Gamestop doesn't just allow direct pre-order transfers up until 24-48 hours before (some cases it could be different). We sent and shipped out inventory every day. Trust me, they could control it to a degree. There should be a better system then telling another store a gift card number.

Yes you can cancel on the employee. Don't feel bad for doing it, its just how Gamestop works. And yes as someone said above, the employee should bounce back. It is not your fault that the system works that way. All I was saying is if you do like the store and you know you're getting another game, pre-ordering something else would help them out! Basically that would entailing moving your Pokemon preorder to, lets say Legend of Zelda. Then you would go to the new store and throw down $5 on Pokemon. Pokemon is big, but if you are able to pre-order you are guaranteed a copy.

Again, if you don't want to preorder anything else, just cancel the order and reserve at the other store. It's their job.
---
Name Lucas FC: 2105 5236 1805
#22moshpitt133Posted 10/8/2013 10:46:42 AM
ShadowHunter035 posted...
Let me clarify, as you may have noticed I have had horrible thought, grammar, and spelling issues. Lack of sleep sorry! haha

I understand inventory. I should have said I don't understand why Gamestop doesn't just allow direct pre-order transfers up until 24-48 hours before (some cases it could be different). We sent and shipped out inventory every day. Trust me, they could control it to a degree. There should be a better system then telling another store a gift card number.

Yes you can cancel on the employee. Don't feel bad for doing it, its just how Gamestop works. And yes as someone said above, the employee should bounce back. It is not your fault that the system works that way. All I was saying is if you do like the store and you know you're getting another game, pre-ordering something else would help them out! Basically that would entailing moving your Pokemon preorder to, lets say Legend of Zelda. Then you would go to the new store and throw down $5 on Pokemon. Pokemon is big, but if you are able to pre-order you are guaranteed a copy.

Again, if you don't want to preorder anything else, just cancel the order and reserve at the other store. It's their job.

On paper its easy, but with how bad and easily it seems Gamestop's Point of sale system is, this is a nightmare/nuclear explosion waiting to happen if customers had the option to move their pre-orders as they please, also it will create a lot more work for Employees when most gamestops have barely enough hours as it is.
---
http://i.imgur.com/OKCcoeA.gif
#23ShadowHunter035Posted 10/8/2013 10:53:52 AM
moshpitt133 posted...

On paper its easy, but with how bad and easily it seems Gamestop's Point of sale system is, this is a nightmare/nuclear explosion waiting to happen if customers had the option to move their pre-orders as they please, also it will create a lot more work for Employees when most gamestops have barely enough hours as it is.

I see what you mean. And yeah hours were tight (and getting worse I've heard).
---
Name Lucas FC: 2105 5236 1805
#24kfcguy77Posted 10/8/2013 11:03:07 AM
boobie0025 posted...
Just an idea because I personally do not find the incentives through gamestop to warrent a pre-order. You can always go to Wal-Mart and wait at 12 for them to throw it on the shelves. Its what I plan on doing. JM2C.

This 100x. No one ever uses department stores or supermarkets to buy new games, so they're never busy.
---
Lol: ShiningRarity
#25JazzCard(Topic Creator)Posted 10/8/2013 11:12:39 AM
Hrmmmm, I think I'll just wait till morning. I may have to work late night at the movie theater and then Open early in the morning again on Saturday, and since the GameStop Is near to the theater I work at, I may just end up doing that...unlessss, I don't work on saturday at all in which, full speed ahead midnight release play all night.
---
SSF4 (3DS) Maining Makoto - RINDO-KAN KARATE IS THE BEST!!!!