This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why Mega Raichu makes perfect sense

#1MM125Posted 10/8/2013 3:06:45 PM
Because it gives the anime writers an excuse to recycle the same "Pikachu fights a Raichu, gets curbstomped, and contemplates evolving" plot they've already done twice.
---
Oooh, MM, he be tryin' you, dawg. He be tryin' you. Best mind you biiiiiiiz-ness. ~KMA
*triple z snap* ~AluminumTicket
#2AeoninPosted 10/8/2013 3:08:27 PM
But if they introduce Mega Pikachu, they can have that plot AND give a reason why Pikachu has no need to become a Raichu.
---
"A man's soul burns hotter than any cape." - xgamer1234
3DS FC: 1864-9225-4589
#3MM125(Topic Creator)Posted 10/8/2013 3:10:46 PM
Aeonin posted...
But if they introduce Mega Pikachu, they can have that plot AND give a reason why Pikachu has no need to become a Raichu.

See, I always interpreted the moral of that episode to be "you don't need to change who you are." Mega evolving kinda undermines that.
---
Oooh, MM, he be tryin' you, dawg. He be tryin' you. Best mind you biiiiiiiz-ness. ~KMA
*triple z snap* ~AluminumTicket
#47656198Posted 10/8/2013 3:11:33 PM
I swear that Pikachu must be like level 200+ to be able to keep up with fully evolved pokes.
---
PSN: Snycher - FF14:ARR-Snycherus Vankiln-Leviathan
There were, Jagos everywhere. Jagos as far as the eye could see.
#5Hirokey123Posted 10/8/2013 3:13:03 PM
MM125 posted...
Aeonin posted...

See, I always interpreted the moral of that episode to be "you don't need to change who you are." Mega evolving kinda undermines that.

I always interpreted that episode not to have an actual moral and was just designed to try and stealthily warn kids that pokemon that evolve by stones have next to no moves they gain by level up after evolution. Basically trying to teach the kids that they shouldn't be using the stones they get immediately.
---
I've got a quote that embodies you perfectly, but it's seventy-three posts long, has a few massive flowcharts, and lots of Xion-KMA to Me
#6Stefan1277Posted 10/8/2013 3:20:48 PM
The chances of Mega Pikachu in the anime are huge, but in game? maybe as an event later on or for the "Z" game that probably will end up getting a different name (see Pokemon Gray)
---
I'm a ninja. (You can't see me)
http://colorslive.com/author.php?page=1&id=38434
#7FaultBoyPosted 10/8/2013 3:21:39 PM
why makes sense? pikachu can beat ground types, destroy giant robots, subdue gods, level houses as its now. This isnt dragonball where the characters are required to, at the very least, destroy a galaxy with one finger to qualify for the next season.

and theyve already recycled the "raichu is satan" episode twice, what stops them from doing it again?
#8ZevoxPosted 10/8/2013 3:23:06 PM
7656198 posted...
I swear that Pikachu must be like level 200+ to be able to keep up with fully evolved pokes.

Didn't Pikachu get beaten by one of Cylan's brothers at the first gym? This most recent anime saga was so lame on Ash and Pika's experience.
#9Kromlech06Posted 10/8/2013 3:24:07 PM
He'll probably have less Sp atk than Light ball pika, but at least he'll be faster and be able to withstand a slight breeze.
---
3DS FC: 2277-6801-3957
#10Hirokey123Posted 10/8/2013 3:26:19 PM
Zevox posted...
7656198 posted...

Didn't Pikachu get beaten by one of Cylan's brothers at the first gym? This most recent anime saga was so lame on Ash and Pika's experience.

Pikachu got super zapped by Zekrom basically overloading him and causing him to short out so his power was reset.

Ash's intelligence has no excuse.
---
I've got a quote that embodies you perfectly, but it's seventy-three posts long, has a few massive flowcharts, and lots of Xion-KMA to Me