This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Gamefreak really, really wants you to use the exp. all

#11gatz900Posted 10/8/2013 5:14:02 PM
stirlock posted...
Given how absurdly early you get it. Not sure if I like that or not. Hopefully we have a really high level curve to justify it.

I for one like it as it just makes it easier to level unused pokemon and get their evolutions. It cuts down on boring grind time that could be used for better purposes.
#12NewMoonShadowPosted 10/9/2013 1:46:20 PM
stirlock posted...
Given how absurdly early you get it. Not sure if I like that or not. Hopefully we have a really high level curve to justify it.

Isn't there a Pokemon who evolves at Level 70? I think it's pretty clear the level curve is significantly steeper than previous games, given that Level 70 is higher than the Elite 4 Pokemon in previous games.
#13DoctorRPGPosted 10/9/2013 1:48:01 PM
TC you forget that Pokemon is liked mostly only by the little casuals.
#14MegaMettaurPosted 10/9/2013 1:48:49 PM
You always get experience share early though. Unless, in this game you're getting it before the 2nd gym.
---
(PC): Skullgirls: Squigly <3 Steam ID: MegaMettaurX
(3DS): FC: 0834-1402-9867 - Mega Man Star Force 2 Zerker x Ninja, Contact, Mega Man Zero Collection
#15highroller13Posted 10/9/2013 1:49:18 PM
This is good news. I think it opens up the door to using more pokemon in a single playthrough. You aren't turned away from it by the idea of replacing one of the pokemon you had to grind with a pokemon you would like to try out. This way you can level them way easier and switch it up from gym to gym.
---
Can a dead man (claws shoot out) kill? - Wolverine, x2 Wolverine's Revenge
#16DarcKagePosted 10/9/2013 1:50:50 PM
Given how high the levels of Pokemon gyms/elite four are here compared to previous games, it's really nice that you can level up low leveled pokes fast.
---
Currently playing: Fire Emblem, Mario and Luigi Dream Team, Tales of Xillia, FFXIV
Waiting for: Pokemon X/Y, Beyond: Two Souls, Kingdom Hearts 3
#17SirPiercePosted 10/9/2013 2:17:28 PM
highroller13 posted...
This is good news. I think it opens up the door to using more pokemon in a single playthrough. You aren't turned away from it by the idea of replacing one of the pokemon you had to grind with a pokemon you would like to try out. This way you can level them way easier and switch it up from gym to gym.

This. I plan on using about 20 Pokemon during the main game. This will help a lot.

Quote from a different thread...
"I will be using about 20 Pokemon on my first run. Lol. There are too many that I want to use. I will switch back and forth and then take my strongest most diverse six into the E4. Lol.

Top priority...
Chespin or Froakie Line
Goomy Line
Bergmite Line
Honedge Line

Other high priority...
Fletchling Line
Scatterbug Line
Espurr Line
Clauncher Line
Helioptile Line
Klefki
Carbink
Tyrunt Line
Phantump Line

Other possible ones...
Binacle Line
Noibat Line
Inkay Line
Flabebe Line

Needless to say...far more than the allotted six. Lol."

Also, without giving away too much...the second gym leader has Level 25 Pokemon. Exp. Share will help.
---
Xerneas, The DNAntler Pokemon
Currently Awaiting...SSBU, SSB3DS, Pokemon X, Pokemon Y and Watch Dogs.