This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So who else is getting both versions and going digital for one and physical for

#1NOMPosted 10/8/2013 4:47:24 PM
the other?

I don't know why I am doing this and what advantages/disadvantages it has.

But I'm doing it.
---
https://i.minus.com/j3nm0LSXaRNVE.png
#2darkeviaPosted 10/8/2013 4:51:17 PM
I pre-ordered X from Amazon and pretty sure won't receive till Tuesday (Thanksgiving weekend here in Canada), so will download Y from eshop since I have the $30 credit from Fire Emblem/SMT 4 promo. Essentially paying $10 for Y so nbd.
---
I can has moar Fire Emblem?
#3HipsterSoraPosted 10/8/2013 5:14:45 PM
I've preordered X at GameStop already, and also bought $40 in eShop cards to buy Y. No tax where I live so won't need an extra $5 card for taxes. I need to make space on my 3DS though because I have quite a few games downloaded, and like them a lot. Downloading is really great; I always have Mario Kart 7 on me to play with friends, as well as games like Fire Emblem Awakening and Mario & Luigi DREAMTEAM which I play endlessly. I would download both X and Y if I had the space for it. The only downside to this is you can't trade with yourself. With a cartridge any of your friends could help you trade with yourself.
---
Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/TheRealSlimSora
Kingdom Hearts page with 3000+ likes! Also post pokemon and anime regularly.
#4RufusMcMewPosted 10/9/2013 5:56:29 PM
Well, if you put your monsters in the bank, you could grab them from the other game on the same console. Right?
---
GT: Rufus Zombot
#5Kinger1000Posted 10/9/2013 5:57:12 PM
Getting X off the eShop 12am. I have no patience
#6ZelrigPosted 10/9/2013 5:58:43 PM
HipsterSora posted...
I've preordered X at GameStop already, and also bought $40 in eShop cards to buy Y. No tax where I live so won't need an extra $5 card for taxes. I need to make space on my 3DS though because I have quite a few games downloaded, and like them a lot. Downloading is really great; I always have Mario Kart 7 on me to play with friends, as well as games like Fire Emblem Awakening and Mario & Luigi DREAMTEAM which I play endlessly. I would download both X and Y if I had the space for it. The only downside to this is you can't trade with yourself. With a cartridge any of your friends could help you trade with yourself.

Get a new SD card if you are running low on room.
#7ShAd0wF1amEPosted 10/9/2013 5:59:14 PM
RufusMcMew posted...
Well, if you put your monsters in the bank, you could grab them from the other game on the same console. Right?

Yeah, but PokeBank doesn't open till Dec 27.
#8Firelion6593Posted 10/9/2013 5:59:57 PM
I'm doing the same thing. I like having digital copies, and I know I'll never get rid of Pokemon. But I do want to trade and not just use the bank, so I'm getting Y physically.

Also, I, too, have no patience. And live in the middle of nowhere.
---
That is not dead which can eternal lie,
And with strange aeons even death may die.
#9DedennePosted 10/9/2013 6:00:26 PM
Me. Using the SMT/FE:A promo money for Y digitally and getting X physically. Y is going to be my main game and X will be for @#&*ing around on playthroughs like doing a nuzlocke or similar rules for the sake of rules.
---
profDEADPOOL on his cell through GameRaven.
GameRaven is awesome so thanks for making it Corrupt_Power