This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

why is gamefreak doing this!?!?

#1The-DreamKillerPosted 10/8/2013 6:22:56 PM
Hello guys i sort of realized something here, almost everything we know about pokemon x/y is thanks to the few people who were able to recieve the game early and were generous enough to share the info with us, now my problem is that game is revealing very little info regarding these games, besides a few pokemon and some features they basically did not reveal anything!

they didn't reveal the full pokedex they didnt even reveal the final evos of the starters or the base stats of any of the new pokemon!!! people had to leak the final evos for us!!! does gamefreak usually do these kind of things? because last i checked before black/white came out they revealed the full pokedex rather early and the base stats of the starters! so my question is why are they holding back so much info? how do they expect to make all this money if most of us don't even know what were sticking our noses into?
#2IzanagiBlastPosted 10/8/2013 6:23:35 PM
0/10
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKNKVzVAqUk
3DS FC:3351-4244-8930
#3Mewtwo_soulPosted 10/8/2013 6:24:11 PM
Game Freak didn't just come out and reveal this stuff. Sources from Game Freak did.

Second, game companies don't do this as anything could hurt potential sales. See the concept of "Imaginary numbers"
---
Only insecure and ignorant people try to debase someone online based on their username.
#4cloud_8f8fPosted 10/8/2013 6:24:27 PM
The-DreamKiller posted...
Hello guys i sort of realized something here, almost everything we know about pokemon x/y is thanks to the few people who were able to recieve the game early and were generous enough to share the info with us, now my problem is that game is revealing very little info regarding these games, besides a few pokemon and some features they basically did not reveal anything!

they didn't reveal the full pokedex they didnt even reveal the final evos of the starters or the base stats of any of the new pokemon!!! people had to leak the final evos for us!!! does gamefreak usually do these kind of things? because last i checked before black/white came out they revealed the full pokedex rather early and the base stats of the starters! so my question is why are they holding back so much info? how do they expect to make all this money if most of us don't even know what were sticking our noses into?

It's most likely due to the fact that the Japanese do not get it first this time.
---
Currently Playing: Etrian Odyssey Untold: Millenium Girl (3DS)
Official Reshiram of the Pokemon X and Y Boards
#5gladwyn101Posted 10/8/2013 6:24:49 PM
They want you to be surprised, so there is more of a discovery factor when you play the game.
---
4e is not D&D, but WoW making a Disguise check.
Pokemon Black Friend Code: 0605-2800-9952; Trainer Name: Solace; First Pokemon (roleplaying): Snivy (Monty)
#6Malimario98Posted 10/8/2013 6:24:51 PM
IzanagiBlast posted...
0/10

---
Goomy is love, Goomy is life.
#7scorpio manPosted 10/8/2013 6:24:55 PM
Sigh this topic
---
Cast in the name of God, ye not guilty.
#8Gameorama91Posted 10/8/2013 6:26:21 PM
The-DreamKiller posted...

Because people want the game to be a new experience. The only reason we knew everything about other pokemon games is because they come out in Japan before they do here. So people who have that version put all the info online. Now with the worldwide release, we can know just as much as Japan.
---
I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.