This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

ITT: We speculate on tier-movement

#1DryGuy84Posted 10/8/2013 7:01:35 PM
Which Pokemon do you think will move tiers?

Based on what we know about the game I think we can speculate somewhat, for example with the introduction of Fairy-type Hydreigon has possibly been bumped into the UU or BL tiers.
---
Currently Playing: GTA 5, Saints Row 4, UMvC3, and Sonic Adventure 2
"What are you doing in my basement? GET OUTTA HERE!!!" -Danny Sexbang, 2013
#2Mewtwo_soulPosted 10/8/2013 7:04:04 PM
Depending on the major stat changes of Kangaskahn with Megaevo, I could potentially see UU to BL bumpage. (Depending on how hard the "double attacks" are.
---
Only insecure and ignorant people try to debase someone online based on their username.
#3bd43Posted 10/8/2013 7:06:58 PM
Any poke with a mega will probably go OU or get item banned.

Azumarril to OU.
---
Thinking is overrated. Like Pants.
#4DryGuy84(Topic Creator)Posted 10/8/2013 7:07:19 PM
Mewtwo_soul posted...
Depending on the major stat changes of Kangaskahn with Megaevo, I could potentially see UU to BL bumpage. (Depending on how hard the "double attacks" are.

Wouldn't a Mega count as a different Pokemon on the tier list, like Sheik and Zelda are in different tiers in Brawl?
---
#5DryGuy84(Topic Creator)Posted 10/8/2013 7:09:31 PM
bd43 posted...

Azumarril to OU.

Azumarrill's definitely moving up.
---
#6Mewtwo_soulPosted 10/8/2013 7:09:52 PM
DryGuy84 posted...
Mewtwo_soul posted...

Wouldn't a Mega count as a different Pokemon on the tier list, like Sheik and Zelda are in different tiers in Brawl?

No.

They may have potential better usage, but they'll still count towards the same Pokemon, as it's an item effect.

The difference between this and other forms, is you have to use the Pokemon in battle just to change form. So it'll still be used in that tier.

(What I mean is Deoxys-A is different from Deoxys-D. However, in the case of Megavo's you still have to use the origin Pokemon in said tier thus it would promote them to that tier.)
---
Only insecure and ignorant people try to debase someone online based on their username.
#7SaintparaPosted 10/8/2013 7:10:37 PM
DryGuy84 posted...
Mewtwo_soul posted...

A mega would count, rightfully, as a separate forme. Mega-Kanga would be tiered in the same way as Tornadus-T or Rotom-W. That said, new gen, tiers all break, right? When BW came out, wasn't there a bare bones ubers list for the few suspect season that was basically the super Pokemon (the guys Nintendo bans mostly) and then everything else was done over time?
---
Plothooker - www.plothook.net - Get Hook'd
"Is there a barista in here? Because this roast just got DARK!" - Andy Samberg
#8Mewtwo_soulPosted 10/8/2013 7:11:59 PM
Saintpara posted...
DryGuy84 posted...
Mewtwo_soul posted...

A mega would count, rightfully, as a separate forme. Mega-Kanga would be tiered in the same way as Tornadus-T or Rotom-W. That said, new gen, tiers all break, right? When BW came out, wasn't there a bare bones ubers list for the few suspect season that was basically the super Pokemon (the guys Nintendo bans mostly) and then everything else was done over time?

You still have to use the original Pokemon in that tier.

If you have 30% of users in OU using Mega Kangaskahn. They still have to use Kangaskahn in the first place in OU.

Unlike the other form changes.

IE: Deoxy's D does not require Deoxy's Normal to be in any specific tier.
---
#9DryGuy84(Topic Creator)Posted 10/8/2013 7:14:45 PM
Mewtwo_soul posted...
Saintpara posted...
DryGuy84 posted...
Mewtwo_soul posted...

You still have to use the original Pokemon in that tier.

If you have 30% of users in OU using Mega Kangaskahn. They still have to use Kangaskahn in the first place in OU.

Unlike the other form changes.

IE: Deoxy's D does not require Deoxy's Normal to be in any specific tier.

It makes sense either way tbh, I'm curious as to how Smogon will treat Megas.
---
#10pokemonzeroPosted 10/8/2013 7:18:49 PM
bd43 posted...

Azumarill to OU.

They are more of forms like the Genies different forms were in different tiers at one point and Rotom's Forms are in different tiers
Also LOL on thinking a 100 attack(Due to it's ability) 50 speed and 80 defenses pokemon will be OU because it is now part Fairy
Azumarill
Hp-100
Attack-50(100 after hugh power)
Defense-80
Special Attack-50
Special Defense-80
Speed- 50
410(460 after Huge Power)