This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

ITT: We speculate on tier-movement

#61bd43Posted 10/8/2013 7:41:17 PM
Bayonet300 posted...
Unless it's mega variation, assuming it actually exists, adds a massive amount of speed or changes it's dark typing to something more applicable (it be great if it were a ghost), I think Tyranitar may get bumped down to BL. Sand support isn't really amazing and it already has trouble tanking hits with all the water and fighting types skulking around, and when the new fairy type comes into play it's just going to get worse for dark types. The most common Tyranitar this gen is packing a scarf just so it doesn't have to suffer a hit and can actually take advantage of it's stabb pursuit.

I'm probably just being pessimistic considering Tyranitar's usefulness has taken a dive since RSE. Still, unless they get some other sandstorm benefits or a new and powerful move, I don't think gen 6 is going to be any more kind to rock types as this gen is.

It does exist. As does Aggron.
---
Thinking is overrated. Like Pants.
#62CaitSith3394Posted 10/8/2013 7:47:50 PM
pokemonzero posted...
CaitSith3394 posted...
pokemonzero posted...
Amon_Ishtar posted...
You guys who say Azumarill won't hit OU badly underestimate 100/80/80 defensive stats. Those are not bad by any stretch of the imagination, especially on a 'mon that has only 3 weaknesses, along with 1 immunity and 6 resistances (including a double resistance to Fire). Even if it doesn't get physical Fairy STAB, Dragon immunity + Huge Power + not a frail 'mon = OU material.

Blissey will drop to UU unless she becomes part-Fairy, Hydreigon to UU (both Blissey and Hydreigon are already UU according to PO IIRC), Scrafty to RU. Gardevoir won't make OU without her Mega Stone, and even then might have problems, but she should hit UU. Mawile will also hit at least UU due to its Mega Stone. And of course Charizard is going to see a bit of OU play courtesy of Mega Y forme, but I don't see it rising above BL.

You think Azumarill will be OU with the likes of Salamence, Latios, Latias, Metagross, Dragonite, Jolteon, Kyurem-B, Heatran, Infernape, and many More
More than half of those get strong Electric Moves

IIRC, Azumarill can OHKO Jolteon in the rain with Banded Aqua Jet.
It can most likely OHKO Infernape even without Rain. Heatran doesn't fare much better against a Banded Waterfall.
Metagross isn't the Pokemon he once was and will almost definitely drop to UU now that he's weak to Dark and Ghost. None of those Dragons like to get Ice Punched, and now Azumarill is immune to their STAB and can hit them hard with Fairy STAB.
Azumarill is a really good Pokemon, and I'm pretty sure it will end up BL at least.

Dragonite and other Dragons resist Azumarill's Aqua Jet and Dragonite has it's Hidden Ability Plus DRAGONS DON'T HAVE TO USE DRAGON ATTACKS and they all outrun Azumarill and hit hard with their Coverage Moves
Plus Heatran can outrun Azumarill and KO it in sun with Solar Bean(We can both use the weather card)
Salamence cuts it's attack back down
Focus Scarfed Jolteon will survive and Ko with it's STAB Electric Moves
The only Viable Azumarill is in the rain. Cut off the rain and it is pathetic in Ou.

Azumarill has pretty great bulk even uninvested 100/80/80, and you most likely WILL invest in HP which makes it bulkier. More often than not, their coverage moves will not OHKO Azumarill, and in the case of things 4x weak to Ice, they probably WILL get OHKOd by Ice Punch unless it's Dragonite with Multiscale intact. We don't know what kinds of Fairy moves Azumarill will get, and for all we know it can get an awesome Physical STAB move to work with which would also wreck Dragons.
Alright, go ahead and make use of Sun. I have 5 other Pokemon on my team and at least one of them is bound to have an answer for Heatran.
Anyone who leaves an Azumarill in against a full HP Jolteon is asking to be killed. If I get entry hazards up, your sash is broken. If not, I'll probably switch out.

I'm not trying to argue that Azumarill is infallible, I'm just saying that with these new changes, the only place it can go is up. Since it is already UU, going up means BL or OU.
And if you think Azumarill isn't good in OU in the current metagame, then you're mistaken. It's still a pretty solid Pokemon.
---
Goomy.
#63pokemonzeroPosted 10/8/2013 8:13:44 PM
CaitSith3394 posted...
pokemonzero posted...
CaitSith3394 posted...
pokemonzero posted...
Amon_Ishtar posted...
You guys who say Azumarill won't hit OU badly underestimate 100/80/80 defensive stats. Those are not bad by any stretch of the imagination, especially on a 'mon that has only 3 weaknesses, along with 1 immunity and 6 resistances (including a double resistance to Fire). Even if it doesn't get physical Fairy STAB, Dragon immunity + Huge Power + not a frail 'mon = OU material.

Blissey will drop to UU unless she becomes part-Fairy, Hydreigon to UU (both Blissey and Hydreigon are already UU according to PO IIRC), Scrafty to RU. Gardevoir won't make OU without her Mega Stone, and even then might have problems, but she should hit UU. Mawile will also hit at least UU due to its Mega Stone. And of course Charizard is going to see a bit of OU play courtesy of Mega Y forme, but I don't see it rising above BL.

You think Azumarill will be OU with the likes of Salamence, Latios, Latias, Metagross, Dragonite, Jolteon, Kyurem-B, Heatran, Infernape, and many More
More than half of those get strong Electric Moves

IIRC, Azumarill can OHKO Jolteon in the rain with Banded Aqua Jet.
It can most likely OHKO Infernape even without Rain. Heatran doesn't fare much better against a Banded Waterfall.
Metagross isn't the Pokemon he once was and will almost definitely drop to UU now that he's weak to Dark and Ghost. None of those Dragons like to get Ice Punched, and now Azumarill is immune to their STAB and can hit them hard with Fairy STAB.
Azumarill is a really good Pokemon, and I'm pretty sure it will end up BL at least.

Dragonite and other Dragons resist Azumarill's Aqua Jet and Dragonite has it's Hidden Ability Plus DRAGONS DON'T HAVE TO USE DRAGON ATTACKS and they all outrun Azumarill and hit hard with their Coverage Moves
Plus Heatran can outrun Azumarill and KO it in sun with Solar Bean(We can both use the weather card)
Salamence cuts it's attack back down
Focus Scarfed Jolteon will survive and Ko with it's STAB Electric Moves
The only Viable Azumarill is in the rain. Cut off the rain and it is pathetic in Ou.

Azumarill has pretty great bulk even uninvested 100/80/80, and you most likely WILL invest in HP which makes it bulkier. More often than not, their coverage moves will not OHKO Azumarill, and in the case of things 4x weak to Ice, they probably WILL get OHKOd by Ice Punch unless it's Dragonite with Multiscale intact. We don't know what kinds of Fairy moves Azumarill will get, and for all we know it can get an awesome Physical STAB move to work with which would also wreck Dragons.
Alright, go ahead and make use of Sun. I have 5 other Pokemon on my team and at least one of them is bound to have an answer for Heatran.
Anyone who leaves an Azumarill in against a full HP Jolteon is asking to be killed. If I get entry hazards up, your sash is broken. If not, I'll probably switch out.

I'm not trying to argue that Azumarill is infallible, I'm just saying that with these new changes, the only place it can go is up. Since it is already UU, going up means BL or OU.
And if you think Azumarill isn't good in OU in the current metagame, then you're mistaken. It's still a pretty solid Pokemon.

My point is that it's low speed would hurt it more in a tier with bulkier and or Stronger pokemon than it is used to.
Then Azumarill will have to worry about Staraptor and Salamence. The best counter to Physical powerhouses. Also it would have Jellicent to worry about.
Also Kyurem-B will wreak it

Now Togekiss is Sure Fire OU material. (Special Attacker with better speed)

I don't think Azumarill go above UU but I could be wrong