This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Should I buy a 3DS XL just for this game? (long post)

#11flkidPosted 10/8/2013 9:34:29 PM
HipsterSora posted...
flkid posted...
I didnt bother to read all that but I would say yes. Pokemon is an awesome series and even if this game disappoints you there are LOADS of other great games for the 3DS. FA awakeneing,MH3U,Legend of zelda a link between worlds, mario and luigi dream team and many many others that are well worth getting a 3DS for.

FE Awakening you mean. Fire Emblem: Awakening, which is more commonly abbreviated FE:A. FE:A is legitimatley my favorite game ever. It even topped any game in my favorite series, Kingdom Hearts. Monster Hunter 3 has some amazing graphics, and I hear its fun to play from both people I know and those giving reviews. LoZ OoT 3D was a good remake of the classic 64 game, and had nice 3D effects. LoZ A Link Between Worlds isn't out yet, but I bet it'll be good. Dream Team I am in the middle of playing and its good.

Lol yea typo. Agreed its a great game. I actually just finished it and it is easily my favorite Fire Emblem game. I have Monster hunter 3 too unopened and ready to play but im waiting for pokemon >.>. I probably should start playing it though XD.
---
"Hey would you say I became a hero"-Zack Fair
#12GeneralCortezPosted 10/8/2013 9:38:14 PM
Do it. 3DS XL is awesome. New Pokemon is looking awesome

And yeah, the 2DS is a simplified 3DS for little kids. No "breakable parts"(meaning its rather large), no 3D(3D breaks baby's eyes or something)

Just suck up the cost and get the 3DS XL

Or the original 3DS if youre that hard up for money. But in that case, I'd suggest saving up for the XL
---
"Er kann mich am Arsche lecken!"-Goetz von Berlichingen
[Papal Crusaders]
#13gatz900Posted 10/8/2013 9:42:37 PM
honestly you should. The 3ds (xl) is an amazing system with some of my favorite games in the past few years. Pokemon x/y is going to be revolutionary imo as well.
---
Changing your inner world changes your outer world.
Pokemon bw2+xy, SMTIV FC: 1821-9521-7577
#14Rawrgodzilla191Posted 10/8/2013 9:58:05 PM
Futureshop.ca having a sale on their 3ds consoles.
I also have a 3ds and now 3dsxl blue pokemon x and y (if money not the issue go with the x and y ver 3ds).
#15waddictPosted 10/8/2013 9:59:29 PM
There are only 3 answers to this question.

Yes.
Hell yes.
HELL ****ING YES!
---
Chief X Whitney is my OTP!
3DS FC : 2552 - 0485 - 5072, Kaoru from Gencarvo!
#16Ike2100Posted 10/8/2013 10:00:58 PM
Sagen posted...
Wow guys thanks for the responses, sorry for the long post I just had to put it all in there. So I am still on the fence, but I am leaning more and more towards getting it. I know that you guys are saying I would love the other games on the 3DS and you might be right, but I am more the type to play 1 or 2 games VERY intensely rather than play a lot of games casually. So as long as I can get at least 100 hours or so out of this Pokemon game then that is more than worth it in my opinion. I just want to be able to keep playing it and not get bored.

I am just now learning about the 2DS, and it seems that it is indeed the cheaper option. But it seems just that, cheaper. It seems counterproductive since the a huge sellpoint with this game is the 3D artowrk, right? And I figure if I'm going to get one, might as well get the best with the best battery life and all. I just want to make sure Pokemon will offer me a full and fun experience that will last. I love the series, I just want to make sure this generation won't come up short.

Maybe I will wait until the reviews come out before I buy it. At least the official IGN or Gamespot ones. Just to make sure it is up to par? Or do you guys think just go for it and get it all at midnight release day?

I agree with what others have been saying. I also think that you will enjoy the game simply because of the new features they have to offer one of the best features in my opinion is the PSS (Or Player Search System) the PSS allows you to battle and trade with people all over the world at any point and time and also allows you to interact with them. Pokemon Amie is another great feature that is very interesting and very unique in its own right allowing us to interact with our Pokemon on a personal level for the first time in the series. Also IGN has a video Review of Pokemon X and Y already that I think you should watch. I'll try to find it and post it here if I find it
---
Unova Pokedex: Completed! National Pokedex: Completed! Founder of Dream World Paradise W2 FC: 1808 4480 0264
#17Ike2100Posted 10/8/2013 10:02:41 PM
Here is the link to that IGN Review of Pokemon X and Y

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/10/04/pokemon-x-and-y-review
---
Unova Pokedex: Completed! National Pokedex: Completed! Founder of Dream World Paradise W2 FC: 1808 4480 0264
#183PiesAndAForkPosted 10/8/2013 10:08:51 PM(edited)
Rawrgodzilla191 posted...
Futureshop.ca having a sale on their 3ds consoles.
I also have a 3ds and now 3dsxl blue pokemon x and y (if money not the issue go with the x and y ver 3ds).

It's only the pink one that's on sale though:(
---
"I could care less" means you care right now.
The proper phrase is "I couldn't care less."
#19Sagen(Topic Creator)Posted 10/8/2013 10:57:35 PM
I just checked out the IGN review and it looks really good! I assume there is an active and vibrant online community who play online constantly? Is there a website I should go to to find this? Reddit? Here at GameFAQs? Somewhere else? I want to be able to make a ton of friends that I can battle online and trade Pokemon with. Where is the online Pokemon community centralized at? Anyone know?
---
"One who knows nothing, can understand nothing." -Ansem. KH