This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Fairy type: good or bad?

#11Mewtwo_soulPosted 10/8/2013 7:18:21 PM
slaterastle posted...
Mewtwo_soul posted...
slaterastle posted...
Didn't Draco meteor lower a stat or something? But I completely agree with the bug type need lameness. It's like it could have resisted ground, those moves are really good.

Switching removes the stat lowering effect. So you could bring the Dragon back in later and just pelt something in the face again, or make people cry as even with the lower their Pokemon take massive damage.

I did not know that, dang that's cra cra.

One thing I found weird is I looked at clefairy, and it wasn't fairy type, idk if I saw something wrong but it said it was just normal on the pokemon database I believe, I thought that was weird. It's weird how the fairy type seems o be anything that looks like a girl for some reason, I mean idk that's just what I see that is consistent. I don't really know how else to tell by looking at it.

I haven't checked out all the Pokemon changed to Fairy type, but I would assume it's from a previous gen on Clefairy. I could be wrong though.

On Draco Meteor, yeah, it kills things. Just like the name implies, it's the Meteor of "ye olde RPGs" in Pokemon form.

Even weakned it'll kill things and if they baton pass speed boosts with attack boosts with Draco Meteor... GG.
---
Only insecure and ignorant people try to debase someone online based on their username.
#12ReasonisTreasonPosted 10/8/2013 7:19:22 PM
It's a good thing, but I wish Gamefreak had went further with it. Being weak to only two types, and those types will be used ONLY to hit fairy, btw, is pretty lame. Should be weak to psychic or grass as well IMO. Both could have used the resist. Hell, ice could really use the resist, but whatever.

Glad dragons and fighting are nerfed, and steel as well. Just looks like fairy may become a very, very powerful type if the right Pokemon and moves come out.
---
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lnfi61OXSX1qfhljfo1_500.jpg
#13KillerMechanoidPosted 10/8/2013 7:22:10 PM
It does nerf dragons but it doesn't buff the guys who need buffing (Bug, Grass, ICE)

Everyone get your metallic radioactive waste cans ready...
#14slaterastle(Topic Creator)Posted 10/8/2013 7:22:52 PM
themagicpainman posted...
Good: Stops Dragons, finally. And gives Poison some more love.
Bad: Gives Sableye a weakness... But more importantly, didn't address Water at all, which is still a broken type.

I think salebeye needed a weakness because someone could hack wonder guard on there and then boom the fun ends.

If fairy was super effective on water that would be awesome. I wish I thought of that idea.
---
Ok whoever reported my topic we had a good conversation going on so screw you. A lot of people wrote very good things and now our work is dead. Smooth stuff man
#15Iced_ShadowsPosted 10/8/2013 7:24:40 PM
I kind of wish Fairy were WEAK to Bug. Sure, that'd hurt Fairy's viability, but Dragon immunity still means it'll be a great typing and a benefit to most Pokemon that get it for sure.
---
Shadow Temple...
Here is gathered Hyrule's bloody history of greed and hatred... - Shadow Temple Walls
#16Mewtwo_soulPosted 10/8/2013 7:25:07 PM
I don't know why people think Dragons are just going to be crap now, even without Outrage/DM spam, Dragons are going to still kill things with ease with neutral attacks.

That's the thing about Dragon type, they don't only generally get good movepools, but stats as well.
---
Only insecure and ignorant people try to debase someone online based on their username.
#17CaitSith3394Posted 10/8/2013 7:27:18 PM
ReasonisTreason posted...
It's a good thing, but I wish Gamefreak had went further with it. Being weak to only two types, and those types will be used ONLY to hit fairy, btw, is pretty lame. Should be weak to psychic or grass as well IMO. Both could have used the resist. Hell, ice could really use the resist, but whatever.

Glad dragons and fighting are nerfed, and steel as well. Just looks like fairy may become a very, very powerful type if the right Pokemon and moves come out.

Poison types are often used to absorb Toxic Spikes as well. Sludge Bomb is and always has been a usable STAB attack from the likes of Venusaur and Gengar since the Physical/Special split.

Scizor Bullet Punches everything, so that's untrue that Steel will only be used to hit Fairies.
---
Goomy.
#18slaterastle(Topic Creator)Posted 10/8/2013 7:29:02 PM
ReasonisTreason posted...

Fairy weak on ice would have been great too. But I think the best idea all day has been to have grass super effective on fairy. That would make grass moves amazing and those moves suck right now so yeah I really wish they did that.
---
Ok whoever reported my topic we had a good conversation going on so screw you. A lot of people wrote very good things and now our work is dead. Smooth stuff man
#19Sebas27Posted 10/8/2013 7:33:00 PM
Good: After the whole Cutesy vs Unseelie arguements, this type could bring alot of potential into new Pokemon concepts and design

Bad: It's not bringin any potential to new concepts and design...yet. Let's not forget that this is the type's debut into the series. Plus Fairies like Xerneas, Mawile, Klefki(based off the mischevious traits of Fey), Carbink(please give this thing an evo next Gen), and Granbull are a step in the right direction
---
"Strike me again, and I shall bury that rod in your spark"-Predaking to Starscream
#20lunarXskiesPosted 10/8/2013 7:38:46 PM
How does Fairy stop Draco Meteor spam?

Attack doesn't activate on immunities right? So it wouldn't lose the -2SPA and can still attack (unless I'm wrong and I guess you'll still lose some momentum even if I'm right)
---
PSN: lunskie