This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

End of Smogon?

#1Buster-BladerPosted 10/9/2013 7:48:31 AM
With the addition of Mega Stones, how will Smogon create a viable OU tier? Last generation was hectic with a lot of disagreement on how to deal with the weather in that metagame. Now with the 6th generation upon us with Mega pokemon having over 600+ BST, how will Smogon handle this? Will they ban Mega Stones all together? If so, then will the masses follow Smogon's rules for Wi-Fi battling without Mega Stones?

If Mega Stones get banned then I am personally done with Smogon's battling rules. It was shaky enough last generation and now this time I think I will just follow Nintendo's VGC rules. I predict that Smogon will lose even more credibility this upcoming generation than the last one.
---
Pokemon HeartGold FC: 5199-4676-1518
#2HejiruPosted 10/9/2013 7:49:42 AM
Isn't Lati@s only banned when it's holding Soul Dew? They could do the same thing here. Lucario is OU unless it's holding a Mega Stone, in which case it's Ubers.
---
"The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction has to make sense." -Tom Clancy
#3SoulstrikesPosted 10/9/2013 7:50:17 AM
Smogon is just a group of people that battle pokemon using a commonly accepted ruleset. You don't really present any good points as to why they might suddenly stop using their website.
---
BW2 FC: 1593 3298 3798
#4Hierarchy225Posted 10/9/2013 7:50:38 AM
End of smogon?

Only in your dreams.
---
Official Goodra of the Pokemon X Board // http://i.imgur.com/ACW323R.png
3DS Friend Code 1993-7813-6870
#5Mewtwo_soulPosted 10/9/2013 7:50:55 AM
Hejiru posted...
Isn't Lati@s only banned when it's holding Soul Dew? They could do the same thing here. Lucario is OU unless it's holding a Mega Stone, in which case it's Ubers.

This guy gets it. (Although it's only hypothetical it's far more logical)

Certain Pokemon will jump tiers with Megastones while others will end up in Ubers/etc. If they aren't already in Ubers.
---
Only insecure and ignorant people try to debase someone online based on their username.
#6InhaledCornPosted 10/9/2013 7:51:53 AM
As it begins, they'll let everything in save the super Legends. They'll do extensive testing with the Mega Evolutions and see if they totally bust everything or if they're balanced out by the fact you can only have one.

They may also determine some Megas aren't as broken as others and simply ban those to Uber.

We don't know what will happen until we actually get there.
---
3DS FC: 2578-3118-6645 PSN: PowahBoxers
I need to play Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door again...
#7Vito219Posted 10/9/2013 7:52:26 AM
I see the going to Uber or being banned all together, Megas for the most part are ridiculous minus Pokemon like Absol or Mawhile. There was no need to make strong pokemon even stronger just because of lol fanservice...their criteria seems kind of backwards
---
Black: 0003 2733 6504
SS: 1677 7369 7003
#8MogKnightAzurePosted 10/9/2013 7:52:32 AM
Mega Evolutions are completely different pokemon and will be treated as such. It's just that simple.
#9QuantumpencilPosted 10/9/2013 7:52:58 AM
Smogon has not lost any credibility. They're site is the premier source for pretty much the entire competitive pokemon world, and you're fooling yourself if you think otherwise.

Megaevolutions present no challenge to smogon at all, they've banned items before. They'll simply suspect test the megas and then go from there.
---
"Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life." ~Berthold Auerbach
*Harvard Class of 2012 *
#10GastroidPosted 10/9/2013 7:53:44 AM
All Mega Evolutions do is give more for the community to do. Playtesting is what they love to do, and what they do best.
---
Omnoid
Fourth Generation Nanite-based Android Series