This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Question about Mega Charizard X's mega stone

#1Thunder_man6Posted 10/9/2013 10:37:14 AM
*I have stayed completely spoiler free outside of what GameFreak has released, please only give as little information as possible to answer the question*

Has it been confirmed if you can get Charizard X's mega stone else where than from the professor? Or are you stuck picking Charmander just to get the stone? I have no problems with Charmander, but I don't want to necessarily be forced into taking it just to acquire the stone. Any help would be great!
---
Et Ducit Mundum Per Luce
psn: himynameis*Hat (remove the *)
#2JustwanttolookPosted 10/9/2013 10:38:52 AM
You get the stone with your appropriate Starter. So choosing Charmander in X will also give you Charizardnite X
---
Steel Type alone is responsible for the slow Death of the Pokemon Franchise.
Gym Leader Wulfric is mai Husbando!
#3hardknock55Posted 10/9/2013 10:41:44 AM
I heard if you pick the pokemon it's strong against you could buy the stone later on, so say you pick bulbasaur later you can buy charizard x mega stone for 500-2000 poke money i believe.
---
PSN: hardknock55
3DS FC:4355-9696-1275
#4drlolimasterPosted 10/9/2013 10:42:46 AM
bump to confirm buying second stone
#5Thunder_man6(Topic Creator)Posted 10/9/2013 10:44:45 AM
I plan on getting both X and Y, however I'm getting Y much later so I'm just trying to figure out if I need to pick Charmander or not. It might be the most logical thing then just to be safe if there isn't 100% confirmation on it.
---
Et Ducit Mundum Per Luce
#6Thunder_man6(Topic Creator)Posted 10/9/2013 10:47:31 AM
drlolimaster posted...

Wait, so you can buy the starters mega stones?

I feel like you /should/ be able to buy them later on as limiting them to that one event would be a terrible idea but you never know.
---
Et Ducit Mundum Per Luce
#7JustwanttolookPosted 10/9/2013 10:47:34 AM
Thunder_man6 posted...
I plan on getting both X and Y, however I'm getting Y much later so I'm just trying to figure out if I need to pick Charmander or not. It might be the most logical thing then just to be safe if there isn't 100% confirmation on it.

well, charmander has two stones you know? If you want Charizard X you may pick Charmander in X, because in Y you would get Charizard Y.
Alternatively you can try to trade for the stones online.
---
Steel Type alone is responsible for the slow Death of the Pokemon Franchise.
Gym Leader Wulfric is mai Husbando!
#8drlolimasterPosted 10/9/2013 10:48:50 AM
Thunder_man6 posted...
drlolimaster posted...

Wait, so you can buy the starters mega stones?

I feel like you /should/ be able to buy them later on as limiting them to that one event would be a terrible idea but you never know.

as in i want to know if its confirmed. not that im confirming it
#9Thunder_man6(Topic Creator)Posted 10/9/2013 10:51:51 AM
@Justwanttolook: I am aware of that. X will be my main game and Y will be my replay and challenge run type game. I was planning on doing a starter dump once I get Y over Christmas break so having two forms isn't the problem. With Bulbasaur and Squirtle, you don't have to worry which game you get the starter in. I just want to confirm that if I do not pick Charmander in my main game (X) that I would still be able to get the mega stone for Charmander X later in the game so I don't have to look around for trading it.

@Drlolimaster: Ah, I see. Well let's hope we get an answer.
---
Et Ducit Mundum Per Luce
#10Thunder_man6(Topic Creator)Posted 10/9/2013 11:09:31 AM
One last bump.
---
Et Ducit Mundum Per Luce