This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Charizard and Greninjas role for my Team?

#1NitharadPosted 10/9/2013 3:48:55 PM
Some hours ago I asked for advice on my team, got lots of good suggestions, reworked it a bit and now it's as follows:

1. Greninja (Mixed? Physical? Special?)
2. Aegislash (physical)
3. Tyrantrum (physical)
4. Gadevoir (special)
5. Heliolisk (special)
6. Charizard (Get X and go mixed? Get Y and go Special?)

Heliolisk was suggested to me by many people and they said I could use more special attackers, also I needed a flyer so I threw out Blaziken and put in Charizard who fits the role perfectly.
But now I'm really not sure on what megaform I shall use for Charizard and it does make quite a difference after all.

Charizard itself is more on the special-attack side, so putting EVs into Sp.A. would benefit Charizard a lot, with or without going mega. (Like when I decide to use Mega Gardevoir instead because of what I'm up against). This would also greatly benefit Mega Charizard Y who gets even more Sp.A.
For Mega Charizard X on the other hand you would want to put EVs into its attack stat propably since Chari X relies on physical attacks, but that would put him at a slight disadvantage in normal form.
On the other hand I could raise Charizard to be a mixed attacker and use the X form to boost that.

As for special abilities, the Y form brings Drought and ignoring Charizard itself I don't see any of my other mons getting any benefit from that, in fact it could even put me at a disadvantage by boosting my enemy!
The ability of the X form is much less likely to backfire, and swapping out the Flying type for a Dragon type would make Charizard a Fire/Flying/Dragon in theory brining in some versatility, even though I already have a Dragon.

When I put my team into categories I have two physical attackers (Aegislash and Tyrantrum), two special attackers (Gardevoir and Heliolisk) and well... two more or less undecided ones.
With Charizard I'm just not sure if I should rise him as another dedicated special attacker, or get a mixed attacker.
Same is true for Greninja really, he seems to be leaning towards the special side but is rumored to get Dragon Dance, so I could make him another dedicated physical attacker (getting a balance of 3:3) or making him a mixed attacker as well. (getting a 2:2:2 ratio).

What would you suggest?
#2shadowstarz77Posted 10/9/2013 3:50:40 PM
Our teams are very similar lol! I want to know what to do with mine too!
---
#TeamFroakie
#3Pram_the_OraclePosted 10/9/2013 3:53:52 PM
That's... almost exactly my team.

Hell, the only difference is that as soon as I get Goomy, I'm ditching Tyrantrum.

Any news on when we can get Gardevoirite yet?
---
Natwaf congratulates raytan, Winner of the CB IX Guru contest!
And not an anthropomorphic personification
#4shadowstarz77Posted 10/9/2013 3:55:33 PM
Pram_the_Oracle posted...
That's... almost exactly my team.

Hell, the only difference is that as soon as I get Goomy, I'm ditching Tyrantrum.

Any news on when we can get Gardevoirite yet?

OMG... That makes our team identical lol! What is this nonsense! I guess these pokemon are pretty popular lol!
---
#TeamFroakie
#5Nitharad(Topic Creator)Posted 10/9/2013 4:01:57 PM
Guess they just stand out as obvious great choices for many reasons.

So what are your thoughts on making Greninja/Charizard into physical/special attackers or mixed ones?
#6Pram_the_OraclePosted 10/9/2013 4:05:02 PM
Well since I'm getting Y, I'm dedicating Char to Special.

Undecided on Greninja, but leaning special as well.
---
#7Hanon623Posted 10/9/2013 4:05:16 PM
Personally feel that Greninja should always be paired with either Skrelps evo or talonflame to counter your rivals grass fighting type, Charizard X fulfills neither of those roles but is faster and can likely ko with a flamethrower (flare blitz works but theres spikey shield) on the otherhand though your team doesn't really benefit from drought especially not your starter, go for X and mix.
#8shadowstarz77Posted 10/9/2013 4:07:37 PM
Nitharad posted...
Guess they just stand out as obvious great choices for many reasons.

So what are your thoughts on making Greninja/Charizard into physical/special attackers or mixed ones?

Depends really. If Greninja gets Dragon Dance and a good physical movepool, go with a physical attacking one. I say that Charizard X would be the better choice because Drought is not good if it hinders more than it benefits you. Physical Charizard X would be good too. Just depends on the moves they can use.
---
#TeamFroakie
#9Nitharad(Topic Creator)Posted 10/9/2013 4:10:11 PM
Hanon623 posted...
Personally feel that Greninja should always be paired with either Skrelps evo or talonflame to counter your rivals grass fighting type, Charizard X fulfills neither of those roles but is faster and can likely ko with a flamethrower (flare blitz works but theres spikey shield) on the otherhand though your team doesn't really benefit from drought especially not your starter, go for X and mix.

Hm yeah that's a point for X I guess.

And I haven't decided on a version at all yet because so far nothing has swayed me one way or the other.
#10Pram_the_OraclePosted 10/9/2013 4:10:12 PM
And I'm getting Charizard because I need somebody to fly.
---