This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So gamefreak nerf Blizzard but not steath rock?

#1fissionprimerPosted 10/10/2013 4:07:36 PM
The **** is wrong with them!
---
Sorry for my grammar, I'm typing on Ipad.
#2tehponycornPosted 10/10/2013 4:07:58 PM
fissionprimer posted...
The **** is wrong with them!

The nerfed Stealth Rock.
---
Doing a Pokemon White 2 Nuzlocke. 12 Deaths before the 6th Gym Badge. I'm screwed.
TO ADVENTURE! *Flies off on Unicorn-Pegasus*
#3ThunderPotatoPosted 10/10/2013 4:08:01 PM
Never cared because rapid spin.
---
Signature.
#4Xenesis XenonPosted 10/10/2013 4:08:18 PM
The official format for tournament is doubles.

No one uses Stealth Rock in doubles.
---
www.warsworldnews.com - Wars World News - The most chilled AW community on the web.
#5Tasty_SoupPosted 10/10/2013 4:11:04 PM
Xenesis Xenon posted...

Yeah why is this? I'm seriously asking why the official format wouldn't just be singles 6v6
---
3DS FC - 4828-4534-3725
#6Xenesis XenonPosted 10/10/2013 4:13:08 PM
Tasty_Soup posted...
Xenesis Xenon posted...

Yeah why is this? I'm seriously asking why the official format wouldn't just be singles 6v6

Time, Pokemon, Move and Item variety.

Doubles matches are fast and furious. It's pretty rare that a doubles match lasts more than 15 turns, all those one use gimmicky items and moves have a lot more worth, etc etc.
---
www.warsworldnews.com - Wars World News - The most chilled AW community on the web.
#7Tasty_SoupPosted 10/10/2013 4:17:21 PM
Xenesis Xenon posted...
Tasty_Soup posted...
Xenesis Xenon posted...

Time, Pokemon, Move and Item variety.

Doubles matches are fast and furious. It's pretty rare that a doubles match lasts more than 15 turns, all those one use gimmicky items and moves have a lot more worth, etc etc.

I guess because I never battle doubles competitively, I just... don't get it. I mean, the number of pokemon you have to choose from don't change, and I can't imagine that the strategies in doubles 4v4 are better. There are some really fun singles strategies (like baton pass) that I can't see working in doubles, and unless I'm mistaken (I obviously don't know much about doubles-only moves) any strategy that can be done in doubles can be done in singles.
---
3DS FC - 4828-4534-3725
#8fissionprimer(Topic Creator)Posted 10/10/2013 4:21:53 PM
ThunderPotato posted...
Never cared because rapid spin.

So i have to use a very weak move to get rid of them? No thanks.
---
Sorry for my grammar, I'm typing on Ipad.
#9cloudriveraPosted 10/10/2013 4:23:45 PM
Then why don't they just make the games 2 on 2 like Coliseum?
---
currently playing: Grand Theft Auto V, Borderlands 2, Tales of Xillia
#10Xenesis XenonPosted 10/10/2013 4:33:25 PM
Tasty_Soup posted...
I guess because I never battle doubles competitively, I just... don't get it. I mean, the number of pokemon you have to choose from don't change, and I can't imagine that the strategies in doubles 4v4 are better. There are some really fun singles strategies (like baton pass) that I can't see working in doubles, and unless I'm mistaken (I obviously don't know much about doubles-only moves) any strategy that can be done in doubles can be done in singles.

Well, just to labour the point I guess - one of the very best moves in Doubles is Fake Out. It's much more about synergy between the two pokemon you have out at the time. Short term boosts (Trick Room, Tail Wind, etc) are really scary. Switching in doubles is something you do only if you absolutely have to. Physical pokemon are far less scary because Intimidate affects both sides (and double intimidate is a thing that can happen). Protect is a great move and is used often.

I mean, I only ever really played Gen 4 doubles (I skipped most of Gen V's competitive completely!) but strategy wise it's a whole different world to singles.
---