This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Allowing you to transfer Pokemon from any other Pokemon game ruins the online

#1NordiniPosted 10/11/2013 9:51:43 PM
IF you care about fair competition, rare pokemon staying somewhat rare etc.

The 3DS is not hacked (well it is via Gateway, but as Gateway does not have online capabilities, it is irrelevant for this purpose). That is a beautiful thing.

However, the DS is completely hackable and a user can generate any Pokemon he wants to on his Black/White games and then simply transfer them over to X and Y.

Now, somewhere Nintendo has claimed that the "Transporter" app that allows you to transfer from Gen V to Gen VI will only allow "legitimate" pokemon to pass through. While I'm sure this will work for filtering out obviously hacked and altered pokemon (most lazy people with an Action Replay or flashcart, being able to completely filter out "hacked" pokemon is an impossibility.

If you do it right, there is absolutely no difference between a legitimately obtained Pokemon and the properly "hacked" or generated pokemon. IF you generate it in the right location, with the proper levels, IVs, EVs, and everything to match up there is literally nothing in its code which would differentiate it from a pokemon that was legitimately caught and trained.

Unless Nintendo has some magical watermark on "legitimate" pokemon that is completely invisible in all the coding, it is impossible.

Thus, the online will be flooded with hacked Pokemon, and this may even force people to learn the proper way to generate Pokemon rather than just enabling random codes on their built in cheat system.
---
Gentlemen understand that embezzlement, insider trading, tax fraud, and similar activities are not crimes. Crimes are committed by poor people and involve guns.
#2ClassyOldHatPosted 10/11/2013 10:22:05 PM
Maybe someday Game Freak will realize that the only way to stop the "legitimate" hacks or at least minimize their effect, will be to make what they hack for reasonably obtainable. For example, if events could, in some way, be obtained even after they are over, or if IVs were automatically maxed out for PvP or Battle Tower areas, the way levels are, most people would have no reason to hack (at least not in a way that gets an advantage in the multiplayer).

The lazy remainder of "legit" hackers would then only have an "advantage" in the speed it takes to EV train, and level up/breed for some moves. Considering how easy it is to quickly get a good moveset most of the time, and how, on top of vitamins, Pokerus, and Power items, Game Freak gave us Super Training, EV training is now easier than ever, the "advantage" the hackers would gain would be infinitesimal compared to the effort to match met locations, trash bytes, etc.
#3felicaPosted 10/11/2013 10:26:40 PM
Hacking will never stop until the IV system is fixed. I for one cant wait until the 3ds is hacked.
---
Patiently waiting for Stick of Truth/GTA V/KH3-UMvC3 team Spencer/Dorm/Sentinel XBL-Phillyrider8072 Black 2 FC-1034 9297 3420
#4Lil_PuddinPosted 10/11/2013 10:30:50 PM
felica posted...
Hacking will never stop until the IV system is fixed. I for one cant wait until the 3ds is hacked.

People are very reluctant to hack the 3DS because the 3DS can get brick'd if it detects something wrong is happening. And then on top of that, Nintendo doesn't have to fix it because you voided the agreement/warranty agreement. Best use of 130~170 dollars ever!
---
I juss dun understayand.
#5brinetoldPosted 10/11/2013 10:31:19 PM
People hack because it saves time, the company should be part of the blames.
---
Black2: 3354 - 2028 - 7676
#6felicaPosted 10/11/2013 10:33:19 PM
Lil_Puddin posted...
felica posted...

People are very reluctant to hack the 3DS because the 3DS can get brick'd if it detects something wrong is happening. And then on top of that, Nintendo doesn't have to fix it because you voided the agreement/warranty agreement. Best use of 130~170 dollars ever!

Pokemon is always the driving force for nintendo handhelds to get hacked. I fully believe there will be something out for this by the end of the year.
---
Patiently waiting for Stick of Truth/GTA V/KH3-UMvC3 team Spencer/Dorm/Sentinel XBL-Phillyrider8072 Black 2 FC-1034 9297 3420
#7SteaIth_RockPosted 10/11/2013 10:35:49 PM
nintendo/gamefreak doesn't give a f*** about "legal hacks" then why should you?
---
Pointed stones dug into Charizard!
Charizard lost 50% of its health.
#8felicaPosted 10/11/2013 10:36:57 PM(edited)
SteaIth_Rock posted...
nintendo/gamefreak doesn't give a f*** about "legal hacks" then why should you?

Exactly. If the "hacked" pokemon in question is perfectly legal then who cares.
---
#9LightningAce11Posted 10/11/2013 10:37:24 PM
Inb4thistopicgoesto200
---
"Servant woman, bring me a drying cloth at once!" - Vegeta to Bulma
#10TerotrousPosted 10/11/2013 10:40:18 PM
There's a very simple way to fix hacking.

Online, the game checks your IVs. If they're inordinately high (for example, the average of the 5 highest IVs for each of your pokemon > 145, which is extremely difficult to attain legitimately), it only matches you up against other people who are like this. Of course, when battling via friend code this check is not done.
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "NES Rampart"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery