This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Allowing you to transfer Pokemon from any other Pokemon game ruins the online

#11abcDSBTPosted 10/11/2013 9:45:27 PM
Lil_Puddin posted...
felica posted...
Hacking will never stop until the IV system is fixed. I for one cant wait until the 3ds is hacked.

People are very reluctant to hack the 3DS because the 3DS can get brick'd if it detects something wrong is happening. And then on top of that, Nintendo doesn't have to fix it because you voided the agreement/warranty agreement. Best use of 130~170 dollars ever!

Didn't stop them with the Wii. Do not underestimate the determination of hackers. They're like lawyers; they'll find a loophole.
---
That light at the end of the tunnel might be a train.
3DS FC: 1977-0538-5534
#12brinetoldPosted 10/11/2013 9:46:53 PM
They simply need a satisfied reason to begin their holy works.
---
Black2: 3354 - 2028 - 7676
#13Monferno_AQWPosted 10/11/2013 9:50:07 PM
felica posted...
Hacking will never stop until the IV system is fixed. I for one cant wait until the 3ds is hacked.

Hacking will never stop period. People will ALWAYS do it.
---
I only play in Ubers
R~married to Shauntal and Lorelei/Prima
#14Nordini(Topic Creator)Posted 10/11/2013 11:54:50 PM
felica posted...
SteaIth_Rock posted...
nintendo/gamefreak doesn't give a f*** about "legal hacks" then why should you?

Exactly. If the "hacked" pokemon in question is perfectly legal then who cares.

They care. They aren't "legal" pokemon, they are just well generated. It is still illegitimate in the sense that you just instantly got an amazing pokemon without having to work for it or train it.
---
Gentlemen understand that embezzlement, insider trading, tax fraud, and similar activities are not crimes. Crimes are committed by poor people and involve guns.
#15KGTriggerPosted 10/11/2013 11:59:11 PM
Who cares, competitive play is only for gigantic dorks.
---
PSN: PewPewPew809
3DS FC: 0344-9295-6089, pm for steam ID
#16SteaIth_RockPosted 10/12/2013 12:06:27 AM
Nordini posted...
felica posted...
SteaIth_Rock posted...

They care. They aren't "legal" pokemon, they are just well generated. It is still illegitimate in the sense that you just instantly got an amazing pokemon without having to work for it or train it.

STOP SPREADING MISINFORMATION. They do NOT care. You could LITERALLY go to a nintendo authorized tourney and tell the director of the tourney that your team was made from PokeGen/PokeSav and they'll say something along the lines of "We don't care, unless it fails the legality checker", if you fail that then that's when you have a problem.
---
Pointed stones dug into Charizard!
Charizard lost 50% of its health.
#17Nordini(Topic Creator)Posted 10/12/2013 10:51:35 AM
SteaIth_Rock posted...
Nordini posted...
felica posted...
SteaIth_Rock posted...

STOP SPREADING MISINFORMATION. They do NOT care. You could LITERALLY go to a nintendo authorized tourney and tell the director of the tourney that your team was made from PokeGen/PokeSav and they'll say something along the lines of "We don't care, unless it fails the legality checker", if you fail that then that's when you have a problem.

You're correct. I phrased my post very poorly and I see why it is misinterpreted. They don't actually "care". All i was trying to say was that the "hacked" pokemon are still "hacked". They are falsely generated and give any hacker an infinite advantage over a legitimate player.

I don't think anybody is actually under the delusion that Nintendo or GameFreak cares if the online community is fair or if people are generating Pokemon, as long as they are making tons of money and their game is a success.

However, they did care to make some kind of filter to give their fanbase a false hope that their game would be free from hacked Pokemon. I agree that they don't actually care if it works or not though.
---
Gentlemen understand that embezzlement, insider trading, tax fraud, and similar activities are not crimes. Crimes are committed by poor people and involve guns.
#18pokemonfreak97Posted 10/12/2013 2:20:03 PM
Here's the thing.

It's about 80% legitimate Pokemon, 19% badly hacked Pokemon, and 1% well-hacked Pokemon. The 81% that look real make it through.

Add in the fact that 9.7% of all Pokemon are currently unhackable (the 70/720 that are Gen VI mons) and you have 9.7 + (80/81 * 90.3) = 98.89% of Pokemon as legitimate. There are a lot of hacks in Gen V, but the only reason we REALLY know that is because so many of them are bad hacks.
---
Generation (pi)(i).
When you see this, raise e to the generation and add 1. Social experiment.
#19thedarklordx3Posted 10/12/2013 6:52:04 PM
pokemonfreak97 posted...
Here's the thing.

It's about 80% legitimate Pokemon, 19% badly hacked Pokemon, and 1% well-hacked Pokemon. The 81% that look real make it through.

Add in the fact that 9.7% of all Pokemon are currently unhackable (the 70/720 that are Gen VI mons) and you have 9.7 + (80/81 * 90.3) = 98.89% of Pokemon as legitimate. There are a lot of hacks in Gen V, but the only reason we REALLY know that is because so many of them are bad hacks.

do you really think that hacking a pokemon well is THAT hard?
---
I quit LoL forever (was devilkingx) my account doesn't work anymore, idk why.
the powers that be have blessed me with an internet worthy of MMOs(like dota 2)
#20BalloonBattle05Posted 10/13/2013 5:26:52 AM
Terotrous posted...
There's a very simple way to fix hacking.

Online, the game checks your IVs. If they're inordinately high (for example, the average of the 5 highest IVs for each of your pokemon > 145, which is extremely difficult to attain legitimately), it only matches you up against other people who are like this. Of course, when battling via friend code this check is not done.

Better solution: Delete IVs.
---
A GameFAQs user from August 1, 2010 to March 27, 2012.
Known as Megaleg back then.