This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Evolution Question

#1Obscura_3DSPosted 10/12/2013 8:10:13 AM
I'm debating whether or not to let my Fennekin evolve. I like Fennekin's form and that's the only reason I want to prevent him from leveling. I'm not concerned about learning new moves sooner or later, etc. But I think evolved Pokemon are stronger? Does it really matter? I was hoping someone might be able to give me a good reason why I should or should not let my Fennekin evolve. Thanks! Sorry for such a silly inquiry xD
---
3DS FC: 4871-3350-8450 | Name: Obscura | Town: Nymeria
(Please PM me if you add me so I may do the same!)
#2Obscura_3DS(Topic Creator)Posted 10/12/2013 8:10:44 AM
Obscura_3DS posted...
I'm debating whether or not to let my Fennekin evolve. I like Fennekin's form and that's the only reason I want to prevent him from leveling. I'm not concerned about learning new moves sooner or later, etc. But I think evolved Pokemon are stronger? Does it really matter? I was hoping someone might be able to give me a good reason why I should or should not let my Fennekin evolve. Thanks! Sorry for such a silly inquiry xD

Not leveling. I meant evolving. ^^;
---
#3furygodsPosted 10/12/2013 8:10:52 AM
Lvl 100 Delphox > Lvl 100 Fenniken in stats
---
With courage comes glory. With glory comes immortality.
#4Obscura_3DS(Topic Creator)Posted 10/12/2013 8:15:05 AM
furygods posted...
Lvl 100 Delphox > Lvl 100 Fenniken in stats

Then I suppose I'll let him evolve when he's ready. I've never really held a Pokemon back from evolution before, that's kind of why I was struggling with the decision to keep Fennekin from evolving just for looks. Thanks!
---
#5ultraroboninjaPosted 10/12/2013 8:21:53 AM
Yeah don't let the cartoon fool you. Evolved pokemon always get a nice stat boost.
---
If you spent as much energy talking about the stuff you LIKE instead of all the stuff you HATE, you'd probably end up hating way less stuff.
#6SorceressTharjaPosted 10/12/2013 8:25:02 AM
If your Pokemon is not currently feeling the need for the stat boost though, new to this gen is that Pokemon at or above their evolve level get bonus XP, which may be useful after you choose to evolve it.
#7Obscura_3DS(Topic Creator)Posted 10/12/2013 8:26:17 AM
ultraroboninja posted...
Yeah don't let the cartoon fool you. Evolved pokemon always get a nice stat boost.

I actually haven't watched the show in at least 5-6 years >.< The only thing I remember about evolution is how they didn't want to let Pikachu evolve because they met a Raichu that was a jerk xD
---