This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Super Training vs EV Training. Which do you like more?

#1DAENF0RCER13Posted 10/12/2013 1:23:30 PM
Do you like how EV Training is now with Super Training or do you prefer how EV Training was back then? - Results (283 votes)
Super Training
89.05% (252 votes)
Old EV Training
10.95% (31 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I'm really liking Super Training right now. The fact that you can make the most out of it in such little time right when you get your starter is great. I got a little frustrated sometimes when I lost count when EV Training back then, but now I don't have to anymore, considering I'm training Froakie to be a sweeper at the moment. Though it could use variety, since shooting balloons for every stat seems weird. Something like the Pokeathlon would be cool like running on a track to raise speed,
---
XBL/PSN+Steam: B2Ez chinoman/chinoman1129 | http://myanimelist.net/profile/chinoman | Let's Plays and Stuff- http://www.youtube.com/user/chinoman1129
#2usdmike181Posted 10/12/2013 2:06:49 PM
From a time standpoint, I miss being able to EV train pokemon in an hour or so using pokerus and held items.

From a convenience standpoint, Super training is just miles better. I'm already addicted. The fact that I can EV a pokemon I have just caught without writing down numbers or worrying of losing count, I can just Super Train until I am finished. I also like that I can train the pokemon that I really want to use in the main game for a specific purpose, rather than just relying on random mixed IV's. It takes a little longer, but it is also more entertaining.
---
3DS friend code Ajax: 2595-0429-7348
#3SaintparaPosted 10/12/2013 3:23:51 PM
usdmike181 posted...
From a time standpoint, I miss being able to EV train pokemon in an hour or so using pokerus and held items.

From a convenience standpoint, Super training is just miles better. I'm already addicted. The fact that I can EV a pokemon I have just caught without writing down numbers or worrying of losing count, I can just Super Train until I am finished. I also like that I can train the pokemon that I really want to use in the main game for a specific purpose, rather than just relying on random mixed IV's. It takes a little longer, but it is also more entertaining.

Wait, can you not EV train normally anymore? Also, I haven't heard about IV's being gone so the random factor is still there.
---
Plothooker - www.plothook.net - Get Hook'd
"Is there a barista in here? Because this roast just got DARK!" - Andy Samberg
#4empireoffirePosted 10/12/2013 3:26:54 PM
Saintpara posted...
usdmike181 posted...

Wait, can you not EV train normally anymore? Also, I haven't heard about IV's being gone so the random factor is still there.

You can, but I don't think anyone has identified the best training sites yet.
---
size does not matter....weight does.
other aliases: gamefreak043, Cyborg-Kangaroo, Joe The Smurf
#5SaroenXPosted 10/14/2013 2:42:39 AM
You know, like a putz I didn't realize how much of a difference EV training made until generation V. I honestly liked both options, but I prefer Super Training. First off, for those of us who don't pay attention (I didn't really understand EVs until gen V either, and i've been playing since Red & Blue), we're flat out told that we can raise stats and how much of a diff. it makes. I wish it were easier to get a reset bag tho, because I'm not sure if catching a pokemon gives you EVs, but it's impossible to move a starter pokemon from one game to the other without gaining SOME xp. I also like its something different - We can EV train oldschool still fi we want, but now instead of having to grind some stupid monsters (Some pokemon you couldn't even start EV training until you reached an area that had a pokemon that raised that stat). Plus, what was the most you could earn from a single EV battle, with pokerus and the power brace, macho brace, w/e. I'm pretty sure it wasn't 24, and those games eventually can be done in like 30 seconds,

I really wish i could get a reset bag tho :( Been trying for a bit now! just started seeing swiftness bags.
---
3DS FC: 2020-0643-6511
#6SaroenXPosted 10/14/2013 2:47:19 AM
and within 5 minutes of this post i got one - yay!
---
3DS FC: 2020-0643-6511
#7jasamPosted 10/14/2013 5:58:52 AM
If the expshare gives EVs, which are multiplyed by hold items pkrs (and those are obtainable) then normal EV training could potentialy do 6 pokemon at a time., which might work out nicer.

Between vitamins, capping at 252 and super training giving other methods and visulisation (no counting) it's working out very nice for EV training this gen.
---
Golden Sun DS ^^
#8TorkzorPosted 10/14/2013 6:00:16 AM
usdmike181 posted...

Super training with Pokerus is quicker than this...
---
http://i.imgur.com/ZaSlM.jpg
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." - Paper
#9pokemonfreak97Posted 10/15/2013 6:14:33 AM
Torkzor posted...
usdmike181 posted...

Super training with Pokerus is quicker than this...

I presume you mean EV training with Pokerus, but we don't know what EVs Gen VI Pokemon give out, and there are so many things on any given route that it's rare that you get a location where all that's there is Pokemon that give out one particular stat. Super Training was intended to replace all that so they could put all their flavor Pokemon and rare Pokemon all over the place without having to worry about removing EV hotspots.
---
Generation (pi)(i).
When you see this, raise e to the generation and add 1. Social experiment.