This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

A funny thing happened when I got my Pokemon X...

#1Derald_SnyderPosted 10/12/2013 8:18:28 PM
So I reserved Pokemon X, and got it today at the mall without any fuss. I go to Barnes & Noble to take advantage of the Wi-Fi hot spot and switch out Project X Zone in my 3DS for Pokemon X, and put Project X Zone in the Pokemon X case. Got my character set up, started my file, then got the Torchic Mystery Gift.

But then, I realize I have to use the bathroom NOW!! I wasn't sure if you were allowed to take merchandise in the bathroom with you, so I leave the Pokemon X case (with the Project X Zone cartridge within) on a bench outside. Do my business, wash & dry my hands, come back out...

...It's gone.

Someone STOLE my Pokemon X... or so the thief thinks. But they only got Project X Zone instead. JOKE'S ON THEM! Don't get me wrong, I'm bummed for losing my Project X Zone game, but I'll live. I'd already beaten it twice anyway. (I still have the soundtrack CD.)

...So now I've stripped out the cover on my Project X Zone case, and will use it to store my Pokemon X cartridge instead. Funny how that works out, huh?

Enjoy your Project X Zone, you thief. And know that the Lord God sees all, and will judge you at the end of time, even if you never answer for your crime in this life.
---
There is no such thing as "normal". It is as much of an abstraction as the concept of "perfection".
#2lilaschildkrotePosted 10/12/2013 8:20:44 PM
why would'nt you be allowed to take something YOU bought in the bathroom with YOU.
---
Official Golbez of the pokemon X and Y boards.
3DS FC: 0189-8554-9157
#3Derald_Snyder(Topic Creator)Posted 10/12/2013 8:24:50 PM
Well, when you *have* to go to the bathroom NOW, you don't exactly have time to think... I knew some stores had that rule, and decided not to take the chance. My bad.
---
There is no such thing as "normal". It is as much of an abstraction as the concept of "perfection".
#4thiaguinhohpPosted 10/12/2013 8:27:17 PM
haha
---
Ousadia & Alegriaa!!
#5MoonLightCloudPosted 10/12/2013 8:31:22 PM
lilaschildkrote posted...
why would'nt you be allowed to take something YOU bought in the bathroom with YOU.

Even though it was a bad decision, isn't it just sad that any time you leave something unattended, it just gets stolen?

My friend left his backpack in a rec center once, it had EVERYTHING in it, some people snatched it up and took off on a bus with it. Never saw it again. No idea why these people couldn't just do the right thing and bring it to a lost and found or check inside and find some ID. And also why these people can't just steal the money and valuables rather than everything (my friend's military ID was in there and this was on a military base, so it's really screwed up).
---
One of my best friends has a viral video, check it out!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrasQOojFyo
#6darkshadowspawnPosted 10/12/2013 8:35:05 PM
On the other side of things, I accidentally left my copy of LoZ: The Wind Waker (gold version) on the bus after I had purchased it. I got off the bus and was partway home when I realised it. I turned around and managed to catch the bus at a different stop (it winds its way through a residential area, so I had time)...before it made it to the college campus (where, I assume, it would've been picked up by some drunk douche).
---
My great weakness is the love I have for the fair sex, and pretty much all my trouble comes from or can be traced to that charming source.
- Myles Keogh
#7joemoetoePosted 10/12/2013 8:36:32 PM
um why the hell would you leave a game out in a public place?
---
Black 2 code: 0262-2059-3346
#8legitgamer405Posted 10/12/2013 8:37:38 PM
Lol I would have hidden it somewhere safe in Barnes & Nobles and then come back for it later. Like between a book that nobody wants to buy or something lol.
---
3DS FC: 1564-2580-9641. http://www.pokemon.com/us/ Countdown to X and Y!
Official Arceus of the Pokemon X Board! Can't wait for X and Y!
#9PhantasmShotPosted 10/12/2013 8:42:05 PM
legitgamer405 posted...
Lol I would have hidden it somewhere safe in Barnes & Nobles and then come back for it later. Like between a book that nobody wants to buy or something lol.

smart. i like it.
---
[Your rights have been deleted by a GameFAQs Moderator]
FC: 2452-2497-4616 - White 2 ; 3DS FC: 3136-6746-8956
#10J-Don-BonnePosted 10/12/2013 8:44:41 PM
Dude that sucks. Some douche once stole one copy of Link's Awakening I dropped before the 3DS even existed. I had 2 copies before that but still. Very next day, I see a DIFFERENT working copy on the damned ground next to the sidewalk in a location MILES AWAY from where I dropped the first...

All I could think was "wat?"
---
PSN: FrossToad Training for the FGC
3DS Friend Code: 0344- 9855 - 7284