This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So there are only 68 Pokemon in this generation?

#1austinglPosted 10/13/2013 9:25:37 AM(edited)
That's all I saw on serebii. If it's true than I am truly dissappointed.
---
Official Red Eyes B. Dragon of WC2011 board
Black 2 FC: 2667-1094-4948
#2Quinn95Posted 10/13/2013 9:25:41 AM
It's actually a good thing. Look how crappy most of the pokemon from black and white were. Instead of releasing a few good ones with a lot of fluff, they just released a few good ones.
---
FC: 1950 - 8190 - 6633
#3JunpeicloverPosted 10/13/2013 9:27:55 AM
Quinn95 posted...
It's actually a good thing. Look how crappy most of the pokemon from black and white were. Instead of releasing a few good ones with a lot of fluff, they just released a few good ones.

There were only 2 "crappy pokemon" grabador and that Popsicle

the amount of pokemon available in the game definitly overrides that small amount though
---
I take exception to people's acception of except as accept
#4Mewtwo_soulPosted 10/13/2013 9:28:58 AM
Junpeiclover posted...
Quinn95 posted...

the amount of pokemon available in the game definitly overrides that small amount though

Lol. No.

You're thinking "non-organism = crap." A lot of the Pokemon from Gen V are highly avoided or aren't used at all. Heck, even the starters are considered crap, even though I generally like them.
---
Only insecure and ignorant people try to debase someone online based on their username.
#5DeanyzyPosted 10/13/2013 9:29:41 AM
I don't mind it, we've got a huge pokedex to make up for it and a ton of Mega evos and a lot of the new pokemon have also been given a new lease of life due to the Fairy retcons.
#6NewMoonShadowPosted 10/13/2013 9:29:45 AM
Junpeiclover posted...
Quinn95 posted...

Yeah, and considering how many changes there are to core aspects of even old Pokemon, such as the ones changed to Fairy Type, and the new Abilities and Type attributes, like new Type-based immunities, the game actually feels fresher than Black/White did with its all-new Pokemon list. And that goes double when you realize the Mega-Evolutions are basically new Pokemon without Pokedex entries.
#7bloo215Posted 10/13/2013 9:30:20 AM
Junpeiclover posted...
Quinn95 posted...

Don't forget Klink klang and klinkang and the weather trio is just a recolour the therian forms should be the the main ones
---
add me fc 1418-7264-3771 pm your fc so ill add you back
White FC 1722-5511-5182
#8HeyWheresKelPosted 10/13/2013 9:30:21 AM
The Roggenrola line was not necessary
The Tympole line was not necessary
The Timburr line was not necessary
And a bunch of others.
---
"I see the way you look at him. I'm a man too, ya know? I go pee pee standing up!"
http://i.imgur.com/DtiOyo0.png
#9Feral_MidgetPosted 10/13/2013 9:32:07 AM
Junpeiclover posted...

I think he means aesthetically displeasing. If so, I agree. they looked like Gamefreak stole an elementary school kid's drawings, touched them up a bit, and tossed them in the game.
#10austingl(Topic Creator)Posted 10/13/2013 9:32:23 AM
I disagree, from some of the pokes I've senn sofar they didn't think things through very well. For example, the new squid Pokemon is anatomically incorrect. He should be standing on his tentacles and not his dome. Carbink and Spritzee have stupid evos. They are fat and fluffy.

I don't know if you consider the mega evolutions as new Pokemon but I don't. They don't count to the 68.
---
Official Red Eyes B. Dragon of WC2011 board
Black 2 FC: 2667-1094-4948