This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How many pre-XY Pokemon are in this game...?

#1crystalfury2406Posted 10/13/2013 10:04:47 PM
I should add that I chose to Nuzlocke this game, if that affects my perspective.

My team right now consists of:

Froakie (Sylver)
Pidgey (Dalton)
Metapod (Cynthia)
Riolu (Carl)
Bidoof (Mendel)
Torchic (Prescott)

Seriously. Not counting Prescott and Sylver, all of my catches have been pre-X/Y. Not griping, but am I ever going to find a current-gen Pokemon?
---
There seemed to be loud bang and then there was JAM ON MY EYEBALLS SO I CRAWLED BEHIND A BOX UNTIL IT WENT AWAY." -PC Gamer on low health in CoD.
#2BTzzPosted 10/13/2013 10:07:01 PM
I don't know the exact pokedex number, but I'd guess it's at least 300, and there's only 70 or so new pokemon, counting 3 legendaries and 9 starters.

That said, Nuzlocking might be the reason why you don't seem to be seeing any. There seems to be way more pokemon in the various routes rather than previous games where there'd be 3 or 4. So it's a bit tougher if you're only going with the first one you catch.
#3HeyWheresKelPosted 10/13/2013 10:07:43 PM
You seriously haven't encountered a Scatterbug Bunnelby Fletchling or Litleo? Or Flabebe?
---
"I see the way you look at him. I'm a man too, ya know? I go pee pee standing up!"
http://i.imgur.com/DtiOyo0.png
#4LotoPhoenixLordPosted 10/13/2013 10:08:56 PM
There is like 453/454 Pokemon in this game. And only 68/69 NEW X/Y pokemon SO
your looking at 385 Pre/Old pokemon.
---
If you have to cheat, you're admitting to yourself you're not good enough.
#5MaruKazeryuPosted 10/13/2013 10:09:55 PM
there's NO way you caught a Riolu before seeing any of the new pokemon
#6crystalfury2406(Topic Creator)Posted 10/13/2013 10:12:32 PM
All of my first encounters have been pre-Kalos. Seriously.

And yes, I have seen Scatterbug. But that's about it, and I couldn't catch it because of the first encounter rules.
---
There seemed to be loud bang and then there was JAM ON MY EYEBALLS SO I CRAWLED BEHIND A BOX UNTIL IT WENT AWAY." -PC Gamer on low health in CoD.