This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

WARNING: Do NOT Save Outside in Lumiose City!

#151ArreiPosted 10/14/2013 10:18:49 AM(edited)
P0k3m0nWaRR10R8 posted...
Wait, is this anywhere in Lumiose, or only in certain spots? Because I saved outside Sycamore's Lab, and nothing happened.

It's sounding like only certain spots, so far. Problem being, this is really hard to test, since finding out the glitch has triggered renders you unable to continue testing.

It seems it's not restricted to the blackout, so let's move on - has anyone who had it happen had it occur anywhere that was not South Boulevard?
---
3DS friend code: 1977-0588-7595 ACNL: Lloyd from Iselia
Dream Code 5100-2227-1571, come pay a dream visit to scenic Iselia!
#152P0k3m0nWaRR10R8Posted 10/14/2013 10:20:10 AM
Arrei posted...
P0k3m0nWaRR10R8 posted...
Wait, is this anywhere in Lumiose, or only in certain spots? Because I saved outside Sycamore's Lab, and nothing happened.

It's sounding like only certain spots, so far. Problem being, this is really hard to test, since finding out the glitch has triggered renders you unable to continue testing.

It seems it's not restricted to the blackout, so let's move on - has anyone who had it happen had it occur anywhere that was not South Boulevard?

Yeah, I don't plan on testing it again...
---
Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam.
3DS FC: 3222-6121-8437
#153HikaruYamiPosted 10/14/2013 10:21:16 AM(edited)
... it sounds like every single report of this glitch working was in a digital version of the game.

There are at least 5 confirming reports in this topic. Unless at least 3x as many people bought the digital version as physical (seems... a bit unlikely?), it's incredibly unlikely to affect the physical copies of the game.

I went ahead and tested it in my own physical copy (of X), next to every cab, no freeze on restart.

I think the sticky should be updated to point out that it probably only affects digital copies. There are 0 reports of it affecting physical copies, and right now, this topic is just unnecessarily alarmist.
#154scrappybristolPosted 10/14/2013 10:21:17 AM
scrappybristol posted...
Arrei posted...
Has ANYONE afflicted with this glitch had it happen after the blackout was fixed? It could just be a problem with the blackout scenario.

Give me 10 min and I'll be able to check my game.

I saved outside in front of the gym before defeating the leader.

Frozen. =\
---
scrappy by name
scrappy by reputation
#155cloud_8f8fPosted 10/14/2013 10:23:44 AM
scrappybristol posted...
scrappybristol posted...
Arrei posted...
Has ANYONE afflicted with this glitch had it happen after the blackout was fixed? It could just be a problem with the blackout scenario.

Frozen. =\

Seriously? Physical or Digital?
---
Official Reshiram of the Pokemon X and Y Boards
#156squidgy617Posted 10/14/2013 10:23:45 AM
scrappybristol posted...
scrappybristol posted...
Arrei posted...

Frozen. =\

Someone said that if you reset enough times itll be fixed
#157Moorish_IdolPosted 10/14/2013 10:24:33 AM
HikaruYami posted...
and right now, this topic is just unnecessarily alarmist.

Yeah, how dare anyone try to warn me of a potential game-breaking glitch.
#158Pupu27Posted 10/14/2013 10:24:43 AM
scrappybristol posted...
scrappybristol posted...
Arrei posted...

Frozen. =\

Is your copy digital or physical?
---
I swear I'm nobody alt.
#159koggxPosted 10/14/2013 10:25:27 AM
... it sounds like every single report of this glitch working was in a digital version of the game.

There are at least 5 confirming reports in this topic. Unless at least 3x as many people bought the digital version as physical (seems... a bit unlikely?), it's incredibly unlikely to affect the physical copies of the game.

I went ahead and tested it in my own physical copy (of X), next to every cab, no freeze on restart.

I think the sticky should be updated to point out that it probably only affects digital copies. There are 0 reports of it affecting physical copies, and right now, this topic is just unnecessarily alarmist.

I just saved outside in Luminose City literally five minutes before seeing this topic...and now my game is bricked. I opened my save to check and now have the exact same issue as TC. Completely frozen.

Don't normally post here, but I wanted to confirm that this can indeed happen. My copy is a physical version of Y. Luckily I'd only just arrived in Luminose City after getting my first badge, but still...guess I'll be focusing on X for a while. >.>

i think you missed one report
---
www.freewebs.com/kingofgamesgx
#160Sloth9230Posted 10/14/2013 10:25:53 AM
HikaruYami posted...

TearsOfNightfal posted...
I just saved outside in Luminose City literally five minutes before seeing this topic...and now my game is bricked. I opened my save to check and now have the exact same issue as TC. Completely frozen.

Don't normally post here, but I wanted to confirm that this can indeed happen. My copy is a physical version of Y. Luckily I'd only just arrived in Luminose City after getting my first badge, but still...guess I'll be focusing on X for a while. >.>

Unless you're calling them a liar o.O