This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

WARNING: Do NOT Save Outside in Lumiose City!

#161ArreiPosted 10/14/2013 11:26:19 AM
HikaruYami posted...
... it sounds like every single report of this glitch working was in a digital version of the game.

There are at least 5 confirming reports in this topic. Unless at least 3x as many people bought the digital version as physical (seems... a bit unlikely?), it's incredibly unlikely to affect the physical copies of the game.

I went ahead and tested it in my own physical copy (of X), next to every cab, no freeze on restart.

I think the sticky should be updated to point out that it probably only affects digital copies. There are 0 reports of it affecting physical copies, and right now, this topic is just unnecessarily alarmist.

There's a report of a physical freeze right there on the third page. Pretty sure the video evidence is physical, too.
---
3DS friend code: 1977-0588-7595 ACNL: Lloyd from Iselia
Dream Code 5100-2227-1571, come pay a dream visit to scenic Iselia!
#162Sloth9230Posted 10/14/2013 11:26:44 AM
Greninija'd
#163MooneiiPosted 10/14/2013 11:28:24 AM
well the "restart enough times" you guys can bet Ill try that one I have no intentions of loosing my save file
#164scrappybristolPosted 10/14/2013 11:28:27 AM
Pupu27 posted...
scrappybristol posted...
scrappybristol posted...
Arrei posted...
Has ANYONE afflicted with this glitch had it happen after the blackout was fixed? It could just be a problem with the blackout scenario.

Give me 10 min and I'll be able to check my game.

I saved outside in front of the gym before defeating the leader.

Frozen. =\

Is your copy digital or physical?

Physical.
---
scrappy by name
scrappy by reputation
#165WaveonFoxdalePosted 10/14/2013 11:29:25 AM
This hasn't happen to me, luckily. I've only visited Lumiose once, which is on your first and required visit, and I've saved+shut down multiple times there, both interiors and outside. I have Pokemon Y, Physical.

I've seen mentions that this only (might?) happen when you turn your game off after saving in Lumiose. This does raise a small question for me: HOW are people shutting of? Are they pressing the home button, go to the home menu and then shut off? Or are they shutting down immediately with the power button from within the game?
This most likely doesn't change much, but it still might be a factor of this problem.
#166HikaruYamiPosted 10/14/2013 11:31:45 AM(edited)
Moorish_Idol posted...
HikaruYami posted...
and right now, this topic is just unnecessarily alarmist.

Yeah, how dare anyone try to warn me of a potential game-breaking glitch.

"GUYS NO ONE SAVE IN THE OUTDOORS IN LUMIOSE CITY" is unnecessarily alarmist. I see people acting like chickens with their heads cut off everywhere in this topic.

If this glitch happens somewhere, it could happen anywhere. There are some reports of it being fixed after enough force-reloads, which means it's probably an issue with the GPU instructions, and not some isolated buffer overflow into the save file itself. Unless you intend to warn someone to not save anywhere, ever (which I would say is also unnecessarily alarmist, but would at least be logically consistent), then failing to inform people that it is probably only an issue in digital copies of the game means the topic is alarming people more than it should.
#167RockmanZeroEXEPosted 10/14/2013 11:31:02 AM
Yikes... this is kind of scary... also, it sucks for all those people that were resetting for hours to get optimal IVs/Shinies, and/or nature. So basically? Don't save near a cab is the best way to avoid this right now right?
---
"I've just remembered something...He was not as naive as you are. That's what made him a hero." Zero from RMZ
#168Sloth9230Posted 10/14/2013 11:32:05 AM
HikaruYami posted...
Moorish_Idol posted...
HikaruYami posted...
and right now, this topic is just unnecessarily alarmist.

Yeah, how dare anyone try to warn me of a potential game-breaking glitch.

"GUYS NO ONE SAVE IN THE OUTDOORS IN LUMIOSE CITY" is unnecessarily alarmist. I see people acting like chickens with their heads cut off everywhere in this topic.

If this glitch happens somewhere, it could happen anywhere. There are some reports of it being fixed after enough force-reloads, which means it's probably an issue with the GPU instructions, and not some isolated buffer overflow into the save file itself. Unless you intend to warn someone to not save anywhere, ever (which I would also be unnecessarily alarmist, but would at least be logically consistent), then failing to inform people that it is probably only an issue in digital copies of the game means the topic is alarming people more than it should.

But it's not.
#169Synthetic_CKPosted 10/14/2013 11:32:10 AM
Mooneii posted...
well the "restart enough times" you guys can bet Ill try that one I have no intentions of loosing my save file

Another workaround I'd like to see tested is removing the sd card then rebooting the game then putting the card back in.
---
LOL@console fanboys. Just because it's the only console YOU own doesn't mean the others suck. Great games on all systems. Get over yourself, shut up and play.
#170cloud_8f8fPosted 10/14/2013 11:33:17 AM
RockmanZeroEXE posted...
Yikes... this is kind of scary... also, it sucks for all those people that were resetting for hours to get optimal IVs/Shinies, and/or nature. So basically? Don't save near a cab is the best way to avoid this right now right?

Actually, to be safe, don't save in Lumiose at all.
---
Official Reshiram of the Pokemon X and Y Boards