This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

WARNING: Do NOT Save Outside in Lumiose City!

#21legendxofxskyPosted 10/13/2013 11:45:45 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#22digilord5Posted 10/13/2013 11:47:06 PM
Though its completely unrelated to the topic, theres no point in trading HMs really as you need a gym badge to use outside of battle and you would get said HM right before or right after the said gym badge you need.
#23KyuutoryuuPosted 10/13/2013 11:48:31 PM
digilord5 posted...
Though its completely unrelated to the topic, theres no point in trading HMs really as you need a gym badge to use outside of battle and you would get said HM right before or right after the said gym badge you need.

Wrong, lol. HMs can be used regardless of badges. It has been like that since gen 5. However, pokemon with HM moves cannot be traded regardless.
---
3DS: 4441-8248-1091
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Kyuutoryuu
#24ExpiredmilkPosted 10/13/2013 11:49:49 PM
Kyuutoryuu posted...
digilord5 posted...

Wrong, lol. HMs can be used regardless of badges. It has been like that since gen 5. However, pokemon with HM moves cannot be traded regardless.

Game wouldn't let me use strength until I beat the 2nd gym leader. :x
---
( ` . ` )
#25CalciferJenkinsPosted 10/13/2013 11:50:33 PM
Kyuutoryuu posted...
digilord5 posted...

That's strange, after I beat a certain gym leader they told me that I would then be able to use Fly outside of battle.
---
Thank you, gentlemen! Someday, I will repay you. Unless, of course, I can't find you or if I forget.
#26hotrodneptune32Posted 10/13/2013 11:51:06 PM
Kyuutoryuu posted...
digilord5 posted...

Nope. They went back to the pre Gen V system where you have to have the corresponding badge to use an HM.
---
(Un)Official Sephiroth of KHIII board
"Lava bucket hooooooooooooooooooo!"-Zisteau
#27KyuutoryuuPosted 10/13/2013 11:53:18 PM
hotrodneptune32 posted...
Kyuutoryuu posted...
digilord5 posted...

Nope. They went back to the pre Gen V system where you have to have the corresponding badge to use an HM.

But then HMs are still "not needed" to complete standard gameplay, just like gen 5?
---
3DS: 4441-8248-1091
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Kyuutoryuu
#28TearsOfNightfalPosted 10/14/2013 12:07:57 AM
I just saved outside in Luminose City literally five minutes before seeing this topic...and now my game is bricked. I opened my save to check and now have the exact same issue as TC. Completely frozen.

Don't normally post here, but I wanted to confirm that this can indeed happen. My copy is a physical version of Y. Luckily I'd only just arrived in Luminose City after getting my first badge, but still...guess I'll be focusing on X for a while. >.>
#29spikethedevilPosted 10/14/2013 12:41:56 AM
Kyuutoryuu posted...
hotrodneptune32 posted...
Kyuutoryuu posted...
digilord5 posted...

But then HMs are still "not needed" to complete standard gameplay, just like gen 5?

Actually they are
---
A garbage pod!? Its a smegging garbage pod!
#30squidgy617Posted 10/14/2013 12:43:47 AM
Anyone try this?

A commenter in that youtube video says, "A friend of mine who had this problem said to remove your SD card, then boot the 3DS and X/Y normally."

Dunno how that works though.