This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

WARNING: Do NOT Save Outside in Lumiose City!

#201gpstylezPosted 10/14/2013 12:18:34 PM
Just got to Lumiose and currently SRing for a female Squirtle. Thanks for the shout-out. I tend to save in random places :/
---
PawnStar Gary - Dream World Paradise Member - Requests Filled: 174
#202raytan7585Posted 10/14/2013 12:20:28 PM
Lucky for me I save my game in a Pokemon Center.

Hoping for a fix patch.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baUY9LFlYh0 - KokorokokoroKOKOROkokoROKokoro-chan iu na
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/raytan7585
#203_KGC_Posted 10/14/2013 12:22:51 PM
Heh, I don't have the game but I tend to save at random places and frequently. Sorry this happened to you TC but good job on trying to spread the word out of this glitch.
---
"You got to be careful if you don't know where you're going, because you might not get there."
- Yogi Berra
#204Sam2xpPosted 10/14/2013 12:23:25 PM
Has anyone with the glitch tried removing the SD card and starting the game? or restarting the game multiple times?
(just naming the possible solutions mentioned in this thread)
---
#205ColtCababaPosted 10/14/2013 12:26:00 PM
Hm, I don't think I ever have, but many thanks for the heads up, TC!
---
''Hey, young blood, doesn't it feel like our time is running out?
I'm gonna change you like a remix. Then I'll raise you like a phoenix.''
#206NeonDragon9000Posted 10/14/2013 12:27:51 PM
Kyuutoryuu posted...
digilord5 posted...
Though its completely unrelated to the topic, theres no point in trading HMs really as you need a gym badge to use outside of battle and you would get said HM right before or right after the said gym badge you need.

Wrong, lol. HMs can be used regardless of badges. It has been like that since gen 5. However, pokemon with HM moves cannot be traded regardless.

No, you need badges to use HMs again. I wasn't able to Fly until I beat Ramos.
---
"Microsoft is not a helicopter." ~Gerald Ilukwe
#207NeonDragon9000Posted 10/14/2013 12:32:00 PM
Kyuutoryuu posted...
hotrodneptune32 posted...
Kyuutoryuu posted...
digilord5 posted...
Though its completely unrelated to the topic, theres no point in trading HMs really as you need a gym badge to use outside of battle and you would get said HM right before or right after the said gym badge you need.

Wrong, lol. HMs can be used regardless of badges. It has been like that since gen 5. However, pokemon with HM moves cannot be traded regardless.

Nope. They went back to the pre Gen V system where you have to have the corresponding badge to use an HM.

But then HMs are still "not needed" to complete standard gameplay, just like gen 5?

I think you need Surf and Strength at least once.
---
"Microsoft is not a helicopter." ~Gerald Ilukwe
#208LoveSquirtlePosted 10/14/2013 12:32:53 PM
Quoted from one of the YouTube videos in this thread.

A person commented: Alright, so it just happened to me on X, and somehow I fixed it. What I did is start up the cartridge, and play around in mystery gift a lot. I tried all the options in it and put all 1s for the Get With Code option. Then I started up a second 3DS which was already registered as one of my friends. In the mean time, I rebooted a LOT. After all that, it just started working again. I'm going to break my secondary copy (Y) and see if I can narrow down what fixed it.

Can anyone with a 'broken game' test this?
#209pokabu82Posted 10/14/2013 12:35:07 PM
Arrei posted...
pokabu82 posted...
I have a physical copy of X, and decided to test to see if this glitch would activate. The blackout was still ongoing at the time; I had just recently reached the city with the fossil lab. After saving at a few random locations, I saved next to a cab (not sure exactly which one though, was in the southern area though), and the glitch did activate. Removing the SD card did nothing, and the glitch remained. So, it can happen to physical copies, and it isn't limited to just one version.

If you have time, keep trying to reload that glitch save to see if you can unfreeze it. Would be nice to know if that proposed fix has a chance to work.

This lends credence to the theory that it's certain areas that cause the glitch, though.

I reset it about 7 times; still loads the glitched area though - no change. Seems like there isn't a fix at the moment.

Also, holding down the power button and going to the "shut down" screen with the Sleep Mode instructions, then pushing the Home Button freezes the system, leading to you having to hold down the power button again until it shuts off finally. Don't know if that's too relevant, but there's some extra info.
#210RX149DragonitePosted 10/14/2013 12:36:24 PM
HikaruYami posted...
Moorish_Idol posted...
HikaruYami posted...
and right now, this topic is just unnecessarily alarmist.

Yeah, how dare anyone try to warn me of a potential game-breaking glitch.

"GUYS NO ONE SAVE IN THE OUTDOORS IN LUMIOSE CITY" is unnecessarily alarmist. I see people acting like chickens with their heads cut off everywhere in this topic.

If this glitch happens somewhere, it could happen anywhere. There are some reports of it being fixed after enough force-reloads, which means it's probably an issue with the GPU instructions, and not some isolated buffer overflow into the save file itself. Unless you intend to warn someone to not save anywhere, ever (which I would say is also unnecessarily alarmist, but would at least be logically consistent), then failing to inform people that it is probably only an issue in digital copies of the game means the topic is alarming people more than it should.

This guy gets it. From what I've heard from people and seen in the Youtube video it's consistent with GPU errors, and XY seem to be pushing the 3DS's GPU at many points (3D Battles where the framerate drops, the two Pokemon being shown on the screen cut ins, horde battles, etc.), so errors were bound to happen, especially in places like Lumiose City, which is why the majority of glitches are reported there, but it can happen anywhere. Personally, I've saved on the outdoors part of Lumiose a few times without a problem, but that's just me. You can take the precaution to not save in the outdoors part, and it's probably a good just-in-case thing to do, but it won't keep you immune from the glitch from happening elsewhere. Also, if you're going to document the glitches, you all should start messaging Nintendo's support staff so that they are able to get a patch developed sooner than later.