This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Most viable Eeveelutions in OU?

#11R__TruthPosted 10/14/2013 2:14:08 PM
Vaporeon is bad, Jellicent and Tentacruel in the rain wall everything Vaporeon walls, and can do more like Jellicent can Taunt and Tentacruel can put down Toxic Spikes or rapid spin. there's a reason only people who don't know what they're doing tend to use it

This post on smogon says it perfectly

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/dont-use-that-use-this-ou-edition.3486722/#post-4783959
---
3DS FC - 3050-8064-0629
#12iKhan88Posted 10/14/2013 2:16:10 PM
R__Truth posted...
Espeon is outclassed by Xatu, the rest are bad

Wut? I like Xatu as a pokemon, but it doesn't even come close to outclassing Espeon. The only time Xatu is useful is if you have a Rain or Sand team, in which case Morning Sun isn't useful.

Otherwise, Espeon is faster, stronger, less weak to hazards, works in better synergy with Sun teams, and has the added bonuses of being one of the best Baton Passers in existence.
---
I am iKhanic. REBORN!
#13iKhan88Posted 10/14/2013 2:18:12 PM
SalsaSavant posted...
ChargedShot posted...
Where's the love for Glaceon. =T

We're talking OU, not bottom tier.

I don't think Glaceon is even effective in NU.

Glaceon's actually pretty underrated. It has decent bulk, and the same Sp. Atk stat as Espeon, who if you hasn't noticed, hits really hard.

I'm not saying it's OU material, but it's not really as bad as people say it is. Also 2nd best Eeveelution design.
---
I am iKhanic. REBORN!
#14R__TruthPosted 10/14/2013 2:23:22 PM
iKhan88 posted...
R__Truth posted...

Wut? I like Xatu as a pokemon, but it doesn't even come close to outclassing Espeon. The only time Xatu is useful is if you have a Rain or Sand team, in which case Morning Sun isn't useful.

Otherwise, Espeon is faster, stronger, less weak to hazards, works in better synergy with Sun teams, and has the added bonuses of being one of the best Baton Passers in existence.

Espeon is faster, but that's about it. Xatu has a x4 resistance to Fighting which gives it loads of opportunities to come in, and Roost works wonders on it, as it can Roost during Ice, Electric or Rock attacks. Being stronger doesn't really matter as neither should go offensive when the Latis and Alakazam exist. Not true that it's weaker to Hazards. Weaker to Stealth Rock yeah, but the other 2 hazards Xatu is immune to while Espeon takes damage. Besides, not sure it all matters when you should be switching in a Magic Bouncer when there aren't any rocks up yet. Better synergy with sun teams, sure but 99% of the time Roost >>>>> Morning Sun or Moonlight for recovery.
---
3DS FC - 3050-8064-0629
#15iKhan88Posted 10/14/2013 2:47:50 PM
R__Truth posted...
iKhan88 posted...
R__Truth posted...

Espeon is faster, but that's about it. Xatu has a x4 resistance to Fighting which gives it loads of opportunities to come in, and Roost works wonders on it, as it can Roost during Ice, Electric or Rock attacks. Being stronger doesn't really matter as neither should go offensive when the Latis and Alakazam exist. Not true that it's weaker to Hazards. Weaker to Stealth Rock yeah, but the other 2 hazards Xatu is immune to while Espeon takes damage. Besides, not sure it all matters when you should be switching in a Magic Bouncer when there aren't any rocks up yet. Better synergy with sun teams, sure but 99% of the time Roost >>>>> Morning Sun or Moonlight for recovery.

Morning Sun and Moonlight are fine for recovery. I honestly don't get why people discredit them so quickly.

Espeon isn't weak to Ice, Electric, or Rock attacks, and it's actually MORE bulky than Xatu, having 20 more BST for Sp. Def, and only 10 BST less in Def. And yes, both should go offensive, because neither has strong Defensive stats. I've used a "bulky" EV spread on Espeon before, and it works okay, but not nearly as well as an offensive set. And Espeon has always been excellent offensively with base 130 Sp. Atk and base 110 Spd. It's outclassed by Alakazam and the Latis, but it still works well. It also pulls off Stored Power better than anything else with the move except maybe Sigyliph.

And synergy with sun teams is a huge deal, as that's the group that needs a Magic Bouncer most.
---
I am iKhanic. REBORN!
#16Dracovian(Topic Creator)Posted 10/15/2013 12:31:39 PM
Any other thoughts?
---
"It's a basic truth of the human condition that everybody lies. The only variable is about what." - Dr. House