This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

EVs explained! PLEASE READ!

#111iRemovalPosted 10/25/2013 8:44:50 AM
Point or pointless,

If I Trained my EV (510used)

Battle system set level 50.

Will it be still useful for the EV training?

E.g: my level 100 Pokemon with 252 EV on special attack It makes 257sAtk.

Without 252 EV on my special attack is might be 202.

If I enter battle system set at level 50
What's my special attack?

I know that's not confirm number, I just like to roughly know does EV do the part in battle/online battle.
#112jayman7(Topic Creator)Posted 10/25/2013 10:02:39 AM(edited)
Sjoerd90 posted...
Quick question, don't know if this has already been asked.

When I have my Charizard destroying a horde of scraggy (5x 1(?) ATK EV = 5 EV) and I have my Metagross/Beldum in my party holding the ATK power item, does the Metagross/Beldum get 5x (1+4) = 25 EV if I'm using the exp. share and will it get 50 EV's if I have pokerus?

If that's true, EV training just got a lot easier...

Yes.

iRemoval posted...
Point or pointless,

If I Trained my EV (510used)

Battle system set level 50.

Will it be still useful for the EV training?

E.g: my level 100 Pokemon with 252 EV on special attack It makes 257sAtk.

Without 252 EV on my special attack is might be 202.

If I enter battle system set at level 50
What's my special attack?

I know that's not confirm number, I just like to roughly know does EV do the part in battle/online battle.

If your stat is 257 at level 100, it will be 131 at level 50 (assuming neutral Nature).

If your stat is 202, then your level 50 stats will be 103.

Both of those numbers are EV-agnostic. Whatever your level 100 stats are, except where Nature impacts it, your level 50 stats will be that minus 5, divided by 2, and plus 5, rounded down. (Except HP, which is the stat minus 110, divided by 2, plus 60.)

So yes, EVs do matter at level 50.

(Also, for the record, 252 EVs giving you 257 Special Attack at level 100 implies that your non-trained Special Attack would be 194. 194 at level 100 = 99 at level 50.)
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#113Z_hunter91Posted 10/25/2013 10:37:44 AM(edited)
If I wanted to EV train an Espeon, starting with a level 1 Eevee, should I finish the EV training with Eevee, or evolve it to Espeon as soon as possible and then start EV training it?

In theory I thought it shouldn't matter since you can just use a reset bag, but a second opinion would be nice.

Also, would it matter if I imported a bred Eevee from SoulSilver once the transfer tool is available, or use a X/Y one?
#114jayman7(Topic Creator)Posted 10/25/2013 11:49:00 AM
Z_hunter91 posted...
If I wanted to EV train an Espeon, starting with a level 1 Eevee, should I finish the EV training with Eevee, or evolve it to Espeon as soon as possible and then start EV training it?

In theory I thought it shouldn't matter since you can just use a reset bag, but a second opinion would be nice.

Also, would it matter if I imported a bred Eevee from SoulSilver once the transfer tool is available, or use a X/Y one?

It doesn't matter anyway. EVs have nothing to do with evolution. Also doesn't matter which game you get the Eevee from or how you got it.

It's best to EV train immediately to save on EV-reducing items (such as Reset Bags), but it's not crucial.
---
#115Z_hunter91Posted 10/25/2013 11:59:27 AM
jayman7 posted...
Z_hunter91 posted...

It doesn't matter anyway. EVs have nothing to do with evolution. Also doesn't matter which game you get the Eevee from or how you got it.

It's best to EV train immediately to save on EV-reducing items (such as Reset Bags), but it's not crucial.

Thanks. That cleared a lot of things up for me.
#116ScreamingMidgetPosted 10/26/2013 12:35:17 PM
If I max out a lvl 1 Poke's EVs and then level it up to like 50, will the EVs change depending on the Pokemon I beat to level it or are they "locked" because I maxed them?
#117jayman7(Topic Creator)Posted 10/26/2013 12:55:58 PM
ScreamingMidget posted...
If I max out a lvl 1 Poke's EVs and then level it up to like 50, will the EVs change depending on the Pokemon I beat to level it or are they "locked" because I maxed them?

EVs can only be removed if you deliberately remove them with berries or Reset Bags or something. They can't swap stats without being removed.
---
#118ScreamingMidgetPosted 10/26/2013 1:20:43 PM
jayman7 posted...
ScreamingMidget posted...

EVs can only be removed if you deliberately remove them with berries or Reset Bags or something. They can't swap stats without being removed.

Great, thanks!
#119GxfurioxOPosted 10/28/2013 7:45:19 PM
It would not matter even if they reached 255. EV's only count in groups of 4. 4 EV's in one stat will improve it. 1-3 EV's will not affect the stats in any way.
#120jayman7(Topic Creator)Posted 10/28/2013 7:57:30 PM
GxfurioxO posted...
It would not matter even if they reached 255. EV's only count in groups of 4. 4 EV's in one stat will improve it. 1-3 EV's will not affect the stats in any way.

Yes, and that's why stopping at 252 is a good thing. You get 510 EVs to distribute amongst your six stats. Raise two to 255 and that's it, you're done. Raise two to 252 and you have six left over, four of which can be used to squeeze one more stat point in (and the last two of which are useless, granted.)
---