This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

EVs explained! PLEASE READ!

#151jayman7(Topic Creator)Posted 11/13/2013 10:13:18 PM(edited)
wazup89 posted...
So I'm new to ev's and iv's. So I've been wondering when someone says to add 4 or 3 Evs to hp or something and 252 to another. Also how many stats can I ev train?

So yeah, let's not read the FAQ at the beginning of the topic and ask just about the most basic question there is.

*sigh* You can fully train two stats (with enough EVs left over to get one level 100 point in a third), or you can spread them around a little.

EDIT: Huh... so I never explicitly said that, did I? I mean, it's not hard to work out (max of 252 per stat and 510 overall = two maxable stats with 6 EVs left over) but I probably should have said it explicitly. Okay, my bad on that one.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#152wazup89Posted 11/14/2013 7:47:17 AM
jayman7 posted...
wazup89 posted...
So I'm new to ev's and iv's. So I've been wondering when someone says to add 4 or 3 Evs to hp or something and 252 to another. Also how many stats can I ev train?

So yeah, let's not read the FAQ at the beginning of the topic and ask just about the most basic question there is.

*sigh* You can fully train two stats (with enough EVs left over to get one level 100 point in a third), or you can spread them around a little.

EDIT: Huh... so I never explicitly said that, did I? I mean, it's not hard to work out (max of 252 per stat and 510 overall = two maxable stats with 6 EVs left over) but I probably should have said it explicitly. Okay, my bad on that one.

yeah sorry there was a few things I was unsure of. But now I got the jist of it now so thanks.
---
Friend Code : 4468-1193-2528 IGN: Anix
#153Foril89Posted 11/15/2013 8:29:59 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#154CoryneyPosted 11/15/2013 7:38:09 PM
I am not sure if this has been covered in here already (I have looked through the EV sticky and tried a search for it but I couldn't see it). How do people "power level" EV's?

I am personally relying on the Super Training Bags for the initial EV levels for my Pokemon, and then switching over to performing the ST themselves. What I mean by this is I am

1) I have a Pokemon with maxed out EV's which can take out a lvl 1 training session in under 5 seconds

2) I go to the lvl 1 training session I am interested in and clear it in under 5 seconds to collect my bag (generally a Large bag as the session is cleared so quickly)

3) Once I have filled up my bags I change over the the Pokemon I want to perform EV training on and get them to use the bags to boost their EV's

4) I rinse and repeat steps 1 to 3 until the new Pokemon's EV's are high enough to handle the lvl 3 training sessions themselves in under 1 minute (the loading on the session seems to be a limiting factor)

Is this how most people perform their EV training? Is there a more efficient way to do it?
---
Fc- 4871-4083-0582
Normal Lillipup, Minccino and Smeagle.
#155-hotdogturtle--Posted 11/15/2013 9:53:09 PM
If you want to train EVs with any semblance of speed or convenience, don't touch Super Training at all.
---
Hey man, LlamaGuy did encrypt the passwords.
With what? ROT-13? -CJayC
#156jayman7(Topic Creator)Posted 11/16/2013 3:18:27 AM
-hotdogturtle-- posted...
If you want to train EVs with any semblance of speed or convenience, don't touch Super Training at all.

Now, now. If you don't have access to Power items yet, Super Training is pretty convenient. And since it does everything in fours (except the small Punching Bags), it's pretty easy to keep track of your training in it.
---
#157gwwakPosted 11/16/2013 1:06:22 PM
Tag
---
Hardcore - We'll probably be modded for this...
#158SanquineTrainerPosted 11/17/2013 8:24:39 AM
I Know About both IV's An EV's

LOOKING FOR HELP WITH NATURES AND CHARACTERISTICS
I have an Pokemon w/ Impish nature( + DEF) (- Sp.Atk) and a Mischievous characteristic (+ Sp.Atk).
Does the character out weigh the nature giving the Pokemon a + to Sp.Atk?
#159HEERO588Posted 11/17/2013 11:10:37 AM
Question: if you have the pokerus (or macho brace or power items) and you use super training will it still increase your EV amount. (my pokerus infected pokemon are still in my white 2 game so I can't test it myself yet).
#160jayman7(Topic Creator)Posted 11/17/2013 12:14:53 PM
HEERO588 posted...
Question: if you have the pokerus (or macho brace or power items) and you use super training will it still increase your EV amount. (my pokerus infected pokemon are still in my white 2 game so I can't test it myself yet).

jayman7 posted...
Pokerus, the Macho Brace, and Power Items only affect EVs obtained through battle.

---