This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

EVs explained! PLEASE READ!

#171blake_alexPosted 12/9/2013 11:24:01 PM
The EV's help the stats gained when levelling up right? So if you level up while horde battling wouldnt the stats not get the maximum amount that they should? So wouldnt super training be better in the sense that we do it at level 1 then level up once the EV's are full?
#172zeknanhPosted 12/10/2013 8:53:51 AM
I cleared 206 Super Training Regine.
#173jayman7(Topic Creator)Posted 12/10/2013 10:43:52 AM(edited)
blake_alex posted...
The EV's help the stats gained when levelling up right? So if you level up while horde battling wouldnt the stats not get the maximum amount that they should? So wouldnt super training be better in the sense that we do it at level 1 then level up once the EV's are full?

No

No no no no no no no no

No no

And no.

That is not how it works.

Read the topic again.

EVs help the stats. Period, end sentence, no qualifiers, that's all.

Level doesn't matter where EVs are concerned. Gaining EXP doesn't matter where EVs are concerned.

There is no such thing as "stat growth" in Pokémon. The LPNs are not stat growth; they're not anything. This is not mere semantics! Nearly every misunderstanding regarding stats that I see on this forum regards treating the LPNs as super-important stat gains, just like you're doing now!
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#17478CoopPosted 12/13/2013 7:38:30 AM
If you properly EV train is it even necessary to level your pokemon up to lv 100? Since the game sets your pokemon to lv 50 in online play anyway. Once I get max EVs and the moves I want should I still keep going?
---
2DS FC: 3497-0706-4913
Friend Safari - Ghost type: Phantump, Lampent, Drifblim.
#175jayman7(Topic Creator)Posted 12/13/2013 9:41:42 AM
78Coop posted...
If you properly EV train is it even necessary to level your pokemon up to lv 100? Since the game sets your pokemon to lv 50 in online play anyway. Once I get max EVs and the moves I want should I still keep going?

If you're going to be playing at level 50 in online play, you don't need to continue to level 100 if you don't want to.
---
#176S_rillaPosted 12/13/2013 7:08:46 PM
Lala
---
FC: 3625-8611-3740
IGN: s-rilla
#177jrm99002Posted 12/15/2013 2:51:12 PM
Thank you so much for this info! It has really helped me understand EV training!

I do, however, am confused in regards to LPNs. Say I hatch a lvl 1 geodude. His stat in Hp and Def are both say 12. If I immediately use 99 rare candies to level him to 100 (never let him evolve), I understand that his Hp and Def would STILL be 12? Since he never gained an EV, Or is there an inherent gaining of stats regardless of EVs upon leveling?
#178jayman7(Topic Creator)Posted 12/15/2013 5:01:04 PM
jrm99002 posted...
Thank you so much for this info! It has really helped me understand EV training!

I do, however, am confused in regards to LPNs. Say I hatch a lvl 1 geodude. His stat in Hp and Def are both say 12. If I immediately use 99 rare candies to level him to 100 (never let him evolve), I understand that his Hp and Def would STILL be 12? Since he never gained an EV, Or is there an inherent gaining of stats regardless of EVs upon leveling?

The whole "no such thing as stat gains" deal is my way of saying "the LPNs don't matter, look at the stat formula". Stats do increase as your Level does (quite a lot, in fact), because Level is a major factor in the stat formulae, but the LPNs are determined by those increases, not the other way around as a lot of people have in their heads.

Here's a good way to say it that I came up with in another topic recently: stats are calculated based solely on what is true now, not what was true in the past. The LPNs are comparing past and present; however, past doesn't matter, and that's why LPNs don't matter.
---
#179MeleeMaster6Posted 12/18/2013 5:24:22 PM
For anyone interested, I took it upon myself to make a guide detailing how to Hoard Train for EVs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEND3znhdHc

Let me know if it is helpful to anyone.
---
Nintendo Network: MeleeMaster6 3DS: 0645-5761-1862
Xbox Live: xMeleeMaster6x PSN: MeleeMastr YouTube.com/MeleeMaster6
#180AnaslinguiniPosted 12/26/2013 12:33:15 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]