This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

EVs explained! PLEASE READ!

#181jayman7(Topic Creator)Posted 12/26/2013 4:14:49 PM
*sigh* The last YouTube link was relevant to the topic. That one? Not.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#182JohnnyLeyendaPosted 12/27/2013 10:03:13 AM
I am truly sorry for asking this, as I'm pretty sure it's very clear already, but I seem to get confused by it anyway.
I just got the game and received my Pokemon, haven't done any battles yet and unlocked the Super Training. As I've read people recommend doing training as earliest as possible to avoid getting wrong EVs, but they also say you can use a reset bag to reset your EVs.
So, my question is, can I play normally with my Pokemon without worrying too much about training, but if I want to then use a reset bag and simply start from scratch at any time without losing any stat points? Because this early I don't wanna spend much time doing training, but I KNOW later on I'll worry a bit about stats. I'm pretty sure you can start over anytime you want with a bag but I just want to make sure it is fact.

I really appreciate the guide and sorry for asking this, but I just can't stand having a doubt and do nothing about it.
#183SuperRup91Posted 12/27/2013 8:54:50 PM
JohnnyLeyenda posted...
I am truly sorry for asking this, as I'm pretty sure it's very clear already, but I seem to get confused by it anyway.
I just got the game and received my Pokemon, haven't done any battles yet and unlocked the Super Training. As I've read people recommend doing training as earliest as possible to avoid getting wrong EVs, but they also say you can use a reset bag to reset your EVs.
So, my question is, can I play normally with my Pokemon without worrying too much about training, but if I want to then use a reset bag and simply start from scratch at any time without losing any stat points? Because this early I don't wanna spend much time doing training, but I KNOW later on I'll worry a bit about stats. I'm pretty sure you can start over anytime you want with a bag but I just want to make sure it is fact.

I really appreciate the guide and sorry for asking this, but I just can't stand having a doubt and do nothing about it.

yes, the reset bag allows for you to redistribute evs with no downside. play through the game how you want, and don't worry about proper ev distribution as those can always be fixed later on.
---
3DS Friend Code: 5413-0006-7792
PM me so I can add you as well!
#184JohnnyLeyendaPosted 12/28/2013 10:48:46 AM
SuperRup91 posted...

yes, the reset bag allows for you to redistribute evs with no downside. play through the game how you want, and don't worry about proper ev distribution as those can always be fixed later on.

Thank you!
#185Run_2_the_HillsPosted 12/29/2013 12:57:25 AM
JohnnyLeyenda posted...

just play the game normally because most likely you wont even be using those pokes in pvp battles. chances are they wont have good iv's anyways.
---
FC: 0834-2045-9046 IGN: mrp
friend safari: psychic grumpig, espurr, gothorita
#186TrunksTheMighty1Posted 12/29/2013 11:15:01 PM
Hmm
---
Only as you grasp your dying breath shall you understand, your life amounted to only one drop in a limitless ocean.
#187Bow_ArrowPosted 12/31/2013 7:31:00 PM
Is there a list of the nest ev training spots?
#188JkickitPosted 1/10/2014 1:23:46 PM
Question: Does a pokemon without Pokerus get full EVs if the pokemon battling has it (EXP Share)? I'm also guessing the Pokemon battling needs to have the Power item too for the bonus?
---
I'm a Redguard and I hold my hands sideways when shooting spells - SubTonic14
Pokemon X Safari: Espurr, Munna, Duosion. FC: 4742-6496-8948
#189jayman7(Topic Creator)Posted 1/10/2014 4:18:42 PM(edited)
Jkickit posted...
Question: Does a pokemon without Pokerus get full EVs if the pokemon battling has it (EXP Share)? I'm also guessing the Pokemon battling needs to have the Power item too for the bonus?

Pokerus, Macho Brace, and Power items only affect the Pokémon that actually have them. It is completely irrelevant who battles, who gets the kill, and who only gets EVs because the EXP Share is on.

If the battler has Pokerus and a Power item, and another Pokémon is in the party with none of those, and the EXP Share is on, the battler will get bonus EVs, and the other won't. Likewise, if the battler has nothing special, but the other Pokémon has Pokerus and a Power item, it'll be the non-battler that gets bonus EVs.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#190brave-guyPosted 1/11/2014 4:27:52 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]