This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

EVs explained! PLEASE READ!

#191brave-guyPosted 1/11/2014 4:29:08 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#192jayman7(Topic Creator)Posted 1/11/2014 5:01:10 PM
Can someone go to the trade board this topic isn't about Meloetta plz!
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#193allentrill1000Posted 1/14/2014 2:08:00 PM
ok for someone whos just learning isnt there an easier way to determineif i am using evs right fo my pokemon?
---
3ds FC-0791-1370-6274
#194jayman7(Topic Creator)Posted 1/14/2014 4:07:49 PM
allentrill1000 posted...
ok for someone whos just learning isnt there an easier way to determineif i am using evs right fo my pokemon?

You ask a difficult question and expect an easy answer. Besides, easier than what?
---
#195NOMPosted 1/15/2014 2:59:20 AM
Question:

I just hatched a 6 IV Protean Froakie and I wish to EV train it. First up is Sp. Atk and I plan to head to Frost Cavern to take on Vanillite Hordes. I am going to infect it with Pokerus and make it hold a Macho Brace.

Am I correct in assuming it will gain 4 EVs from each fainted Vanillite? Vanillite normally gives 1 Sp. Atk EV, and Pokerus doubles that to 2. Holding a Macho Brace doubles any EVs, bringing the total up to 4. Do I have that right?

Also, since the Froakie is Level 1 I will have to pair it with a higher level Pokemon at first. If I have the EXP. Share on and I lead with my high level Pokemon and never switch in to Froakie, will it still gain the 4 EVs?
---
3DS Friend Code: 4725-8115-3842 IGN - Steve
Friend Safari: Ice - Snover, Bergmite, Piloswine - hyogman(Airam) traded me a perfect Japanese Ditto and I OWE him.
#196jayman7(Topic Creator)Posted 1/15/2014 9:36:56 AM
NOM posted...
Question:

I just hatched a 6 IV Protean Froakie and I wish to EV train it. First up is Sp. Atk and I plan to head to Frost Cavern to take on Vanillite Hordes. I am going to infect it with Pokerus and make it hold a Macho Brace.

Am I correct in assuming it will gain 4 EVs from each fainted Vanillite? Vanillite normally gives 1 Sp. Atk EV, and Pokerus doubles that to 2. Holding a Macho Brace doubles any EVs, bringing the total up to 4. Do I have that right?

Also, since the Froakie is Level 1 I will have to pair it with a higher level Pokemon at first. If I have the EXP. Share on and I lead with my high level Pokemon and never switch in to Froakie, will it still gain the 4 EVs?

Yes to everything (which is all answered in the original FAQ, but whatever.)
---
#197mech dragonPosted 1/20/2014 11:47:05 PM
This is probs been addressed in this topic already, so could someone just direct me to what post # (roughly) this info is on? I'm wondering about the Super Training. Basically, what should I know about it before I start playing those mini games?
---
http://i.imgur.com/ZCcEmHO.jpg http://i.imgur.com/OHcGZ4e.jpg
#198jayman7(Topic Creator)Posted 1/21/2014 2:55:26 AM
mech dragon posted...
This is probs been addressed in this topic already, so could someone just direct me to what post # (roughly) this info is on? I'm wondering about the Super Training. Basically, what should I know about it before I start playing those mini games?

I originally wrote this topic when Super Training had its own sticky (I'm waiting for the Bank before rewriting, because the Bank leaves a currently unanswered question that AFAIK hasn't been answered from the people that do have it). But long story short:

Level 1 training = 4 EVs.
Level 2 training = 8 EVs.
Level 3 training = 12 EVs.

Pokerus and Power items are irrelevant to Super Training. The usual caps apply.

There's nothing stopping you from playing over and over again, so go wild (that said, if you have the correct items and Pokerus, hordes can be faster.)

You also get punching bags either for completing a Super Training session or just punching the default white bag. These punching bags grant bonuses; either select them and tap on them over and over, or just wander around and the Pokemon will punch them on their own. The stat bags give +1, +4, and +12 EVs, depending on size. Reset Bags completely erase all EVs.

A max-EV Pokemon can participate in "Super Secret Training", which can net you various items, most notably evo stones. Once Super Secret Training is unlocked for a given Pokemon, it can continue playing it even if its EVs are reset.
---
#199mech dragonPosted 1/21/2014 3:24:13 PM
Thanks.
If I unlock Level 2 training for a certain pokemon, is Level 2 training available for all my Pokemon, or just that one?
---
http://i.imgur.com/ZCcEmHO.jpg http://i.imgur.com/OHcGZ4e.jpg
#200J_AppleiPosted 1/21/2014 3:28:04 PM(edited)
EV training is so easy this gen, especially with the Super Training symbol telling you how many EVs you have. ^^

Also, 200.
---
I like Apple Pie.
Companion_Cube_ is Arceus and Xerneas. Combined.