This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So there is no event-only Pokemon in this generation?

#11RaikuroPosted 10/15/2013 2:28:30 AM
This is the first gen where they could truly add DLC event Pokemon. Even if it's not in the game now, they could still add more surprises.
---
3DS: 5000-2730-2081 pkmnX
#12megasean3000Posted 10/15/2013 2:40:54 AM
It was crap back when Gameboys had no internet connection and you had to be physically present in Nintendo events to get them. But in this modern integrated world, where internet connection to 3DS' is easy as, and places like Game and Gamestop have the power to give away free shiny level 100 Creation Trios, it's freaking awesome :D
---
PSN name: megasean3000/Platinums: 16
Pokemon Black FC: 3697 - 8755 - 1662
#13djayk85Posted 10/15/2013 2:47:18 AM
megasean3000 posted...
It was crap back when Gameboys had no internet connection and you had to be physically present in Nintendo events to get them. But in this modern integrated world, where internet connection to 3DS' is easy as, and places like Game and Gamestop have the power to give away free shiny level 100 Creation Trios, it's freaking awesome :D

This and the fact that the game is heavy on the internet use we can only hope they intend to move towards more WiFi events then location store events
---
3DS Code: 3926-4915-4369
#14eddocPosted 10/15/2013 2:50:08 AM
I'm hoping that there are more Wi-Fi events than location based ones. It sucks when you live in a part of the world where no stores that host such events exist.

Burns me every time.
---
Because that's why.
3DS Friend Code: 4184-2187-5070 | Pokemon X/Y 3DS FC Pastebin: http://pastebin.com/h5nhJ8cP
#15Brandon00151Posted 10/15/2013 2:50:30 AM
I hope we get Event Pokemon with Mega Stones. BTW how long will it take to get game data dumps? Im sure then we will know for sure of what Pokemon are/might be events.
#16Nick_marePosted 10/15/2013 2:57:05 AM
voidarthas posted...
_Floater_ posted...
I hope not. Event-only is dumb

how is it dumb? all you have to do is connect to the internet and get it and you get awesome pokemon for free. its easy and its pretty awesome when you get a level 100 regigigas for doing nothing.

...you must have missed out on an event.

That's not really how events work.

Some events are like that, and those are the great ones. Sadly though, a lot of events suck, such as the event that gave Gen4 starters w/ hidden abilities if you bought Black 2/White 2 from Walmart between a certain time period in NA. It was a huge middle finger to people like me who pre-ordered the games, only to have been told people who don't have it yet can buy it for a rare pokemon that wasn't released any other way. Not only that, but it happened like, a month or 2 after the games release, giving the even bigger middle finger. Those start codes are worth a but load in trade value, and it really isn't right!

Also, japan exclusive (1 already announced for X&Y), and store specific pokemon are really annoying.

The only events they should stick with are Wi-Fi non-specific location events, PGL non-specific events, and PGL league events. (IMO)
---
3DS FC: 4897-7040-0177
#17Paladin_DannyPosted 10/15/2013 3:01:00 AM
Makes being English easier
We only have one major games chain (called Game) and theres one in pretty much every city and they ALL do the events nowadays
---
Official Zebra Bartz of the Duodecim board
Dear Moderators, I'm in fact gay, please stop penalising me for being homophobic, it's just silly
#18RockmanZeroEXEPosted 10/15/2013 3:04:29 AM
I kinda want there to be one... >.> so I can get some of the legendaries I missed into my team.
---
"I've just remembered something...He was not as naive as you are. That's what made him a hero." Zero from RMZ