This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Can we not make Wonder Trade terrible?

#1keybladesrusPosted 10/14/2013 11:44:58 PM
I'll admit, when I first tried it out, I was pumping awful Pokemon into it. I got a few good things, but they were the minority by far. That was when I was early in the game and didn't have many interesting Pokemon yet.

Now that I'm in the post game, I'm going to only put decent Pokemon into Wonder Trade. Some people sent me good things for my crap, and now I'm going to do the same.

I think we should all contribute to making Wonder Trade the great feature it should be. Run into a good Pokemon you already have and have a Pokeball to spare? Catch it and put it into Wonder Trade! Are you a breeder and can't seem to get the perfect offspring? Instead of releasing the failures, put them into Wonder Trade! I got a Fennekin this way, and it made my day.

Sure, most people are still going to pump it full of Bidoofs and Weedles, but let's not be them. Let's be the ones sending out the Haunters that evolve for their new trainers.

I know this topic is probably in vain, but I gotta try.

tl;dr Be a good person and don't contribute to the Bidoof Army.
---
"My favorite color of poop is seven." - Seanbaby, cracked.com
The Official Nox of the Kingdom Hearts 3 Board
#2AquatrezPosted 10/14/2013 11:46:14 PM
I've been trading random Pokemon I catch that I end up not wanting/that don't have the nature I'm looking for. And as I get further into the game, I'm all for putting one some more interesting/better Pokemon!
---
3DS Friend Code: 0919-9476-6342
#3BlyrPosted 10/14/2013 11:46:17 PM
When I start breeding for shinies, I'm going to be mass releasing starters and other decent pokemon into wonder trade.
---
Does it scare anybody else that the only metric Americans know, has to do with weapons? -Rampagingwalrus
#4GenjutsuCrowPosted 10/14/2013 11:47:51 PM
But what will I do with all my Pokemon named BUTTMUNCHER?
---
I've got moves like Jaeger.
http://goo.gl/O02Qv0
#5FvPPosted 10/14/2013 11:47:55 PM
I'll trade all the bad eggs I get

And by bad I mean it will have two of the following
- Good IVs
- Good nature
- Good ability
---
FvP | falco_vs_peach | *^*"The Shinies" Member*^* | Adventure Time Member
PBWSB | PDPSB | /pdpsb/ | PBWSB User Tournament Winner: DiabIo
#6Jackie_ChandlerPosted 10/14/2013 11:48:34 PM
Blyr posted...
When I start breeding for shinies, I'm going to be mass releasing starters and other decent pokemon into wonder trade.

This. I'm breeding Eevees for this specific purpose at the moment. I'm hoping to eventually get a male Pokemon in the Field Egg Group from a foreign country so I can Masuda at the same time. If I ever get a shiny from it, it'll feel like good karma rather than pure luck.
---
XBL: Jackie Chandler | PSN: Jackie_Chandler
Animal Crossing: New Leaf: 0216 - 0804 - 8781
#7CincadaPosted 10/14/2013 11:49:52 PM
I got a Graveler!

...with an everstone....

OHH you cheeky Japanese players....
---
Xbox360 Gamertag: Cincada
Pawn: Serena lvl 200 (Current Vocation: Ranger **I think**) Full Obliv gear Diablo 3: Luna 60 monk, 1650k+ Tdps and Climbing!
#8GenjutsuCrowPosted 10/14/2013 11:52:24 PM
Cincada posted...
I got a Graveler!

...with an everstone....

OHH you cheeky Japanese players....

That woman from Gen 4 strikes again!
---
I've got moves like Jaeger.
http://goo.gl/O02Qv0
#9keybladesrus(Topic Creator)Posted 10/14/2013 11:52:51 PM
I'm not really into the competitive battles, so I'm running out of things to do. I think I'll make this my post-game! Finding and breeding things to send out and hopefully make someone's day! I'm actually getting kind of excited about this...
---
"My favorite color of poop is seven." - Seanbaby, cracked.com
The Official Nox of the Kingdom Hearts 3 Board
#10KingOfGames915Posted 10/14/2013 11:53:57 PM
I'm catching a bunch of Eevee to contribute to Wonder Trade.
---
Nintendo 3DS friend code
2492-4114-8495