This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How do you transfer from Generation III to Generation VI?

#1SpecOpszPosted 10/15/2013 4:24:46 AM
It's been a long while since I last played III, which was Ruby. I actually can't find it but I do have a LeafGreen copy and it should contain somewhat similar Pokemon to Ruby if I recall. Well, does anyone remember how you transfer from Gen III to Gen VI? I vaguely remember something about a Pal Park. I never tried it but I am assuming it's incremental steps per generation and I would need a DS Lite.

Ex: LeafGreen -> Platinum or HeartGold -> Black -> X?
#2PocketkoiPosted 10/15/2013 4:25:59 AM
LeafGreen -> Platinum or HeartGold -> Black -> X

is exactly what you do but you'll need to wait for poke bank first.
#3lunarswordPosted 10/15/2013 4:27:43 AM
Sucks, having to wait until Dec 27th to get my Lopunny back. That, or hope that Pokecheck gets updated sooner.
---
"This is all me. This is ALL ME!"
Video play throughs at - http://www.youtube.com/user/DreadArkive
#4jEr3mYPosted 10/15/2013 8:50:28 AM
Basically you will need an original DS or a DS Lite and you need the GBA slot and a 2DS/3DS (XL)

Start a Gen 4 game (Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold or SoulSilver) with the GBA game in the slot.... You'll need to have beaten the Elite 4.... Transfer using the Pal Park in said Gen 4 game... save the file on Gen 4 game and shut down both systems...

Next boot up Gen 5 game (Black/White or their sequels) and turn the DS with the Gen 4 on but don't load the game... Go to Route 15 and you'll see a lab.. go there and to some guy... after all that talking, you'll get a DS Download Play.... Download the on the other DS with the Gen 4 game... complete the said mini game to transfer whatever Pokemon over...

after that, wait til Christmas... as this app isn't available yet.... but by the looks you need Pokemon Bank and Pokemon Transfer.... you transfer whatever Pokemon from Gen 5 games into the Pokemon Bank.... then start up X/Y and move them from the Bank onto your game.... You can move them back into the Bank from X/Y though.. but you can't take them back into Gen 5 game.... That's the general gist of this bit but there could be more of a process for Gen 5 to Gen 6 as we know very little about the actual apps... there could be mini games, there could be other stuff to do....

But anyway..that's how it works to get Gen 3 pokemon to Gen 6..
---
Non-Specific Action Figure has to be in the next Super Smash Bros game. If you agree, send me a message. Number of people who agree: 19 - updated 27 August 2013