This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Strange Souvenir. *SPECULATION TOPIC*

#51ZEXAL_5Ds_GXPosted 10/17/2013 5:47:30 PM
is KALOS a small region (for the ones who played the whole game)??
If yes, maybe there is another hidden region in XY
---
I gained the world, but lost my Soul; is there HeartGold to save me?!
#52xyzlacticPosted 10/17/2013 8:26:39 PM
This items confirms we will visit a new region and find many new Pokemon? I'm so hyped! :)
---
Homosexual Hipster of Smash Bros and Pokemon X and Y boards. G.A.Y = Good At Yugioh. Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/xyzlactic
#53xyzlacticPosted 10/17/2013 8:28:46 PM
Bump
---
Homosexual Hipster of Smash Bros and Pokemon X and Y boards. G.A.Y = Good At Yugioh. Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/xyzlactic
#54BandarnoPosted 10/17/2013 8:47:27 PM
Is the NPC in this topic the one that says "The Kalos region is nice and all, but you should really check out my region!" ?
#55Zaane1291Posted 10/17/2013 9:59:35 PM
yes ^
#56beebarbPosted 10/17/2013 10:03:37 PM
gamer22rpg posted...
Which hotel do you find the hiker?

Multiple hotels, he's a wandering NPC. Location changes daily, you have to talk to him on four seperate days to get the item.
---
Experience beats bias, but words on the Internet are meaningless.
3DS XL FC: 2492-4470-1418 / White 2 FC: 0047-4149-5185 / White FC: 0348-0626-6780
#57DscharizardPosted 10/17/2013 10:09:48 PM
nick9977 posted...
Gen VI Pokemon ranger/Side game. Since it's non of the 5 main region it must be a side game, couldn't be Pokemon Z. The souvenir itself looks like a skull of a humanoid pokemon (at least the head) possible to be bipedal. Gen IV pull this off with Manaphy already why couldn't they do it again?

This actually makes a lot of sense.

I'm starting to think that it's just a special item that will unlock a goodie in something like a new Pokemon Ranger. Good theory.
---
inb4 Dunsparce megavolves into Arceus
"Mycaruba."
#58xyzlacticPosted 10/18/2013 3:25:29 AM
Please be a skeleton human Pokemon that's Normal/Ghost
---
#59Zekrom9Posted 10/18/2013 5:49:06 AM
I seriously don't think there's a whole hidden region in XY... Nor do I believe there will be in Pokémon Z.

What I do believe is, I don't think that the backpacker is talking to the character at all. I think he's breaking the fourth wall, talking to you, the player, us, and that 'we' will soon see a new region. Probably Gen VII, I guess this is the new Lock Capsule, and that it will only have an effect when transferred to Gen VII. Or maybe it doesn't do anything ever, but just serves as a small teaser for the next set of games.
---
3DS Friend Code: 3179-6345-2059
Playing Pokemon Y!
#60Unown_201Posted 10/18/2013 5:51:13 AM
Is there any new information? It seems he says something slightly different each day, maybe we could gather the quotes for each day.

Today (Day 2?) he said:

"The Kalos region is nice and all, but you should really check out my region! There's this facility that you wouldn't believe...Ah, never mind. You'll see it in due time."

Yesterday I think he said something similar about a city. I imagine these things are hints to the region being described, just need to fit them together.

What region has a city and facility that really noteworthy? No city I remember is bigger/more impressive than Luminoise, so it seems like it isn't a known region.

All known regions so far are based on real places, so if this is a new regions we can assume that will be true again. In the real world, are there any cities that could fit this? The only place I can think of is maybe Rome.

Also, what facility could be unbelievable? The only thing I can think of is the safari zone from HG/SS or the Battle Frontier Both possibly hinting at Johto, but then Goldenrod city doesn't fit with the first part. It isn't anything that noteworthy.

Going with Rome, it is famous for the Colosseum. This is the sort of landmark that could work well with being a pokemon facility...

Also, the Strange Souvenir kind of looks like a Roman statue.

Any thoughts?