This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Strange Souvenir. *SPECULATION TOPIC*

#71niceguy678Posted 10/18/2013 4:16:17 PM
honesty i dont care weather we get a new region or not i just want new pokemon i am unsatsified with only 69 new pokemon seriously 1st gen had more
---
fC:4983-5199-7953 town atlantis
#72Unown_201Posted 10/18/2013 4:27:51 PM
Tzuba12 posted...
Unown_201 posted...
Day 3: "The Kalos region is nice and all, but you should really check out my region! Our Champion is really something else, I tell you... Ah, never mind. You'll find out in due time."

He was in the hotel in Coumarine City (Saturday).

Is this the case for everyone, or is it random?

Look at my post a few replies back.

Yeah, I know you posted the quote. Just adding the day number it is said and location data etc. Trying to see if there is a set pattern or if it is just random.
#73XerneusPosted 10/18/2013 6:47:52 PM
I am at the hiker right now, in Couriway City, serebii is wrong, he gives it to you after speaking to him once. From what I've gathered it is in regard to a whole new region, this is the hiker's quote.
"The Kalos region is nice and all, but you've really got to check out my region!
Where Is it you ask? Well, I can tell you its not Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, or even Unova!"

There are two hikers in the same room but in different hotels that speak of this new region. The one that gives you the souvenir can be talked to 4 consecutive days in a row and gives you a little more info on the region as each day passes.
#74XerneusPosted 10/18/2013 6:52:03 PM
I apologize:
The hiker that DOES NOT give you the souvenir can be talked to 4 consecutive days in a row. Though he gives you nothing.

Maybe Z will have some extra content, like black and white 2(?).
or maybe Nintendo is changing the game, like how worldwide release happened. It broke the internet for a while, maybe the next gen will occur soon after Z.
#75Unown_201Posted 10/19/2013 5:41:52 AM
Xerneus posted...
I apologize:
The hiker that DOES NOT give you the souvenir can be talked to 4 consecutive days in a row. Though he gives you nothing.

or maybe Nintendo is changing the game, like how worldwide release happened. It broke the internet for a while, maybe the next gen will occur soon after Z.

I have searched all the hotels and there is only one backpacker.

Here is a list of anything that seems interesting/relevant that I found:

Ambrette Town Hotel:

Ground Floor - Woman with brown hair, black top and blue jeans with gold belt:
"Hey, I got something rare from a customer! I had a chat with the customer several times, and we hit it off!"

Seems she is describing the Backpacker, you have to talk several times to get the Strange Souvenir.

First Room - Woman with grey hair and purple clothes:
"Where I'm from, we put Pokemon Eggs in sand baths."

Quite sure this is the same person who says they have hot-springs next to the pokemon center.

Cyllage City Hotel:

Maid on first floor:
"It just seems wrong to sell or throw away a gift, right?"

This is the person who gives the destiny knot, so could just be referring to that. However it could also be a hint not to throw away or sell the Strange Souvenir.

Couriway Town Hotel:

Child on ground floor:
"Imagining the stuff in the Pokedex makes your world bigger and bigger!"

Not sure if this is a hint at anything, could be that there are clues of a new region in the pokedex.

Woman on ground floor, grey hair, purple clothes. She is sitting at a table:
"I hear there is a waterfall that flows backward somewhere in the world! I really want to see that!"

A quick Google search found that there is a waterfall in Hawaii that sometimes flows backwards because of the wind, see http://www.world-of-waterfalls.com/is-there-a-waterfall-in-hawaii-that-sometimes-flows-up-instead-of-flowing-down.html

Is this a hint of a region based on Hawaii?

The man next to her says:
"When I say "waterfall", what 's the first thing that comes to mind? It's crazy how you get so many different answers to that question! Seriously! Try asking your friends!"

No idea what this is about, but draws attention to waterfalls again. He is right next to the woman who talks about one flowing backwards, so may just be to get you to realize it is important.

First Floor:

Hiker: "Sure don't see very many Magikarp in Kalos region, do you?"

Relates to water again. Not sure if it means anything.
#76RoksuPosted 10/19/2013 6:05:38 AM(edited)
I'm pretty sure Magikarp's lore has something to do with waterfalls.

EDIT: One of Shauna's postgame dialogue: "Know what? I'm going to a faraway region next time! I'll make lots of great memories while I'm there!"
---
PSN: Rokuyo14 (NA / Inactive), Roksu13 (HK / Active)
3DS FC: 2406-5366-0034
#77Unown_201Posted 10/19/2013 6:24:38 AM
Roksu posted...
I'm pretty sure Magikarp's lore has something to do with waterfalls.

EDIT: One of Shauna's postgame dialogue: "Know what? I'm going to a faraway region next time! I'll make lots of great memories while I'm there!"

Your right! Google search found:

"Magikarp is based on a legend about how carp that leapt over the Dragon Gate would become dragons. Several waterfalls and cataracts in China are believed to be the location of the Dragon Gate."

Source: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Magikarp_(Pok%C3%A9mon)#Origin

Also, http://news.nationalgeographic.co.uk/news/2013/01/130107-freshwater-fish-weird-animals-science-evolution/

About a fish that climbs waterfalls in Hawaii...

Hawaii has hot springs (woman says they have them next to pokemon center where she is from). Could be a reference to Hoenn, but maybe not...

Can't find anything about sand baths and eggs, not sure what this is referring to. I imagine hot sand to keep the eggs warm, but can't find anything.
#78XerneusPosted 10/19/2013 6:46:51 AM
They make reference to the Magikarp lore in Couriway town too. An ace trainer girl by the pier makes reference to it.
#79Hirokey123Posted 10/19/2013 6:50:01 AM
Maybe is has to do with that Mystery Pokemon game shown briefly the same time they advertised origins? Because Spin-off pokemon games like the Colliseum series do indeed have their own region.
---
I've got a quote that embodies you perfectly, but it's seventy-three posts long, has a few massive flowcharts, and lots of Xion-KMA to Me
#80XerneusPosted 10/19/2013 6:50:14 AM
New theory. The people in the hotels move daily from hotel to hotel because when I was talking to the hiker that gave me the strange souvenir he was in Couriway town. Now he is not there and there is a hiker in the geosenge hotel, speaking of this new region.

Unown_201 posted...
Xerneus posted...
I apologize:

I have searched all the hotels and there is only one backpacker.

Here is a list of anything that seems interesting/relevant that I found:

Ambrette Town Hotel:

Ground Floor - Woman with brown hair, black top and blue jeans with gold belt:
"Hey, I got something rare from a customer! I had a chat with the customer several times, and we hit it off!"

Seems she is describing the Backpacker, you have to talk several times to get the Strange Souvenir.

First Room - Woman with grey hair and purple clothes:
"Where I'm from, we put Pokemon Eggs in sand baths."

Quite sure this is the same person who says they have hot-springs next to the pokemon center.

Cyllage City Hotel:

Maid on first floor:
"It just seems wrong to sell or throw away a gift, right?"

This is the person who gives the destiny knot, so could just be referring to that. However it could also be a hint not to throw away or sell the Strange Souvenir.

Couriway Town Hotel:

Child on ground floor:
"Imagining the stuff in the Pokedex makes your world bigger and bigger!"

Not sure if this is a hint at anything, could be that there are clues of a new region in the pokedex.

Woman on ground floor, grey hair, purple clothes. She is sitting at a table:
"I hear there is a waterfall that flows backward somewhere in the world! I really want to see that!"

A quick Google search found that there is a waterfall in Hawaii that sometimes flows backwards because of the wind, see http://www.world-of-waterfalls.com/is-there-a-waterfall-in-hawaii-that-sometimes-flows-up-instead-of-flowing-down.html

Is this a hint of a region based on Hawaii?

The man next to her says:
"When I say "waterfall", what 's the first thing that comes to mind? It's crazy how you get so many different answers to that question! Seriously! Try asking your friends!"

No idea what this is about, but draws attention to waterfalls again. He is right next to the woman who talks about one flowing backwards, so may just be to get you to realize it is important.

First Floor:

Hiker: "Sure don't see very many Magikarp in Kalos region, do you?"

Relates to water again. Not sure if it means anything.