This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do Mega Stones work for more than one of it's respective Pokemon?

#1ColtCababaPosted 10/15/2013 4:29:25 PM
As in, for example, a Mawilite being held by a single Mawile. Is it treated as a regular held item, so I can just take the Mawilite and give it to another Mawile, and it will shift into Mega Mawile?
---
I love obstacle courses.
#2SorceressTharjaPosted 10/15/2013 4:29:58 PM
Yep, just a normal held item.
#3Krissi2197Posted 10/15/2013 4:30:07 PM
I took the Lucario mega stone from the one that was given to you and gave it to my Lucario, and it worked just fine. So I think as long as it's the right stone you should be good.
#4dascylusPosted 10/15/2013 4:30:21 PM
Yes, that is exactly how it works.
#5Jerk_BeefyPosted 10/15/2013 4:30:56 PM
Krissi2197 posted...
I took the Lucario mega stone from the one that was given to you and gave it to my Lucario, and it worked just fine. So I think as long as it's the right stone you should be good.

But the other Lucario abandoned his trainer for you! Sad face.
#6homersimpson132Posted 10/15/2013 4:31:53 PM
Jerk_Beefy posted...
Krissi2197 posted...

But the other Lucario abandoned his trainer for you! Sad face.

I did the same thing. It's because I caught a Riolu before the first gym and trained it allll the way up.
---
3DS Name Hugo
3DS FC 0791-1565-4302
#7Mini Black MagePosted 10/15/2013 4:32:15 PM
I'm guessing you don't quite know how it works. A pokemon needs to be holding it's respective mega stone to mega evolve (which is done during battle, and ends after battle) using a mega ring to activate it. The stone doesn't get used up, so while you can have more of the same pokemon, the only one that can mega evolve during battle is the one holding it.

Hope that helped!
---
"I'm in the bathroom with a tommy gun droppin' gangsta ****." - Celph Titled
#8ColtCababa(Topic Creator)Posted 10/15/2013 4:33:38 PM
Thanks for all the responses. Yeah, was wondering if it was consumable. Good to know that it is reusable. :D
---
I love obstacle courses.
#9PaladinAlikPosted 10/15/2013 4:39:18 PM
Do mega evolutions trigger automatically or is it manual? (can I choose when to trigger it or does it just happen if the proper items are equipped)?
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior and you're not ashamed, put this in your signature.
#10ColtCababa(Topic Creator)Posted 10/15/2013 7:22:45 PM
PaladinAlik posted...
Do mega evolutions trigger automatically or is it manual? (can I choose when to trigger it or does it just happen if the proper items are equipped)?

I believe it triggers primarily during the first turn in battle if the Pokémon is holding it's respective Mega Stone.
---
I love obstacle courses.