This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

When to evolve Haunter?

#1CalciferJenkinsPosted 10/16/2013 8:14:59 AM
Any reason to wait? He's level 59 now, and I'm after Mega Gengar. I can trade with myself, I'm just wondering if there's any benefit to waiting. From what I can see he isn't going to learn any more great moves naturally, but there might be one or two TMs I'll want to teach him later.
---
Thank you, gentlemen! Someday, I will repay you. Unless, of course, I can't find you or if I forget.
#2tadashii18Posted 10/16/2013 8:16:36 AM
Evolve him when you want. Most, if not all of Gengars moves will be TM's anyways. Shadow Ball, Energy Ball, Sludge Bomb, Psychic, Hidden Power, Focus Blast, etc.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.12
#3CalciferJenkins(Topic Creator)Posted 10/16/2013 8:17:58 AM
Okay then, thank you very much.
---
Thank you, gentlemen! Someday, I will repay you. Unless, of course, I can't find you or if I forget.
#4j0rdannnPosted 10/16/2013 8:18:00 AM
Pokémon that evolve through trade learn the same level-up moves as their pre-evolutions, as far I remember. There's probably slight differences, but you can do trade evolution at pretty much any time.

The only reason I would see to wait is that it might take more experience to level up an evolved Pokémon, although that I'm not positive about either. I was always under the impression that you could trade right away and everything would be the same except the speed at which the 'mon gains levels.
---
3DS FC: 0216 0811 3026.
Currently playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon.
#5HellKnightXPosted 10/16/2013 3:49:01 PM
Evolved pokemon do not take more xp to level than their predecessors. The only reason to not evolve Haunter into Gengar is if you plan on doing sky battles. Haunter can participate in sky battles, but Gengar cannot.
---
Someday, someone will best me. But it won't be today, and it won't be you.
#6Paladin_DannyPosted 10/16/2013 3:52:14 PM
HellKnightX posted...
Evolved pokemon do not take more xp to level than their predecessors. The only reason to not evolve Haunter into Gengar is if you plan on doing sky battles. Haunter can participate in sky battles, but Gengar cannot.

Gengar has levitate, it can still participate
---
Official Zebra Bartz of the Duodecim board
Dear Moderators, I'm in fact gay, please stop penalising me for being homophobic, it's just silly
#7Redjoker777Posted 10/16/2013 3:53:23 PM
Paladin_Danny posted...
HellKnightX posted...

Sadly it can't.

It is part of a special list of pokemon that don't do sky battles.
---
3DS FC: 2621-2758-3169
#8RE4everMKPosted 10/16/2013 3:54:09 PM(edited)
Paladin_Danny posted...
HellKnightX posted...

No.
Edit: Greninja'd
---
3DS Friend Code: 4914-3619-4377 (Name: Valen; Town: Darashia)
Pokemon Black2: 3311-2523-4657