This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How the hell do I get into the clothes shop in Lumiose City?

#1BridgemanzPosted 10/16/2013 12:26:47 PM
I've already searched the internet. I've tried whatever I could find.

- I'm wearing a "matching" clothes set, all with the same label. And when I pressed the change button I got the "fancy" effect.

- I visited at least four different cafes, but there was nothing to do in any of them.

- I did all the jobs at the hotel until they said I was done for today and there was no more work.

- I fought all the battles in restaurant "La Nah" and restaurant "La Yeah". Restaurant "La Wow" can apparently only be entered when you beat the champion, so I couldn't go there.

Now, I STILL get sent away when entering the clothes shop. It's driving me nuts. What the hell do I need to do to get in there???
#2MettanAtemPosted 10/16/2013 12:27:30 PM
Just keep doing stuff in Lumiose.
---
3DS Friend Code: 1504-6768-2853
Pokemon X Safari: Rock w/ Shuckle, Nosepass, Onix.
#3shrooboid313Posted 10/16/2013 12:29:10 PM
MettanAtem posted...
Just keep doing stuff in Lumiose.

Pretty much this.

This included battling at the restaurants for me, styling a Furfrou, I believe taking an audio tour and a variety of other things.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/Shrooboid313?feature=mhee - My YouTube channel.
FC: 2363-5620-6039 - 3DS Friend Code, Message me if you do add me.
#4Bridgemanz(Topic Creator)Posted 10/16/2013 12:32:29 PM
Darn it... I hate that city so much, could they have made the angle and cameral control any more annoying??
#5578t7645uyb5Posted 10/16/2013 12:33:29 PM
Try styling your Frufouf or whatever that Pokemon is called, as well as battling random trainers in the alleyways.
---
Hi, I'm Zafir!
999 and VLR are the best Visual Novels to date.
#6gladwyn101Posted 10/16/2013 12:36:15 PM
According to the Official Strategy Guide, there is a hidden stat for your Trainer indicating stylishness. You increase by actually doing stuff in the city, not just entering the buildings. This means stuff like taking the audio tour in the museum, trimming your Furfrou, shopping at the stores (like the Pokeball, Herbal medicine, etc), eating at restaurants, working at the hotel, taking a cab, riding a Gogoat, etc.
---
4e is not D&D, but WoW making a Disguise check.
Pokemon Black Friend Code: 0605-2800-9952; Trainer Name: Solace; First Pokemon (roleplaying): Snivy (Monty)
#7snuffles504Posted 10/16/2013 12:53:56 PM
I just explored the city. I worked in the hotel once, took the audio tour at the museum, entered every building I could and talked to everyone. I also did my best to explore all the alleys and battle everyone there.

I didn't battle at any of the restaurants or style a Furfrou, though.
---
Official Rinzler of the Kingdom Hearts III Board
R - Hyuck hyuck hyuck!
#8kitsuruPosted 10/16/2013 12:59:36 PM
I took the audio tour, made a PR Vid, did the lottery, visited Alexa, visited all of the cafes, battled people in alleys, bought and made berry juice, bought specialty pokeballs, and wore a 'fancy' outfit from Laverre. That's all I can think of off the top of my head.
#9Bridgemanz(Topic Creator)Posted 10/16/2013 2:07:18 PM
Well, after getting a haircut, getting my poodle Pokemon (whatever it's called) a haircut, visiting the museum, visiting the lotto, riding the taxi, making a PR Video, and God knows what else, I finally got in and got my fedora. Now I finally look mature.

Oh wait, this is Pokemon.
#10gleasonchnPosted 10/17/2013 2:35:52 AM
I could be wrong, but I was able to get into the boutique after getting several haircuts (I messed up my hair and so I did it a couple of times, I think 3 times total). I'm saying this might be the ticket because there are two kids directly outside the boutique who talk about "Did you know you could get stylish? Yeah, get a haircut for your furfrou" but I never got a haircut for that Pokémon.

I didn't do much else in the city because I hate the layout and camera angles, but I'll list out what else I did (if its not here I didn't do it, and I didn't do anything at the hotel or have a "fancy" outfit on).

- PR video
- Battled at one of the restaurants (I did not finish one of the battles as recommended by the server to finish before 3 turns, I finished in 4)
- Drank at the juice bar
- Got the Luminose City gym badge
- Beat Team Flare at their hideout in the city
- Took one taxi ride
- Went to the Pokemon centers several times, bought stuff from the mart

and thats about it. I keep seeing these threads about doing a lot of stuff that I just didn't do, and on a whim I checked with them and they let me in.

Also, not sure if this makes a difference, but I checked with them after I became Champion.

Its honestly not that great. My favorite clothes which I bought almost all the items from were in Snowbelle City. I don't think I'll be saving up for the clothes in the boutique in Luminose City.