This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I don't get people who finish Pokemon in a day or two

#21DojoOfDirt(Topic Creator)Posted 10/16/2013 12:17:55 PM
hikari198 posted...
DojoOfDirt posted...
hikari198 posted...
What I don't get is how you take x4 the amount of time compared to the rest of us. What's holding you back?

Lmao stuff like this makes me laugh. Nothing's holding me back, bro. I just like to enjoy my games. And you know, I do have other things to do too.

and you act like we don't? I have a job and save my playtime till nighttime. Took me 27 hours to beat the game and I had it for a week now. Good amount of time imo.

Ok so you just like speeding through the game.
---
POkeMOn Is My LOve FOreVEr
HAhaHAha SMelL YOu LAteR
#22Paladin_DannyPosted 10/16/2013 12:19:11 PM
forest_wanderer posted...
Agreed. I got the game at a midnight release and am clocked in at about 10 hours so far.

When I see people with times like 53 hours already and stuff... well, I don't play the "get a life" card very often, but there's no excuse for that nonsense.

Yeah? Well try being ill and disabled
---
Official Zebra Bartz of the Duodecim board
Dear Moderators, I'm in fact gay, please stop penalising me for being homophobic, it's just silly
#23forest_wandererPosted 10/16/2013 12:20:28 PM
hikari198 posted...

and you act like we don't? I have a job and save my playtime till nighttime. Took me 27 hours to beat the game and I had it for a week now. Good amount of time imo.

Ah and therein lies the caveat. Nighttime is when other people spend time with boyfriends/girlfriends, family, going out with friends, or GASP doing more work.

Nice try though.

vilsevalle posted...

Why do you even care how other people spend their time?

I don't. They asked what was holding people back from beating a 25 hour game in four days. I was explaining why some people don't have time to devote almost half their conscious time to a video game.
---
My adorable (and useful!) food blog: http://www.poorcouplesfoodguide.com
3DS: 1934 - 0658 - 7543
#24FafnirPosted 10/16/2013 12:20:33 PM
Game came out on thanksgiving long weekend, my family doesn't do much for thanksgiving and I didn't want to spend $40 on gas to go see them and drive back, everyone was out of the city for the weekend...

Pokebinge time.
---
PSN: TheManingrey
ACVD ID: Wintermute / 3DS FC: 0860-4081-6465
#25HoundoomedPosted 10/16/2013 12:20:38 PM
Beating the game in a day is fine, but what I don't get is how people can have like 90 hours of play time already. Now that's insane.
---
Dot dot dot
. . .
#26forest_wandererPosted 10/16/2013 12:26:04 PM
GambitUS posted...
Besides, why does anybody care what others do with their time anyways? I'm on the side-lines here, still haven't gotten my copy (Should arrive Monday). But when I do get it, there's going to be a marathon. Doesn't matter if I do complete it in a few days, I'll have my fun and thoroughly enjoy it.

And then there's competitive battling to hold me over for more time.

I don't care what people do with their time. But someone asked what's holding people like me back from beating a 30 hour game in four days. I defended myself. People are free to cram 30 hours of Pokemon into 60-ish hours of being awake. But don't act surprised when other people mathematically could not do the same.
---
#27TaladasharPosted 10/16/2013 12:28:05 PM
26 hours in with like 150-160 pokes caught. Just now getting to the fourth gym.
---
( \ ( \"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain, It's time to roll the dice ."
(=^:^) So sayeth the cute bunny
#28mmc2679Posted 10/16/2013 12:28:33 PM
IngSlayer posted...
They have no lives.

This. Pokemon games are at least 30 hours long. So playing games for about 15 hours each day begs to ask the question if the person lives in the basement of their parents.
---
PSN ID: Mustq Wii U ID: Crimson 3DS FC: 2105-9940-9707
#29DexterTheThirdPosted 10/16/2013 12:30:16 PM
On a different note, I'm very pleased and surprised that the game is lengthy enough to not be beaten in a weekend. I can blaze through some of the older pokemon games pretty quick in comparison.

I was sick for two days, got the game on my first day of being sick and played the game almost nonstop before getting well. And I only just got the 5th badge. Pretty impressive, I'd be off to postgame in the other games by this point.
---
Formerly known as Hero Fly Chao.
"Last Of Us is a typical dudebro FPS" -coolguy_23
#30forest_wandererPosted 10/16/2013 12:30:56 PM
mmc2679 posted...
IngSlayer posted...
They have no lives.

This. Pokemon games are at least 30 hours long. So playing games for about 15 hours each day begs to ask the question if the person lives in the basement of their parents.

Easy now dude, living with parents =/= no life. Most responsible people my age around here still live with the parentals since cost of living is so absurd on Long Island.

And just the same, game-binging neckbeards can live on their own too. No correlation.
---