This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Team Nova RP Episode 6: Chaos Theory

#1empireoffirePosted 10/16/2013 3:45:33 PM(edited)
I wish I can say I came up with the episode title, but HHDeception is the one who came up with it.

Discussion and Sign-ups

Concept and Planning:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/67142720

Sign-up Thread 1:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/67171627

Sign-up Thread 2:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/67255878

Discussion Thread 1:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/67259087

Discussion 2/Sign-up 3:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/67333251

Discussion 3/Sign-up 4:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/67448633

Previous Episodes

Episode 1:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/67184036

Episode 2:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/67209456

Episode 3:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/67245324

Episode 4:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/67302581

Episode 5:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/67378019

Player Characters

Xerneas

Neal Ferre (The current N, Admin) (GolurkCanFly)
Austin (DigiHeroKid)
Brendan Reed (Formerly Mewtwo) (uuurrrggh)
Hero X (protobakurion)

Mewtwo

Meridia Crystiana (GX1997)
John Doe (Real name: Joshua) (empireoffire)
Grant Gallowglass (Cheesepower5)
Ace Kingston (DragonmanXD)

Yveltal

Xavier Vesta (Leader) (TepigSnivy)

Team Nova

Jay Rayne (Admin) (IVIasterJay)
Osric King (Osranger)
Samson Markins (ThatPersonGuy)

Deceased(?)

Phineas Celeste (HHDeception)

Major NPCs

Xerneas

Wally
Misty
Fennel

Mewtwo

Benga (Leader)
Hilda White
Yancy
Curtis
Riley
Prof. Sycamore
Rosa
Tierno
Mia

Yveltal

Silver (Admin)
Eusine
Hugh
Archie
Maxie
Karen Gallowglass

Team Nova

Maurice (Leader)
Celena (Admin)
Duncan (Admin)

Missing/Unaffiliated

Red
Blue
Ethan
Lyra
Dawn
Lucas
Alder
Cynthia
Hilbert
Garth Gallowglass

Deceased

N
Steven Stone
Nate
Looker
---
size does not matter....weight does.
other aliases: gamefreak043, Cyborg-Kangaroo, Joe The Smurf
#2empireoffire(Topic Creator)Posted 10/16/2013 3:09:57 PM
The premise (tl,dr version,credit to HHDeception... again. Edited by empireoffire):

10 years after BW2, an organization called Team Nova has taken over the world. With a technology called StarBurst, they can take over the minds of almost any pokemon on a whim, even through their pokeballs. Trainers are nearly useless. Most Gym leaders and Elite Four members are dead. Soldiers rose up to replace them. Weapons and technology are almost always preferred to a team of pokemon at your side.

StarBurst takes the form of an energy weapon, whether blasters, lightsabers, or halberds. NVE against a human, but instant mind screw to a pokemon. Only Legendary pokemon, or those with a very strong life-long bond to a human can hope to resist StarBurst. The more pokemon you carry, the more thin your bond with them is spread, hence you should probably only carry one. Two max.

There are three factions of resistance:

Xerneas: Team Plasma. They refuse to use StarBurst but will fight for peace regardless.
Mewtwo: What is left of the Pokemon League. They use StarBurst as a means to an end.
Yveltal: No formal organization. Those who seek the destruction of Nova at any cost are sought out by Yveltal to be his agents. More members would be nice!

Nova is horribly OP, and pretty much nobody has a chance against one of the admins (Jay, Duncan, Celena) let alone the Leader (Maurice) one on one. They have the technology to wipe an island off the face of the Earth, and then some. GM and cyborg pokemon are not out of the question, but haven't really been explored yet.

Johto is Nova HQ, Kanto and Unova are also heavily guarded. Sinnoh and Hoenn less so. Orre is not under Nova control, and Kalos has been wiped off the map. Other regions haven't really been fleshed out yet.

Legendary pokemon are immune to StarBurst, but that doesn't mean people haven't captured them. You are allowed to have one as a partner, but not Ubers, and a lot have been spoken for.

As for trainers like Red, use them sparingly, but use them if you want. It is suggested you check the NPC list to see who has already been taken.
---
#3GX1997Posted 10/16/2013 3:12:37 PM
empireoffire posted...
Yveltal: No formal organization. Those who seek the destruction of Nova at any cost are sought out by Yveltal to be his agents. More members would be nice!

Amen to that.
---
SS Nuzlocke: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/2000300-pokemon-emerald-social/67453870
Official Random Keyblade Master of the KH3 board
#4ThatPersonGuyPosted 10/16/2013 3:18:24 PM
GX1997 posted...
empireoffire posted...

Amen to that.

Aren't there only three Yvetal members?
---
NEVER confuse "excuse" with "explanation", It is one of the worst mistakes people have with their judgement.
- NovaeGamer
#5empireoffire(Topic Creator)Posted 10/16/2013 4:11:27 PM(edited)
ThatPersonGuy posted...
GX1997 posted...
empireoffire posted...

Amen to that.

Aren't there only three Yvetal members?

1, who's gone missing, and 6 NPCs, 4 of which are VERY recent additions in order to bring relevancy to the team.
---
#6DigiHerokidPosted 10/16/2013 4:12:39 PM
AUSTIN/HOODED MAN

"Empoleon!",He cried out releasing the pokemon.

"Hydro Cannon the Roof!",He shouted. "Dusknoir, Mean Look the kid!",he shouted.

""If We can't leave, you can't either"",Thought the hooded man.

"Seriously",Austin said hparsely.

(After, this we should prepare for Time Skippage!)
---
B2 FC 3526-1414-2221
3DS FC 2148-8476-2728 " I am not a loner. I simply will not act like you to "fit in""-Me
#7uuurrrgghPosted 10/16/2013 4:53:04 PM
*Bing!*

Nelson was dozing off in his char when the Pokedex finished downloading.

---

Brendan felt himself in... well, he wasn't sure. Up was down, left was right, and going diagonally was met by an invisible force. All he could see was darkness. Cautious, he stepped forwards, to see his legs covered by only a hospital gown. What happened?

"You tell me."

Brendan turned around, facing a will-o-wisp. Are you responsible for this? He felt a wave of confusion wash over him.

"Uh, yes and no. Mostly yes."

Brendan was intrigued. Just what do you mean by "yes and no"? This time a mixture of sadness and guilt coursed through him.

"By no, I mean you being in a bad situation and using the drive. By yes, I mean getting both of us into the same boat, quite literally I might add."

Just who the hell are you?!

"Who was the last Pokemon you saw before blacking out? It's Navarre."
---
Apparently, I'm nobody.
3DS FC: 3695-0592-2895
#8uuurrrgghPosted 10/16/2013 5:23:02 PM
"...nnnggh... roasted Magikarp with a side of sauce... mmm... WARGH!" Nelson crashed to the floor as his eyes were bombarded with red light. "Is Nova attacking again?! Oh god let me pack my chemistry set... oh?" The source of the new light was the Pokedex start screen. "Oh, thank Arceus..."

---

Brendan was dumbfounded. Say what?!

"Believe me, I'm not happy with the situation either."

Brendan did the best he could to glare at the ball of flame. This will take lots of getting used to... argh, my head hurts...

'Throbbing in the upper left temple, and soreness at the cerebellum? Same here."

Why, yes- wait, how do you know where the pain is when you don't have a head of your own?

"Long explenation."

Long time unconscious.

"(sigh), very well. you know how Athena said the Cosmic Drive temporarily merges two souls together?"

...Wait, are you telling me we merged our souls?

"Not exactly. When my body was destroyed at Celestic, the Drive malfunctioned. Damn prototypes. It exerted all of it's remaining power into the bond magnification, overloading and destroying it in the process. With so much power, we were pretty much one super soul.

With so powerful an attraction, my soul got sucked into your body- of course, I was pretty much dead at that point. When the effects wore off, I tried to get out, but after the overloading, out souls are now linked. With my own soul wandering around a foreign body, eventually around a third of your cells got mutated with my own DNA.
"

...you were always smarter than me, Navarre. By the way, how fast are we communicating? This might be useful in a fight.

"Hold on... about two seconds.

Never knew souls could talk so fast.

---

"Huh, Gallade?" Nelson wearily looked at the screen. "Si, there really is a pokemon inside a human..." A grin formed on the doctor's face. "Makes me wonder how it's brain works."
---
Apparently, I'm nobody.
3DS FC: 3695-0592-2895
#9HHDeceptionPosted 10/16/2013 5:50:55 PM
Jirachi simply blinked at the screen. 500 isn't a password. And we didn't have entry to the data either. It was times like this that made Jirachi wish it could learn to speak human.

His telepathy is naturally inhibited in order to not influence a human's wish. Normally Celeste could read his mind but anyways...for now he'd have to make due with a stop-getting-our-hopes-up slap to the face.

"Nono! We did it! We forced minimum complexity, we're sure of it! It just...didn't open with the pass key. It just spat out a number and then scrambled itself again."

Huh, Celeste covered his bases here to. Or maybe...the number means something.

Jirachi rolled his arms. A signal for "do it again."
---
Sound good?
#10empireoffire(Topic Creator)Posted 10/16/2013 6:21:43 PM
With the element of surprise gone, John Doe was now in the middle of an outright firefight with the Nova soldiers. The staircase leading up to the floor he was in was cramped, but every time one Nova soldier went down, the corpse was dragged somewhere else and another person took cover by the side of the doorway in their place. The smoke Doe caused was essentially the only thing that left him with much of a fighting chance, since the grunts were forced to shoot at the general direction of where the bullets were coming from, and even then Doe was moving between two pillars to the left and right of the doorway.

Then, Doe heard the sound of a Pokemon being released from its ball. He looked upward to see a Weavile leaping from above him at great speeds. Barely ducking out of range of it's claws, Doe threw out Zoroark. Zoroark and the Weavile's hands clasped ahold of one another as they began to try to push the other down. Doe sent out Manaphy, who hit the now-vulnerable Weavile with a Water Pulse, which stunned it long enough for Zoroark to force it to the ground and hit it with a point-blank Flamethrower.

Doe's eyes diverted to the windows momentarily. He noticed smoke coming from the direction of Vermillion City.

If I had to guess, I'd say it'd be the work of Yveltal making a last hurrah now that Nova knows they're there. Could help divide Nova attention between over there and over here.

John Doe took a breath and shot his handgun into the smoke in order to provide suppressing fire. He realized he stayed out of cover for slightly too long when he saw a lucky Starburst shot coming right toward his face. He recoiled as he received a splitting headache and his ears began ringing. Clutching his head, he was barely able to recover his dropped handgun and shoot down a soldier that decided to charge in when he realized the attacker from behind the smoke had stopped shooting. Panting and his head still hurting, Doe reloaded his rifle as he held his back against the stone pillar.

Mewtwo, hurry the **** up!
---