This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What moves does tough claws affect?

#1OmegaWeaponDestroyerPosted 10/16/2013 6:10:31 PM
Is it basically if it deals with pokemon touching, it counts? I mean, Im trying to figure out what to use on Barbarbacle. Im guessing Bulldoze.. doesnt count? But Poison jab does. And argh its confusing. Dunno what to put on him. His attack is redic, he gets shell smash, tough claws, adamant. But the movessss
---
Something. -Someone
3DS FC: 3523 - 2403 - 4617 Pokemon X: Iris
#2omega4692Posted 10/16/2013 6:12:34 PM
The move has to make physical contact so moves like earthquake and bulldoze don't count. Moves like bite and dragon claw/dragon tail count.
#3SaintparaPosted 10/18/2013 10:05:55 AM(edited)
OmegaWeaponDestroyer posted...
Is it basically if it deals with pokemon touching, it counts? I mean, Im trying to figure out what to use on Barbarbacle. Im guessing Bulldoze.. doesnt count? But Poison jab does. And argh its confusing. Dunno what to put on him. His attack is redic, he gets shell smash, tough claws, adamant. But the movessss

Stone Edge and Razor Shell for STABs. Serebii says both make contact, which is great. Shell Smash for set-up and Cross Chop for coverage. Fighting + Rock is amazing coverage still and Water adds a good back-up plan. Accuracy is his only real issue as none of his key moves are 100%.

Other options are:

Aerial Ace
Poison Jab
Brick Break/Power-Up Punch
Shadow Claw
Night Slash
Return (great in-game coverage move)
Dig

On the subject, do we yet know how MUCH it effects them? I simply cannot believe the 50% number I keep hearing. Stab Tough Claws Stone Edge is 200 power coming off a 105 attack stat that's probably at +2? It's pretty brutal! Shame his speed tier isn't up to par. One speed higher and he'd outspeed base 108 scarfers after a Smash.

---
Plothooker - www.plothook.net - Get Hook'd
"Is there a barista in here? Because this roast just got DARK!" - Andy Samberg