This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Pikachu in Santalune Forest

#1Luigi is the bestPosted 10/17/2013 9:43:18 AM
So I just started my playthrough, and I got to Santalune forest and caught a Pikachu, which was nice cause I heard the catch rate in the forest was comparable to Viridian forest in red/blue, so I decided to train him up until I find a better electric type anyway. But now, all I'm running into is Pikachus. Once I caught him I literally saw one other pokemon in the forest. Are you more likely to see Pikachu if you have a Pikachu or is my game just being weird?
---
Exspheres, made from people, so they taste like people!
#2adamoldenPosted 10/17/2013 9:44:20 AM
If you have him in the lead then yes...his ability draws other electric types
#3xxgamer91xxPosted 10/17/2013 9:44:56 AM
The reason why your running into so many PIkachu is your Pikachu as the ability static which raises running into wild electric type Pokemon by 50%.
#4Scribbler397Posted 10/17/2013 9:48:50 AM
The game determines which Pokemon you encounter in a way comparable to rolling a die. For example, by rolling a 2, 4, or 6, you encounter a Pikachu. By rolling a 3, you encounter a Scatterbug, etc. Your game just happens to keep rolling the numbers for Pikachu.

Each Pokemon has a different likely hood of being encountered, and Pikachus just so happen to have a high likely hood.

Hope that helps!
---
Moderator on the new USGamersList Forums -- http://forums.usgamerslist.com/forum/usgamerslist-forums/
#5Wario_manPosted 10/17/2013 9:50:21 AM
Yeah, there's a chance you could run into nothing but Pikachu in the forest. Then there's the chance you may never see Pikachu, or only see one. Probability is a crazy thing.
---
All your children are poor unfortunate victims of systems beyond their control, a plague upon your ignorance and the gray despair of your ugly life.
#6Missingno_MastrPosted 10/17/2013 9:51:50 AM
It's because your Pikachu, which has the Static Ability, is in the front of your party. If a Pokémon with Static is in the front of your party, you're way more likely to encounter Electric-types. And Pikachu's the only Electric-type in Santalune Forest.
---
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9247960/1/404-Error
http://gottaglitchemall.smackjeeves.com/
#7lavos24551hPosted 10/17/2013 11:22:04 AM
hes runnnig into more not cus of random encounter chance/die rolls but because his Pikachu has Static, so the likelyhood of finding more Pikachu is 50% higher than normal if Pikachu is his lead pokemon

also its not akin to a die roll at all, its an RNG and % based, so certain pokemon have certain percentage of appearing in a patch of grass you run into, what you get even with % chance is still all up to luck

hes just finding loads more Pikachu cus his has Static and its his lead i assume, which Static on the lead pokemon raises chances of wild Electric-types by 50% so theres only one Electric-type in Santalune Forest - pikachu
---
PSN ID: Lavos2009 - Metroid Prime Hunters FC: 1765 51154 9720